Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President 'The Donald' Trump and Surprising Consequences - Mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I wonder what odds are being offered at this stage for an impeachment? Might be worth a punt or two.

The Russian affair is really threatening to tear apart the Republican party. You have Congressmen like Nunes, who are seemingly doing everything they can to stymie the investigative process. This information is going to come out, only question is when and how many people are implicated in the scandal.
    10/11 odds on, on Paddy. Going completely off memory here from glancing at it around the time, but near inauguration I think it was about 5/1. If you want a longer odds bet it would be on what year he will be impeached, though 2017 is only 3/1 (2018 is 8/1, 2019 16/1 and 2020 is 20/1). If you did go for an impeachment bet, you'd be better served just taking him not to complete his first term at 5/6 in case he were to resign or that 'unfit for office' motion talked about a few weeks back were to be passed.

Ladbrokes have gone so far as to suspend betting on it - https://www.inverse.com/article/29816-ladbrokes-trump-impeachment-odds-removed

• Registered Users Posts: 10,484 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Sand wrote: »
    The thing is the Republicans have a number of ways to dispose of him where they are seen to be 'doing the right thing'.

He has failed to divest himself of his assets so they can build up a case of a kleptocracy. The Yakla raid could become Trumps Benghazi, with Trump being painted as being reckless with American lives. The Russia links may not amount to more than Trump being a useful idiot, but cause enough to get rid. And he is very likely to continuing vomiting up more and more excuses to impeach him by his social media activity.

You can be sure Paul Ryan will happily stick the knife in his back when it seems best for Paul Ryan. Trump is very vulnerable with no natural political allies, but he probably doesn't realise it.

In a way, the removal of Trump wont necessarily be a good thing. He came to power by claiming to represent working class Americans who have been wholly abandoned by both the Democrats and the Republicans. While Trump may go, those working class Americans will continue to be denied any real representation by either party.

I could see a bad election season next year giving the impetus to dispose of him. Republicans have failed miserably so far with their supermajority.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,710 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Watching "The Circus - inside the biggest story" on Sky Atlantic HD, relating the loss of the dump the Obamacare Bill vote, coverage of Don, the Senators before, during (and Probably after) the vote. Don in the Oval Office before the vote seeming positive, and Paul Ryan trying to explain to a press conference how the vote was lost; "we're stuck with obamacare for the present" qoute.

Funny how things Trump says keep coming back to haunt him... this happened about 3-4 weeks after the "knock the crap out of 'em, I'll pay your legal fees" (which he later proved to be a lie, while telling another lie on the same issue).

Judge rejects Trump defense against claim he incited violence at rally
    A federal judge has rejected President Donald Trump’s free speech defense in a lawsuit in which he is accused of inciting violence against protesters during his campaign.

Trump’s lawyers sought to dismiss the lawsuit by three protesters who say they were roughed up by Trump supporters at a March 2016 campaign rally in Louisville.

Trump’s lawyers contend that when the candidate said “Get ’em out of here”, he didn’t intend for his supporters to use force.

Two women and a man say they were shoved and punched by audience members as Trump directed them from the podium. Much of the scuffle was captured on video and widely broadcast during the presidential campaign.

Judge David J Hale in Louisville ruled on Friday that the suit against Trump, his campaign and three of his supporters can proceed.

Hale found that there were ample facts supporting the allegation that the protesters’ injuries were a “direct and proximate result” of Trump’s actions.

“It is plausible that Trump’s direction to ‘get ’em out of here’ advocated the use of force,” Hale wrote.

Two of the Trump supporters are named in the suit. They are Alvin Bamberger, a member of the Korean War Veterans Association (KWVA) from Ohio, and Matthew Heimbach, a leader of the white supremacist group Traditional Youth Network from Paoli, Indiana.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

aloyisious wrote: »
    Watching "The Circus - inside the biggest story" on Sky Atlantic HD, relating the loss of the dump the Obamacare Bill vote, coverage of Don, the Senators before, during (and Probably after) the vote. Don in the Oval Office before the vote seeming positive, and Paul Ryan trying to explain to a press conference how the vote was lost; "we're stuck with obamacare for the present" qoute.

You have to wonder really...there aren't many civilized societies on earth that would attempt to commit such a completely blatant "steal from the poor and give to the rich" move and expect to get away with it.

That ryan only allowed members of congress to come and read it in a secure room and not to remove copies, shows what a piece of rubbish even ryan considered the bill to be.

• Advertisement

InTheTrees wrote: »
    You have to wonder really...there aren't many civilized societies on earth that would attempt to commit such a completely blatant "steal from the poor and give to the rich" move and expect to get away with it.

That ryan only allowed members of congress to come and read it in a secure room and not to remove copies, shows what a piece of rubbish even ryan considered the bill to be.
    Well who would have expected any less given that Trump was happy to take credit for writing some of the damn thing before it all fell apart so spectacularly?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,652 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Billy86 wrote: »
    Funny how things Trump says keep coming back to haunt him... this happened about 3-4 weeks after the "knock the crap out of 'em, I'll pay your legal fees" (which he later proved to be a lie, while telling another lie on the same issue).

Judge rejects Trump defense against claim he incited violence at rally

The problem seems to be that Trump does not see the difference between public and legal. The response to this for many of his supporters will simply be to bring up "what about HC and hired protesters, didn't Obama use drones, didn't Jeb Bush support Iraq?"

They placate everything that Trump does in terms of it not being the worst ever. Even the response to the Pussygate tape was that they had heard worse. No acceptance that that type of carry out wasn't acceptable in the first place.

Trump has done a great job in making everything that goes against him seem like a conspiracy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

He went on Alex jones show and told him what a great job jones was doing.

Talk about absurdity.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

When was this? I just searched for "Alex Jones Trump" and nothing indicates that Trump has been on his show since being inaugurated, other than Jones's claim that Trump occasionally rings him for advice.

Still, imagine having access to Top Secret files that none of us mere mortals will live long enough to read and still giving Alex Jones attention. :rolleyes:

The madness continues...

Today there's news that the president's son in law jared kuchner is in iraq. No indication of what he's doing there.

And of course the State Department (who are usually in charge of foreign affairs) has been gutted of its senior leadership so there's only rex tillerson at the helm and there's no sign of him in iraq.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Really Interested

The madness continues...

Today there's news that the president's son in law jared kuchner is in iraq. No indication of what he's doing there.

And of course the State Department (who are usually in charge of foreign affairs) has been gutted of its senior leadership so there's only rex tillerson at the helm and there's no sign of him in iraq.

I'm no fan of trump but I don't see any madness in Kuchner going on a trip seems it's reported and reasons.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/04/02/politics/jared-kushner-iraq/

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Kuchner's going to produce peace in the Middle East, remember? If he can't do it, nobody can, according to the Donald.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,373 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

I'm no fan of trump but I don't see any madness in Kuchner going on a trip seems it's reported and reasons.

What qualifies him to engage in international diplomacy and external security?

With none of the oversight that would come with normal diplomacy through the state department.

I expect It's the trump family lining It's own pockets somehow.

I would say nothing. In fact in many ways he is the wrong guy to create a deal in the Middle East. If it's a bust it's another promise not delivered, if he delievers something well then great.

In my opinion it's win win either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,373 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

I would say nothing. In fact in many ways he is the wrong guy to create a deal in the Middle East. If it's a bust it's another promise not delivered, if he delievers something well then great.

Well, it could be win, win or lose. His lack of expertise might seriously compromise the mission with consequential negative impacts. Iraqis could especially suffer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Christy42

He could make things worse, there is a reason we don't just send different people over repeatedly to try it out. There are people already working on this you know.

Also the scenario you describe is at best win-draw with draw being by far the most likely scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,652 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

A Jewish American going over to tell the ME how to best handle its problems! (Problems that many in the ME think are caused by Israel and the US)

I cannot see anything remotely wrong with that picture.

Christy42 wrote: »
    He could make things worse, there is a reason we don't just send different people over repeatedly to try it out. There are people already working on this you know.

Also the scenario you describe is at best win-draw with draw being by far the most likely scenario.

A ****up is another nail in Trump, but the way his surporters act his leading to WWIII would still have 30 odd % supporting him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Christy42

A ****up is another nail in Trump, but the way his surporters act his leading to WWIII would still have 30 odd % supporting him.

Ah I misunderstood what you meant by win win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭demfad

With none of the oversight that would come with normal diplomacy through the state department.

I expect It's the trump family lining It's own pockets somehow.

Kushner has dealings with Israeli Financiers and major loans with Israeli banks.
    I'm sure something can be arranged:
    According to the Associated Press, Kushner’s family real estate company, Kushner Companies, has a shared investment in a New Jersey apartment building with a major Israeli financial group, Harel Insurance Investments & Financial Services Ltd.

In addition to the New Jersey apartment building, Harel partnered with Kushner Companies on a deal to provide a $50 million loan for a real estate project in Brooklyn, a 73-story residential building that would be the borough’s tallest.

The AP also reported that Kushner Companies confirmed it has a “longstanding relationship” with Israel’s Bank Hapoalim and Bank Leumi, but would not provide further details.

Read more: http://forward.com/fast-forward/367081/will-jared-kushners-israel-investments-impact-peace-process-and-how/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

https://www.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/848857910297980928?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

5 months gone and he's STILL going on about the election. He's literally trying to throw anything and hope people will look away from Russia and his trainwreck presidency.

This is just laughable now.

https://www.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/848857910297980928?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

5 months gone and he's STILL going on about the election. He's literally trying to throw anything and hope people will look away from Russia and his trainwreck presidency.

This is just laughable now.

Not only that but the wording is just plain disturbed. He mentions hillary being given the "answers" to the debate.

The "answers"??? To a debate?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Not only that but the wording is just plain disturbed. He mentions hillary being given the "answers" to the debate.

The "answers"??? To a debate?

A presidential debate is like a class test in the mind of Donald.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

We're, what, 100 days in? Only another... oh... 1,300 to go....

We're, what, 100 days in? Only another... oh... 1,300 to go....
    73 days in.

That's right. Seventy three days.

Seriously, it's like something comes up every single day. Just when you thought it couldn't get much murkier, things for full on Metal Gear Solid. :pac:

Blackwater founder held secret Seychelles meeting to establish Trump-Putin back channel
    The United Arab Emirates arranged a secret meeting in January between Blackwater founder Erik Prince and a Russian close to President Vladi­mir Putin as part of an apparent effort to establish a back-channel line of communication between Moscow and President-elect Donald Trump, according to U.S., European and Arab officials.

The meeting took place around Jan. 11 — nine days before Trump’s inauguration — in the Seychelles islands in the Indian Ocean, officials said. Though the full agenda remains unclear, the UAE agreed to broker the meeting in part to explore whether Russia could be persuaded to curtail its relationship with Iran, including in Syria, a Trump administration objective that would likely require major concessions to Moscow on U.S. sanctions.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,357 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

We just need Deep throat now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭sxt

Obama's national security adviser asked for Trump's associates' names to be 'UNMASKED' from intelligence reports dozens of times - before they were leaked

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4376288/Obama-s-national-security-advisor-ASKED-unmasking.html#article-4376288

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Farage must have friends in the Daily Mail.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement