Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President 'The Donald' Trump and Surprising Consequences - Mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Really Interested

Yup Ines that blow up evertime he sets them up. Trump is falling for NK's bull crap like the warmonger he promised he was not, what did he say about Japan and it defending itself just another lie, and you will defend him to the hilt because like any person conned you don't want to admit he is a fraudster. Keep on believing if it helps you sleep at night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Yup Ines that blow up evertime he sets them up. Trump is falling for NK's bull crap like the warmonger he promised he was not, what did he say about Japan and it defending itself just another lie, and you will defend him to the hilt because like any person conned you don't want to admit he is a fraudster. Keep on believing if it helps you sleep at night.

I live in Ireland. I'm happy Trump won for his take on terrorism alone. Rest of the stuff doesn't impact me.

I live in Ireland.

So!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

btw she's since deleted the entry from her blog in which she says many revolting things about trans people, but you can't get rid of anything on the internet!

Shorter Hank:

"Yeah, so see my principles only apply to people who forget to delete the absolute racist, sexist, homophobic comments they make. She deleted it, so it's the fault of the interweb for allowing people to preserve things for posterity."

I can see why you like Trump so much you're very similar in many ways. Family relative?

Shorter Hank:

"Yeah, so see my principles only apply to people who forget to delete the absolute racist, sexist, homophobic comments they make. She deleted it, so it's the fault of the interweb for allowing people to preserve things for posterity."

I can see why you like Trump so much you're very similar in many ways. Family relative?

If you only post on this forum and talk to people who agree with you all day I can see why you think that. I believe it's called confirmation bias.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭Water John

So like the guy heading the EPA, Trump puts people in charge who actually have strong lines against that very institution. That looks like a Bannon conflict strategy.

If you only post on this forum and talk to people who agree with you all day I can see why you think that. I believe it's called confirmation bias.

Do you ever actully deal with what any other poster says. You fit all criteria of confirmation bias when every any one challenges me just say la la la

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Shorter Hank:

To be fair to Hank, it was me who wrote the bit you quoted and I was celebrating that even if someone deletes their horrible opinions they are never really gone

Do you ever actully deal with what any other poster says. You fit all criteria of confirmation bias when every any one challenges me just say la la la

No what actually happened is I responded to a point about Michael Cohen then someone brought up LGBT rights to refute Cohen is innocent. It's a classic example of attacking the poster and not the post.

Maybe so. I just find it perplexing your reasons for jumping off the Trump Train are such far-right nationalistic reasons. Talking about the "Deep State" etc.

Un-insuring 25 million people from healthcare, targeting LGBT rights, targeting marijuana consumption, huge tax cuts for the rich which the poor (or deficit) will pay for, all seem to be gravy for you....

But if Trump "gives in" to the Dark Forces of the Deep State then you're off the train.....

• Advertisement

No what actually happened is I responded to a point about Michael Cohen then someone brought up LGBT rights to refute Cohen is innocent. It's a classic example of attacking the poster and not the post.

Apologies If I got the context of that post wrong!

No that is not what happened, a poster called you out on your earlier claim re LGBT, you tried to deflect, just like with my post about war by saying we live in Ireland, by that logic then why does Trumps treatment of LGB people good or bad matter to you sure you are in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

No it is not.

It was an attempt, (however forlorn) to try to hold you to at least one of your earlier statments. It has been apparent for months that no matter what you have previously said, you will pop up to defend Trump no matter what he does.

You drew a clear line in the sand back in January; Attack LGBT rights and you'd be gone, now you're saying trans people are mentally ill and you no longer support the T in LGBT. It is clear at this point that you have only one firmly held position; defend Trump at all costs.

But if Trump "gives in" to the Dark Forces of the Deep State then you're off the train.....

Shortly after the time the FBI investigation was announced, Trump started changing what he had been saying all along. Yesterday he came out and said he was a Nationalist and a Globalist. He was posting almost daily about the Intel agencies on twitter then all of a sudden he's off firing missiles into Syria and bombing Afghanistan. The President is a puppet of permanent Government imo and Trump has proven to be no different, which I find disappointing.

Shortly after the time the FBI investigation was announced, Trump started changing what he had been saying all along. Yesterday he came out and said he was a Nationalist and a Globalist. He was posting almost daily about the Intel agencies on twitter then all of a sudden he's off firing missiles into Syria and bombing Afghanistan. The President is a puppet of permanent Government imo and Trump has proven to be no different, which I find disappointing.

So we can hold you to this in the future?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭Water John

I hadn't ever heard any one, pick and mix, LGBT.
    So, if I'm fine with Lesbian and Gay, but don't agree with Bi, where do I fit in?
    I cannot get the jesuitical distinctions.

B0jangles wrote: »
    It is clear at this point that you have only one firmly held position; defend Trump at all costs.

The way people post around here you'd swear he was rounding people up into camps. There's obvious things to defend Trump on, like NK and ISIS. For the most part I've lost interest since he started singing a different tune after a month or two in office. I barely post about it anymore or read about it. Yes I shouldn't have said LGBT, when I posted that I was thinking about gay rights and same sex marriage and so on.

Water John wrote: »
    I hadn't ever heard any one, pick and mix, LGBT.
    So, if I'm fine with Lesbian and Gay, but don't agree with Bi, where do I fit in?
    I cannot get the jesuitical distinctions.

What about the guy who agrees with the L and thinks the rest is yucky?

So we can hold you to this in the future?

Who's we, this forum and all of it's 20 poster active posters? Yeah, knock yourself out.

Who's we, this forum and all of it's 20 poster active posters? Yeah, knock yourself out.

Ok then anyone who wants to hold you to that statement may do so. That statement being you believe Trump is a puppet! So any person who posts to this forum will be sure you won't flip glop ob trump being a puppet in your eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,372 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

With respect, you take offence easily. Pity, as you seem to be the only Trump supporter (or ex-supporter perhaps) who doesn't simply regurgitate one-liners from lunatic websites.

Ok then anyone who wants to hold you to that statement may do so. That statement being you believe Trump is a puppet! So any person who posts to this forum will be sure you won't flip glop ob trump being a puppet in your eyes.

Yes.

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/the-administration/321808-trump-and-bannon-take-on-the-permanent-government

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Shorter Hank:

Well to be fair, Hank doesn't support Trump - he dropped all support for him entirely when Trump signed an EO allowing gay people to be discriminated against by federal contractors. That was Hank's barometer of what was attacking gay rights as he said himself, and Trump got rid of it - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102468642&postcount=1149

Billy86 wrote: »
    Well to be fair, Hank doesn't support Trump - he dropped all support for him entirely when Trump signed an EO allowing gay people to be discriminated against by federal contractors. That was Hank's barometer of what was attacking gay rights as he said himself, and Trump got rid of it - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102468642&postcount=1149

You know his entire base was evangelical, allowing people to exercise religious liberty is not the same thing as ousting same sex marriage or similar. It's the classic pizza shop argument where the couple didn't feel comfortable catering to a gay wedding because of their beliefs.

You know his entire base was evangelical, allowing people to exercise religious liberty is not the same thing as ousting same sex marriage or similar. It's the classic pizza shop argument where the couple didn't feel comfortable catering to a gay wedding because of their beliefs.

Tell that to an evangelical.

So in your opinion is he a puppet or just not able to do the deal?

His opinions on foreign policy don't matter. There's people who decide what the US does and he just follows orders. That's why IMO there's been uproar over Russia and leaking. Someone asked him the other day did he give permission to drop the MOAB, he said he did. The next day a military person came out and said Trump had no influence on their decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,372 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

His opinions on foreign policy don't matter. There's people who decide what the US does and he just follows orders. That's why IMO there's been uproar over Russia. Someone asked him the other day did he give permission to drop the MOAB, he said he did. The next day a military person came out and said Trump had no influence on their decision.

So he lied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

It doesn't matter who the base is, you stopped supporting Trump at the point. You pointed to that EO as an example of gay rights and protections and said he if went after those things you would immediately drop all support for him. You must have been confident that wouldn't happen, but it did. If you had not literally pointed to that exact executive order as evidence of LGBT rights and protections you might have a way to try and change your stance, but you did - so you don't.

• Advertisement

So he lied.

What could he say, "no I didn't?"

Only option is to lie.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement