Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President 'The Donald' Trump and Surprising Consequences - Mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,372 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

What could he say, "no I didn't?"

Only option is to lie.

Why could he not tell the truth? The truth came out anyway and proved him to be a liar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Really Interested

What could he say, "no I didn't?"

Only option is to lie.

Funny the evangelical support have no problem with lies! What does the bible say about false witness, a sure we only listen to what the bible says about Ben and Bobs wedding cake!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Billy86 wrote: »
    It doesn't matter who the base is, you stopped supporting Trump at the point. You pointed to that EO as an example of gay rights and protections and said he if went after those things you would immediately drop all support for him. You must have been confident that wouldn't happen, but it did. If you had not literally pointed to that exact executive order as evidence of LGBT rights and protections you might have a way to try and change your stance, but you did - so you don't.

I don't see religious liberties as the same thing as revoking peoples rights, you can reverse the same argument and say Evangelicals beliefs or rights are being infringed upon and it's wrong etc. I think letting full grown Men into girls bathrooms is lunacy and it's gone too far.

The only reason I wanted Trump to win was cause he might actually do something about the terrorism problem and second was the comedic value of seeing the lefties and media lose their collective shít. Nothing else he can do will impact my day to day life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I don't see religious liberties as the same thing as revoking peoples rights, you can reverse the same argument and say Evangelicals beliefs or rights are being infringed upon and it's wrong etc.

I only reason I wanted Trump to win was cause of might actually do something about the terrorism problem and second was the comedic value of seeing the lefties and media lose their collective shít. Nothing else he can do will impact my day to day life.

Again Hank, if you had not used that exact EO as an example of gay rights, you might have a leg to stand on here. But you did, so you don't.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102452295&postcount=5396
    If Trump or any of his administration actively promote or seek to remove LGBT rights while in power I will drop any support I have for them. Pence has a checkered past but it's not his right to impose what he believes on others. Up to now they've been following through with campaign promises but something like that would be over the line. I wouldn't be alone, many of his supporters would react the same imo.

and back in January
    I've read in many places Trump is going to go after LGBT rights. He added lgbt protection to the vetting bill and the white house today released this.

"In a statement released early Tuesday, the White House says Trump "is determined to protect the rights of all Americans, including the LGBTQ community" and that he "continues to be respectful and supportive of LGBTQ rights, just as he was throughout the election.""

https://twitter.com/AP_Politics/status/826405148461195264

That wound up being the exact piece of legislation he removed only weeks after the debacle over transgender people and bathroom which is not going to effect their absurdly high rate of suicide attempts (30-40% of trans people attempt suicide before their 18th birthday, if I recall).

Why could he not tell the truth? The truth came out anyway and proved him to be a liar.

A Politicians job is to lie, Trump just isn't as good at hiding than others.

• Advertisement

Again Hank, if you had not used that exact EO as an example of gay rights, you might have a leg to stand on here. But you did, so you don't.

Believe what you want, me no care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Believe what you want, me no care.
    Going by the history of the position changes in your posts, it wouldn't surprise me if you claimed not to care if Trump converted to Wahhabist Islam and called for the wholesale slaughter of Christians, Jews and gays.

You put your hopes in a fraud and career con man, this is what happens. You don't support and actually detest what he stands for, you've said that yourself, you're now into the territory of defending him because you can't bring yourself to admit he has continuously proven you wrong about believing him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

I don't see religious liberties as the same thing as revoking peoples rights, you can reverse the same argument and say Evangelicals beliefs or rights are being infringed upon and it's wrong etc. I think letting full grown Men into girls bathrooms is lunacy and it's gone too far.

The only reason I wanted Trump to win was cause he might actually do something about the terrorism problem and second was the comedic value of seeing the lefties and media lose their collective shít. Nothing else he can do will impact my day to day life.

If he keeps escalating tensions with various nuclear weapon-holding countries around the world and the worst happens, do you think Ireland has some kind of magic anti-fallout shield to protect us or are you relying on those old iodine tablets to protect you?

If he continues to push for more and more environmentally destructive policies, do you think you and in the longer term your family - children nephews, nieces, etc., will be immune to the effects of serious rise in sea levels?

If the beginning and end of your support for Trump is a belief that he has anything like the knowledge, experience and understanding to be able to do anything whatsoever to prevent the rise of terrorism, with a side-helping of 'the lulz' then it's really a very good thing you're not a voter in the US

A Politicians job is to lie, Trump just isn't as good at hiding than others.

Sometimes it is. But no politician I've ever seen has lied so blatantly and for so little reason. It seems to come so naturally to him and it doesn't matter to him when he's been proven to have lied. In fact, he's lied so much in the past twelve months that I doubt anyone with half a brain believes anything he says. They just assume he's lying. Which isn't exactly what you would want in a POTUS.

Going by the history of the position changes in your posts, it wouldn't surprise me if you claimed not to care if Trump converted to Wahhabist Islam and called for the wholesale slaughter of Christians, Jews and gays.

You put your hopes in a fraud and career con man, this is what happens. You don't support and actually detest what he stands for, you've said that yourself, you're now into the territory of defending him because you can't bring yourself to admit he has continuously proven you wrong about believing him.

Thanks for the free physiological lesson. If you're constantly reading negative stories about Trump, your perception of him is obviously going to be negative too. I think it's fair to question things and hammer him on certain others, but the hysteria surrounding him has never been seen before, it's constant hit after hit, and was during the campaign too. My own feeling is somewhat negative so far, but it's no where near the hysterical levels others are expressing.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-media/2016/10/study-91-percent-of-trump-coverage-on-broadcast-news-was-negative-230297

A non partisan poll was released yesterday about the media and Trumps Whitehouse, and IMO some people might find the results surprising.

https://morningconsult.com/2017/04/28/political-media-earns-poor-marks-americans/

XspdACD.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭Water John

But chasing opinion, isn't where the coalface is.

Facts and truths are primary. Trump doesn't value these very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,002 ✭✭✭Christy42

I always love the that the "lefty tears" argument is the best reason to support Trump. It is utterly moronic. No basis in helping anyone move foward - I don't care how many deaths his policies lead to I just want to upset people. More and more their only defense for Trump is I care about absolutely nothing so I don't care that he is terrible and damn near everything he has done.

Evangicals merely want the right to ignore the rights of others. Always weird how the people who jabber about love for everyone always need exceptions from anti discrimination laws.

That's rich given what the last administration did and the mess that was left over.

That's rich given what the last administration did and the mess that was left over.

Just because a person thinks trump is a muppet does not mean they support the previous administration.

And why do all who claim to support trump say, when it is pointed out how stupid that is, but but the others. this is about Trump and his surporters discovering they been played.

Just because a person thinks trump is a muppet does not mean they support the previous administration.

And why do all who claim to support trump say, when it is pointed out how stupid that is, but but the others. this is about Trump and his surporters discovering they been played.

The discovery being according to the Washington post that only 2% of his voters regret voting for him and that if the election was held today he'd still win?

The discovery being according to the Washington post that only 2% of his voters regret voting for him and that if the election was held today he'd still win?

Knowing and accepting are two different things.

https://www.aol.com/article/2015/10/15/victims-scams-schemes-cons/21249208/

They could be describing the ultimate Trump voter.

Knowing and accepting are two different things.

https://www.aol.com/article/2015/10/15/victims-scams-schemes-cons/21249208/

They could be describing the ultimate Trump voter.

You can keep your plan, you can keep your doctor, that kind of thing?

You can keep your plan, you can keep your doctor, that kind of thing?

It's everything. As you said he is a puppet, he is a man who was always on the inside, who people believed was on the outside. Ask which ex president was at his wedding, ask who is Ivanka's best friend ask who are members of his golf clubs, the inside sold you one of their own as a new type of politician. The funny thing is he been great for the two groups you laughing at the left and the media. They say follow the money in this case ask who benifits, most of his surporters been played. The ones not played are the ones on the inside who can afford to join his golf club. Lol.

It's everything. As you said he is a puppet, he is a man who was always on the inside, who people believed was on the outside. Ask which ex president was at his wedding, ask who is Ivanka's best friend ask who are members of his golf clubs, the inside sold you one of their own as a new type of politician. The funny thing is he been great for the two groups you laughing at the left and the media. They say follow the money in this case ask who benifits, most of his surporters been played. The ones not played are the ones on the inside who can afford to join his golf club. Lol.

He's a puppet of the permanent state, is what I said, meaning he has little or no input on foreign policy. Read up about the CIA and operations they've conducted in the past, it's interesting stuff.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwoods

He's a puppet of the permanent state, is what I said, meaning he has little or no input on foreign policy. Read up about the CIA and operations they've conducted in the past, it's interesting stuff.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwoods

And who do you think are this permanent state you talk about. If you are right it's the Bushes with their connections to ME oil, it's the Clinton's with their connections according to some to everyone. Ask who are their best buds ask who are Trumps best buds.

Every 2 years America is given a choice, both sides of the same coin.

If I have to read Wikipedia to get my information I'll give up, plenty of verified good sources out there. Wikipedia and wiki leaks just give people the impression they getting information.

• Advertisement

And who do you think are this permanent state you talk about. If you are right it's the Bushes with their connections to ME oil, it's the Clinton's with their connections according to some to everyone. Ask who are their best buds ask who are Trumps best buds.

Every 2 years America is given a choice, both sides of the same coin.

If I have to read Wikipedia to get my information I'll give up, plenty of verified good sources out there. Wikipedia and wiki leaks just give people the impression they getting information.

Who knows what it is, the FBI have referred to the shadow Government in different document releases. I'd imagine those in charge of foreign policies are part of the CIA and other intelligence agencies. This is all off topic somewhat and slightly conspiracy theory tainted so I'll bow out.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/17/fbi-releases-100-new-pages-on-clinton-email-probe.html

Edit: Here's an old ABC news link about operation northwoods.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=92662

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

Who knows what it is, the FBI have referred to the shadow Government in different document releases. I'd imagine those in charge of foreign policies are part of the CIA and other intelligence agencies. This is all off topic somewhat and slightly conspiracy theory tainted so I'll bow out.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/17/fbi-releases-100-new-pages-on-clinton-email-probe.html

There's an old phone recording on YouTube of president Kennedy taking orders from somebody in 1962. There's also witness testimonials from ex - CIA . Why would the president of the US be saying "yes sir" to someone on the other end of the white house oval office phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

I'm really beginning to appreciate the foresight of the founding fathers in deciding the house of representatives should only have a two year term. When I first moved to the US I thought it was far too short, they'd be in a permanent campaign mode. But actually it turns out being in permanent campaign mode means they are never far from the scrutiny of their constituents which is no bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Why would the president of the US be saying "yes sir" to someone on the other end of the white house oval office phone?

Its very common for americans to call their elders "Sir". It is extremely common. Especially back in the early 60's.

I imagine there are quite a few people who JFK would have called "sir".

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Its very common for americans to call their elders "Sir". It is extremely common. Especially back in the early 60's.

I imagine there are quite a few people who JFK would have called "sir".

I agree, but if you think that dribbling Bush made any of his own decisions, no way. He was a puppet.

There's an old phone recording on YouTube of president Kennedy taking orders from somebody in 1962. There's also witness testimonials from ex - CIA . Why would the president of the US be saying "yes sir" to someone on the other end of the white house oval office phone?

Maybe his father?

Maybe his father?

Not a hope, it's like a bold child being scolded. Look for it on YouTube.

Not a hope, it's like a bold child being scolded. Look for it on YouTube.

Do you know what Joseph P. Kennedy was like?

"The story goes that Joe dramatically called Jack in to announce their revised mutual plans. As Jack told a reporter several years later, “It was like being drafted. My father wanted his oldest son in politics. ‘Wanted’ isn't the right word. He demanded it. You know my father.”"

https://www.google.ie/amp/www.vanityfair.com/news/2004/12/kennedy-200412/amp

Do you know what Joseph P. Kennedy was like?

"The story goes that Joe dramatically called Jack in to announce their revised mutual plans. As Jack told a reporter several years later, “It was like being drafted. My father wanted his oldest son in politics. ‘Wanted’ isn't the right word. He demanded it. You know my father.”"

https://www.google.ie/amp/www.vanityfair.com/news/2004/12/kennedy-200412/amp

Maybe you're right, but there's also tapes of Clinton looking for access to area 51 and being told to take a hike. Then he's denied that it existed, then he admitted that it existed but was never there.

Anyway we are going around in circles, the point is that American presidents are controlled by big money. You don't build fleets of aircraft carriers unless you are going to use them. NK is on the axis of evil list from bushes presidency.

Donald Trump is realised that he doesn't have the power.

The reason why I wanted trump to win is because I'm sick to death of terrorism and this liberal crap with men and women pissing and crapping in the same toilet. Also the gender neutrality stuff is pathetic.

Humans are different, there's males and females, both genders require different things. I don't fancy having a dump with the female director of HR next to me in the toilet.

• Advertisement

Trump's useful idiot in the EPA, Pruitt, has had most of the climate change information on their website removed pending a rewrite "to better reflect the approach of the new leadership". I really don't know how Trump supporters will be able to look their grandchildren in the eye in years to come. It's one thing to ignore reality to suit yourself but it's of a different order to ignore your grandchildren's future. Wilful and selfish stupidity.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement