Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President 'The Donald' Trump and Surprising Consequences - Mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Listowel Man

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    Syria is not a failed state. It is at present at war against a bloodthirsty ruthless enemy
    the U.S. and its lapdogs are Syria's enemy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Getting away with what? This Russian garbage and accusations have been going on for a year and there's still no evidence. I hope it all comes out now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

So this is apparently the recommendation from sessions for the firing, the same Sessions who recently recused himself from the investigation. WTF
    https://twitter.com/JasonLeopold/status/862068750215819264?s=09

blackcard wrote: »
    Imagine the fury there would have been from Trump if Obama had fired Coney while he was investigating the Clinton e-mails. But it is ok to fire him when he was investigating Trump links to Russia. Fake News.
    oh yeah and what did the FBI do about her E mails ?

at the end of the day ?

at the end of the day ?

Muh intent.

Comey is nose deep in the swamp

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

Apparently it was discovered today that Comey gave "inaccurate" information to Congress about the Clinton emails. I interpret "inaccurate" to mean he lied?

Would this not normally be a sackable offense?

Muh intent.

makes my skin crawl the way hollywood support hilary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

makes my skin crawl the way hollywood support hilary

And this relates to Trump how? Start a Clinton thread for this nonsense.

Pelvis wrote: »
    Apparently it was discovered today that Comey gave "inaccurate" information to Congress about the Clinton emails. I interpret "inaccurate" to mean he lied?

Would this not normally be a sackable offense?

He also lied under oath about GOP data being leaked during the election.

Guccifer 2.0 ( the supposed Russian hacker ) dumped a tonne of data on them on the dcleaks site.

I can't wait for it to all come out now, what a time to be alive.

My theory, the Russian thing was used as a cover up to hide the spying that went on during the campaign when they realized Trump had chances to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,637 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Getting away with what? This Russian garbage and accusations have been going on for a year and there's still no evidence. I hope it all comes out now
    Hank, you can't seriously be suggesting that a leader who fires a subordinate who has done nothing wrong is not a problem?

The same president who thinks lying to the vp is acceptable? Or his AG lying to congress?

And surely a man so worried about illegals voting is also worried about Russia trying to influence US elections?

• Advertisement

ThisRegard wrote: »
    And this relates to Trump how? Start a Clinton thread for this nonsense.
    they ignore her wrong doing as did comey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I'm actually gobsmacked by this, but I reckon the IC backlash is going to be massive. It's clear the Trump administration is freaked and desperately trying to hide whatever they can, and in this day and age it's not going to work.

at the end of the day ?

Reached a formal conclusion, before or after which Comey who was in charge of the investigations was not fired on recommendation of a clearly administration.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,600 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Let me get this straight.

He was fired today for how he handled the email incident last year, thats the official line. Yet, he was fired today, months later, during the enquiry into the known Russian collusion during the election.

You don't find it at all odd or strange or blatent?

Muh intent.

Like, oil deep or just LGBT rights deep?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,001 ✭✭✭Christy42

This is beyond hilarious (you can only laugh or cry at this point).

Lets just fire someone who was investigating whether or not we did anything wrong.

Obviously he let Hilary away with loads, I mean that entirely tallies up with the fact that there are decent odds he cost Hillary the election (and knowingly put her run in jeopardy whether or not it had an effect).

But hey, Comey is in the swamp. Not Flynn or anyone like that who Trump knew was bad news long before his firing (And was told by multiple sources as such). Or his old campaign director. Or the people that profit from pollution that will have a say into climate change policy instead of actual scientists. :rolleyes:

Billy86 wrote: »
    Like, oil deep or just LGBT rights deep?

Attacking the poster again, what a noble bunch you are.

There's only 2 genders, sorry I don't buy into the non gender binary pronouns fluid stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

I never thought I'd see the day where I'd almost welcome Dubya back, but here we are.

Attacking the poster again, what a noble bunch you are.

There's only 2 genders, sorry I don't buy into the non gender binary pronouns fluid stuff.

Nah, attacking the posts. Attacking the poster would be commenting on you personally and not your actual posts. If gay people are OK to discriminate against I appreciate when posters at least say it consistently in their posts rather than claim one thing before the fact in their posts and another after.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Trump was searching for the last week as to how to justify the sacking.
    He can only come up with Clinton emails.

Who believes this nonsense?

BTW has the President disclosed classified information by saying Comey had told him he was not under investigation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

at the end of the day ?

They looked into the emails and decided there was nothing to answer for.

Gintonious wrote: »
    Let me get this straight.

He was fired today for how he handled the email incident last year, thats the official line. Yet, he was fired today, months later, during the enquiry into the known Russian collusion during the election.

You don't find it at all odd or strange or blatent?

What collusion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

He was fired for providing false information to the Senate where he claimed Weiner's ex wife sent him hundreds of thousands of classified emails.

However the Justice Department and the FBI state he was wrong or "misspoke"
    Testifying about the Clinton email controversy last week, Comey said his agents uncovered 'hundreds of thousands' of emails on the laptop of disgraced ex-Rep. Weiner that Abedin has forwarded her now-estranged husband so he could print them out for her.

Now it appears Comey misspoke.

Gregory A. Brower, the FBI's assistant director in the Office of Congressional Affairs, wrote to the Judiciary Committee Tuesday afternoon to 'clarify' Comey's testimony about Abedin's role in allowing classified material to find its way to her husband's computer.

Most of the 'hundreds and thousands' of emails, Brower wrote, were there as a result of backups of other devices – and not manually sent by Abedin.

Only 'two e-mail chains containing classified information were manually forwarded to Mr. Weiner's account,' he wrote.

Ten additional chains contained classified material – all part of device backups – and 'all twelve' had already been reviewed by the FBI

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4489966/Trump-fires-James-Comey-FBI.html

So I'm afraid it's not the Stalin purge resulting in impeachment​ lads here are no doubt jizzing themselves over.

Nah, attacking the posts. Attacking the poster would be commenting on you personally and not your actual posts. If gay people are OK to discriminate against I appreciate when posters at least say it consistently in their posts rather than claim one thing before the fact in their posts and another after.

That's not how it works and you know it. You bring up someone I said 6 months ago because I'm supporting Trump's decision to fire Comey and it doesn't go along with the usual narrative here. You're not stupid and neither am I so cut the bull.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Trump has it in mind with the last week to fire Comey. That is before his testimony this week.

Cox treatment for Comey.

That's not how it works and you know it. You bring up someone I said 6 months ago because I'm supporting Trump's decision to fire Comey and it doesn't go along with the usual narrative here. You're not stupid and neither am I so cut the bull.
    No, I'm pointing out a history your posts shifting to support whatever Trump does at any given moment, whether in complete opposition to what your previous posts have said otherwise or not. I don't remember you posting about Comey needing to be fired before.

I'm not stupid you're right, I don't think you are, and I don't think most others on here are either, so please stop trying to convince us otherwise. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,600 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

No, I'm pointing out a history your posts shifting to support whatever Trump does at any given moment, whether in complete opposition to what your previous posts have said otherwise or not. I don't remember you posting about Comey needing to be fired before.

I'm not stupid you're right, I don't think you are, and I don't think most others on here are either, so please stop trying to convince us otherwise. Cheers.

Speak for yourself. I just want to see the truth come out about what's been going on. I don't believe Trump colluded with Russia and I believe the past administration along with media ops and the DNC have manipulated public opinion to the point the current administration is almost untenable. Comeys had a year almost to provide evidence and as of yesterday there wasn't any.

Why did the DNC refuse access to the FBI examine their servers? Why was a ( now discredited ) third party used? Why did Trump want Flynn to testify? Why has Trump said in his letter that Comey informed him three times he wasn't under investigation? Why has nothing happened to the Clinton's using the state department as a pay for play scheme? Why was Rand Paul told he was spied on? Why did Susan Rice unmask Trump people? Why did Trump leave Trump tower one day after Mike Rodgers visited him? Why is there no evidence on how Wikileaks got the emails? Why was the bold faced lie that 17 intel agencies confirmed Russia hacked the DNC repeated non stop in the media? These are all questions I want answers to.

The whole thing stinks and with Comey's firing I think we might finally start getting answers.

Gintonious wrote: »

That's interference not collusion. Collusion implies the Trump campaign were actively working with the Russians.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

If trump wanted to get the Russian stuff to go away then firing the FBI director wouldn't be the way to go in my view.

This is going to make it front and centre even more so.

If trump is so convinced there is no ties to Russia, then let comey do the investigation and say at the end that there is no evidence of Russians ties to the trump administration. This from an optics point of view doesn't help IMO.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement