Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President 'The Donald' Trump and Surprising Consequences - Mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

He also lied under oath about GOP data being leaked during the election.

Guccifer 2.0 ( the supposed Russian hacker ) dumped a tonne of data on them on the dcleaks site.

I can't wait for it to all come out now, what a time to be alive.

My theory, the Russian thing was used as a cover up to hide the spying that went on during the campaign when they realized Trump had chances to win.

Your theory is contrarian piffle and nothing more. I wish I could believe in conspiracy theories while all the evidence and endlessly suspicious "coincidences" pointing to the more obvious conclusion mount up, almost daily at this rate.

The operational integrity of the world's most powerful and first true secular demoncracy is being torn apart in front of everyone's eyes and your reaction is "It's a liberal conspiracy, they planted all the evidence that has been coming out every day for the past 3 months straight. It's the only explaination."

How about this for an explaination Hank, Trump is a corrupt person. Is that really so hard to believe? Is it so hard to believe a man who has left a litany of fraud lawsuits in his wake could be....I don't know, a fraud?

Get a grip man. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Gintonious wrote: »

He know this. He just likes to... I mean, he likes spreading... I mean... That's it, he has alternative facts.

He knows what Blitzer asked and he knows what was meant in the response from Feinstein but he'll still pull it out even after being called on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,696 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

I'm amused that Jeff Sessions suddenly decided that he could not trust Jim Comey, felt he had to go now, and advise Don to that effect when the committee was still taking testimony from federal agency staff on what they knew or found in relation to the alleged Russian connections to the Trunp Admin, after he had to recuse himself from the same investigation and consequently not (apparently) have any access to that FBI investigation or ongoing reports on it's progress, esp as AG he was Comey's immediate supervisor in the US Federal Justice system, the FBI being an agency of the DOJ run by the AG.

Listening to the former AG's response to the senate committee yesterday, when she had, as a former federal employee under federal secrecy obligations, to decline to answer questions of the committee and it had accepted that to be a fact without question, makes me wonder if the Admin suddenly woke up to the fact that Jim Comey could safely be fired and he would be obliged to decline answer committee questions under the same federal secrecy obligations.

Re the emails mentioned above, were they the material referred-to by one of the senators in Mondays Q & A sitting to the former AG, ref people with no clearance to receive classified emails?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Speak for yourself.
    What's this in reference to then?
    I just want to see the truth come out about what's been going on.
    Previous posts make it harder for me to believe this one, and I doubt I'm alone on that.
    I don't believe Trump colluded with Russia and I believe the past administration along with media ops and the DNC have manipulated public opinion to the point the current administration is almost untenable. Comeys had a year almost to provide evidence and as of yesterday there wasn't any.
    I don't believe in as many "coincidences" as there have been regarding this case, and I don't believe anyone could try and claim with a straight face that the timing of this firing is not very telling in itself.
    Why did the DNC refuse access to the FBI examine their servers? Why was a ( now discredited ) third party used?
    Wrong investigation.
    Why did Trump want Flynn to testify?
    Trump has a history of lying... a long history... see below.
    Why has Trump said in his letter that Comey informed him three times he wasn't under investigation?
    Case in point.
    The whole thing stinks and with Comey's firing I think we might finally start getting answers.
    And We both know full well who won't want those answers coming out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

He know this. He just likes to... I mean, he likes spreading... I mean... That's it, he has alternative facts.

He knows what Blitzer asked and he knows what was meant in the response from Feinstein but he'll still pull it out even after being called on it.

Since when is interference collusion? Am I missing something?

I know you'd all like to believe it, but there's no evidence.

• Advertisement

Billy86 wrote: »

And We both know full well who won't want those answers coming out.

We'll just have to wait and see so :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    If trump wanted to get the Russian stuff to go away then firing the FBI director wouldn't be the way to go in my view.

This is going to make it front and centre even more so.

If trump is so convinced there is no ties to Russia, then let comey do the investigation and say at the end that there is no evidence of Russians ties to the trump administration. This from an optics point of view doesn't help IMO.

Exactly. The whole firing draws more attention to Russian involvement suspicions, and why would any investigation end just because the head of the organization is fired. Do they scratch every investigation they are currently involved in from today? Obviously not. The objections from the DNC are just ridiculous. I bet they wouldn't have minded him being sacked pre the election.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ozymandius2011

Democrats forget that Bill Clinton also fired the FBI Director.

C_bGP_QXYAAknTb.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭demfad

Desperate stuff by Trump. Sessions fires Comey when sessions recused from Trump Russia because Comey investigating him.
    There is at least two federal grand juries set up relating to Trump Russia.
    Eric Schneiderman will be prosecuting anything and everything Trump in the State of NY with immunity.
    Many western Intel agencies have recordings of the treason which they have given to US Intel.
    Firing Comey now, no matter how badly it looks is better in Trumps eyes than letting him continue the investigation into Trump Russia. It is bad, real bad for Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭demfad

Democrats forget that Bill Clinton also fired the FBI Director.

C_bGP_QXYAAknTb.jpg:large

He was not being investigated for treason by said director.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

demfad wrote: »
    He was not being investigated for treason by said director.

It's like context is a foreign concept to those who will excuse Trump of anything.

Humorous.

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/862102396834598913

McCabe needs to be chucked out too.

Putting it simply, regardless of whatever number of republicans and other voter numbers Don got to become president, he is simply incapable of running the show, let alone keep together a crew with which he could do so. He's thrown so many of them overboard that he's steering the boat onto the rocks of public opinion. He can't even get his own party to believe that he's doing even a half-arsed job as POTUS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ozymandius2011

Comey was already too controversial before Trump took office for handling the HRC investigation with on-again, off-again investigations. A clean slate is needed to clear the air.

I thought he might be in trouble yesterday when it emerged he (probably unintentionally) made erroneous testimony to the Senate by saying hundreds/thousands of classified emails were sent to Weiner, when in fact it was reportedly only a couple.

I dont think Andrew McCabe will last long either given controversies about his wife getting donations from people close to the Clintons for her State Senate campaign years ago. No allegation she did anything wrong, but its controversial.

How cold is that, nobody should go through such humiliation.

"FBI Director James Comey learned of his firing from a television news report, according to CNN and The New York Times.

Comey was in Los Angeles speaking to employees at an FBI field office when he saw the news break that President Trump had ousted him, the reports said.

According to the Times, Comey laughed when he saw the report, believing it to be a prank. Staffers then pulled him aside."

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/332662-comey-learned-he-was-fired-from-tv-reports

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Team Treason are bat-sh1t crazy.

Any gamblers should be lumping on Impeachment.

He won't and can't survive this.

Do you think the deputy attorney general who's a career politician and an Obama appointee is a Trump Stooge and is putting his career, along with Sessions, on the line? It was his recommendation Comey was fired, he was approved some 94-6 in the senate. As of today there's still no evidence of any collusion.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/09/us/politics/comey-fbi-memo-rod-rosenstein.html

"Mr. Rosenstein, who served as the US attorney in Maryland under Presidents George W.Bush and Barack Obama, has a reputation as a by the book nonpartisan prosecutor."

I'll take your bet if you want, if you want to name a price. Was happy to bet on Trump in November :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,535 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

In other news, Russia investigation subpoena's issued: http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/09/politics/grand-jury-fbi-russia/index.html. Firing Comey is a distraction.

What a bizarro world it is in the WH these days. Most POTUS's would be doing their damndest to not show any hint of impropriety. Trump revels in it, exults in the badness.

2018 mid-terms can't come soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,970 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Follow the money, it's allllll in the tax returns.

Trump has factually been linked to 100s of millions of dollars in direct Russian money.

Hank can't explain that away

• Advertisement

Comey was already too controversial before Trump took office for handling the HRC investigation with on-again, off-again investigations. A clean slate is needed to clear the air.

I thought he might be in trouble yesterday when it emerged he (probably unintentionally) made erroneous testimony to the Senate by saying hundreds/thousands of classified emails were sent to Weiner, when in fact it was reportedly only a couple.

I dont think Andrew McCabe will last long either given controversies about his wife getting donations from people close to the Clintons for her State Senate campaign years ago. No allegation she did anything wrong, but its controversial.

Ah yeah, I recall something about donations to some-one for election purposes.

One thing I thought strange was the last question put to Sally yates at the senate hearing on Monday (do you know and have trust in the deputy AG?) seeing as it was him who wrote the memo about Comey being unfit for the FBI job. No one (supposedly) knew of the memo and sacking coming down the line. There was nothing mentioned or raised at the hearing (AFAIK) about the DAG until that final moment after which the hearing closed. That question might have been explained now with Comey's firing.

It's almost funny that the HRC emails came back and were used, in part, to sack Comey, esp the part where he told congress about the change of the investigation from frozen to active and allegedly damaging HRC's election giving it to Don on a plate.

How cold is that, nobody should go through such humiliation.

"FBI Director James Comey learned of his firing from a television news report, according to CNN and The New York Times.

Comey was in Los Angeles speaking to employees at an FBI field office when he saw the news break that President Trump had ousted him, the reports said.

According to the Times, Comey laughed when he saw the report, believing it to be a prank. Staffers then pulled him aside."

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/332662-comey-learned-he-was-fired-from-tv-reports

I know that JC will be covered by whatever federal secrecy oath of office he swore for years to come but am mindful that revenge is a dish best served cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,275 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Igotadose wrote: »
    In other news, Russia investigation subpoena's issued: http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/09/politics/grand-jury-fbi-russia/index.html. Firing Comey is a distraction.

What a bizarro world it is in the WH these days. Most POTUS's would be doing their damndest to not show any hint of impropriety. Trump revels in it, exults in the badness.

2018 mid-terms can't come soon enough.

Subpoenas being issued and Grand Juries being convened and then suddenly the man leading the investigation is fired by the subject of the investigation. Yup nothing to see here.

Trump fans are hilarious with the mental gymnastics they go through to justify every unhinged and blatant Trump action.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Course he will. The GOP will never ditch him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Panrich

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Only two US Presidents have ever been impeached - Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton - and in both cases a President of one party was impeached by a House of Representatives which contained a majority of the other party. A third president, Nixon, resigned to avoid impeachment by a House which, again, had a majority of the other party. No president has ever been impeached, or been in danger of being impeached, by a House with a majority of his own party.

The likelihood of Trump being impeached is tiny. Both houses have a Republican majority. Furthermore, members of both houses can reasonably say that Trump's lack of character, qualifications, experience. competence and basic understanding of the office were completely apparent, and indeed widely noted, during the election campaign, and that it would be undemocratic to impeach him for manifesting traits to which the voters evidently do not object.

I don't see Trump being impeached unless he is unambiguously shown to have committed a serious crime while in office, or to have done something else which (a) is universally regarded as appalling, and (b) could not reasonably have been foreseen at the time of the election. Given how low expectations of Trump must be, it's hard to see how that threshold can be overcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Really Interested

Do you think the deputy attorney general who's a career politician and an Obama appointee is a Trump Stooge and is putting his career, along with Sessions, on the line? It was his recommendation Comey was fired, he was approved some 94-6 in the senate. As of today there's still no evidence of any collusion.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/09/us/politics/comey-fbi-memo-rod-rosenstein.html

"Mr. Rosenstein, who served as the US attorney in Maryland under Presidents George W.Bush and Barack Obama, has a reputation as a by the book nonpartisan prosecutor."

I'll take your bet if you want, if you want to name a price. Was happy to bet on Trump in November :p

I also bet money on Trump last year, took my winnings and after election put my money on impeachment. I don't like Trump, and by looking at history alone am sure it will not end well for America.

You and I can be as sure as we want, but only time will tell. Either he will be guilty or not, the difference is I will accept a verdict of not guilty and wish Trump and the USA well, you on the other hand will claim it is all a scam if he is in the wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Really Interested

Peregrinus wrote: »
    Only two US Presidents have ever been impeached - Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton - and in both cases a President of one party was impeached by a House of Representatives which contained a majority of the other party. A third president, Nixon, resigned to avoid impeachment by a House which, again, had a majority of the other party. No president has ever been impeached, or been in danger of being impeached, by a House with a majority of his own party.

The likelihood of Trump being impeached is tiny. Both houses have a Republican majority. Furthermore, members of both houses can reasonably say that Trump's lack of character, qualifications, experience. competence and basic understanding of the office were completely apparent, and indeed widely noted, during the election campaign, and that it would be undemocratic to impeach him for manifesting traits to which the voters evidently do not object.

I don't see Trump being impeached unless he is unambiguously shown to have committed a serious crime while in office, or to have done something else which (a) is universally regarded as appalling, and (b) could not reasonably have been foreseen at the time of the election. Given how low expectations of Trump must be, it's hard to see how that threshold can be overcome.

You forget 2018!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,637 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

But Comey can't really say anything. Yates had to withhold plenty of information due to the public nature of her hearing and IMO that was one of the tipping points for Comey. Trumps team suddenly realised that they could get rid of Comey and not worry about blow back as he is very limited in what he can say.

IMO, Comey was a stooge, played by either the GOP or Trump or both and he has now passed his usefulness as he started to actually dig into things they rather he didn't.

I hope Comey, who stated that he felt nauseous when making the decision to reopen HC email so close to the election, sees that he has been played and he deserves no sympathy. He allowed himself to be compromised for political gain in deference to the rules that were in place exactly to avoid that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement