Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President 'The Donald' Trump and Surprising Consequences - Mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭SeamusFX

Amerika wrote: »
    My side got the presidency, kept control of the Senate and the House. Plus Republicans now dominate state governments, with 32 legislatures and 33 governors. That kinda makes my side the ‘Winner.’

Are you really proud of that? If you are, you are truly Un-American!!!!!!

We now have the worst president ever, and we've had some pretty bad ones like George W Bush and Nixon, but Trump makes them look like Saints! Trump is a habitual liar, who will say anything to get his way and never cared about America or anyone except his own self interests and now he's beholden to Russia. If you want an un-America president, you can't do any worse than Trump. I'm not rooting for him to fail, but i just know he will and we have uninformed, un-American morons like you to thank!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

recedite wrote: »
    If you think Rubio "won" that exchange, you probably haven't gone beyond the fake news reports about Aleppo.
    Check out the thread about it. Educate yourself, if you dare.

lol you think I'm actually scared of being proven wrong? If I were, I'd avoid this thread and anyone who disagreed with my political beliefs. I also don't need to read a 19 page thread to confirm my belief that Putin is a war criminal and an absolute snake.

I also said nothing about Rubio 'winning' anything, merely that he had the balls to stand up to that coward and call Putin exactly what he is. Rex Tillerson can show up in a fancy suit but he'll still reek of the dirty, filthy oil baron he is.

SeamusFX wrote: »

We now have the worst president ever, and we've had some pretty bad ones like George W Bush and Nixon, but Trump makes them look like Saints! Trump is a habitual liar, who will say anything to get his way and never cared about America or anyone except his own self interests and now he's beholden to Russia. If you want an un-America president, you can't do any worse than Trump. I'm not rooting for him to fail, but i just know he will and we have uninformed, un-American morons like you to thank!!!!!!!!!

I don't disagree with your point, but adding in lots of exclamation marks adds nothing to your argument. In fact, it's part of the same style of writing as 'ALL-CAPS' which is something even Trump does, so you're no better than him in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

This shower controversy is a golden egg. Trumps presidency is the gift that keeps on giving. I foresee more entertainment from him over the next few years than watching the Simpsons.

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    The Democrats should have their own internal audit on the hacking scandal as it dogged their campaign from beginning to end. Hillary was accused of series mishandling of state secrets and yet no-one on the Democrat side is proposing a root and branch investigation of the computers used in the Democratic party and whether or not any hacker infiltrated the network.

<snip - no personal insults>, So you are saying you are OK that Russia hacked the election and influenced our Democracy and all the fault is on the Democrats? So, you don't care that Stupid people like you have elected the worst president ever, who will not help the country or anyone but himself and he's in bed with the Russians to boot? Thanks to idiots like you, we are now stuck with a Russian puppet as president!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

Bit premature to call him the worst president ever when he hasn't even been inaugurated yet.

I don't disagree with your point, but adding in lots of exclamation marks adds nothing to your argument. In fact, it's part of the same style of writing as 'ALL-CAPS' which is something even Trump does, so you're no better than him in that regard.

I'm sorry, but there's a BIG Difference!! Trump LIES and adds exclamation marks! Yes, I'm adding exclamation marks because it is so unbelievable we have people in America who are SO STUPID to not only have voted for Trump, but they are still in total denial of his lies and connections with Putin! It just so sad!!!

Ronaldinho wrote: »
    Bit premature to call him the worst president ever when he hasn't even been inaugurated yet.

Yes, let's hope by some miracle he isn't inaugurated, that's the only way he can avoid being the worst president ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 83,002 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

My side got the presidency, kept control of the Senate and the House. Plus Republicans now dominate state governments, with 32 legislatures and 33 governors. That kinda makes my side the ‘Winner.’

Sports section is over there ->

It makes great theater between 11/8 and 1/20 but I'm left to sit back and begin musing how it will all fall apart in the first 100 days. The narrative shift so far has already been surreal:

we went from building a great big wall coast to coast that Mexico will write us a cheque for, to we're going to build more fences in some more places and Mexico will maybe pay us back in some non monetary way;

Went from "Lock her up!" to "Yeah that sounded great during the campaign folks but come on";

Went from "Drain the Swamp" to - well, that speaks for itself.

I mean, I hardly see how it's winning when you don't really understand what you've "won" yet. National debt up to $30 Trillion? New international conflicts? Declarations of war? A new missile crisis? From what I can see he's building a great, big, beautiful bubble to make people feel good now, that will totally screw us all later. Taking a sledgehammer to healthcare without fixing it, and ignoring education, are going to erode anything else he tries to do. What good is a factory without healthy and able people to work it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

KingBrainless, So you are saying you are OK that Russia hacked the election and influenced our Democracy and all the fault is on the Democrats? So, you don't care that Stupid people like you have elected the worst president ever, who will not help the country or anyone but himself and he's in bed with the Russians to boot? Thanks to idiots like you, we are now stuck with a Russian puppet as president!

In case you had not known SeamusFX this is an Irish forum and what i am saying is that the Dems should be concentrating on the deep corruption in their party before souring relations with a foreign gvt. The Dems got some nerve calling Putin a war criminal.

• Advertisement

I'm sorry, but there's a BIG Difference!! Trump LIES and adds exclamation marks! Yes, I'm adding exclamation marks because it is so unbelievable we have people in America who are SO STUPID to not only have voted for Trump, but they are still in total denial of his lies and connections with Putin! It just so sad!!!

No there's not. You're writing in the exact same way he writes on twitter and it makes your argument look cheap imo.

Also, one thing I've realised in my, not so many, years on this planet is that insulting people is an ineffective way of making them change their opinions to agree with yours; in fact it usually drives them further away and confirms their biases of the people they disagree with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭BabyCheeses

Fake news is fake news, no matter how you try to colour it.

Don't see how causing a recession is winning. Unless somehow this time is different but so far it doesn't look like it.

Overheal wrote: »
    Sports section is over there ->

It makes great theater between 11/8 and 1/20 but I'm left to sit back and begin musing how it will all fall apart in the first 100 days. The narrative shift so far has already been surreal:

we went from building a great big wall coast to coast that Mexico will write us a cheque for, to we're going to build more fences in some more places and Mexico will maybe pay us back in some non monetary way;

Went from "Lock her up!" to "Yeah that sounded great during the campaign folks but come on";

Went from "Drain the Swamp" to - well, that speaks for itself.

I mean, I hardly see how it's winning when you don't really understand what you've "won" yet. National debt up to $30 Trillion? New international conflicts? Declarations of war? A new missile crisis? From what I can see he's building a great, big, beautiful bubble to make people feel good now, that will totally screw us all later. Taking a sledgehammer to healthcare without fixing it, and ignoring education, are going to erode anything else he tries to do. What good is a factory without healthy and able people to work it.

Amerika's instant reaction to proving how they're the 'winners' confirms the argument that, to most republicans, party does indeed come before country.

True, and I mean its not as if the party is a Bloc, its members are decided by voters in the states. You can't just "fire" Lindsay Graham, or McCain, for example. Same of other senators and reps. They may affiliate with the party but don't just tow the party line. At the very least you can consider that on most key division issues you won't always get straight-up/down the line voting results. They'll try, and the RNC probably uses all sorts of whips/carrots but it won't always be 100% effective.

insulting people is an ineffective way of making them change their opinions to agree with yours

You are right about that, but I've been nice to these idiots all along and I'm tired of it. Maybe before the election I shouldn't have been so nice and I should have told my stupid friends and relatives that were supporting Trump, just have gullible and stupid they were for believing Trump really wants to make America great. Now the reality of a Trump presidency is too upsetting and I must call a spade a spade! I also have to thank the Catholic Church and all the sheep who voted for Trump because of their anti-abortion stance and other reasons, that could pale in comparison to the Evil and trouble a Trump presidency could unleash. So I have a moral obligation to call all these people who voted for this monster Trump Stupid!!!

I'm sorry, but this is serious and Trump is unfit to be a crossing guard, let alone President of the US. I said before, the GOP couldn't have found a worse candidate other than the possibility of Charles Manson and now I want to take that statement back and I'd welcome Charlie over Trump!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

You are right about that, but I've been nice to these idiots all along and I'm tired of it. Maybe before the election I shouldn't have been so nice and I should have told my stupid friends and relatives that were supporting Trump, just have gullible and stupid they were for believing Trump really wants to make America great. Now the reality of a Trump presidency is too upsetting and I must call a spade a spade! I also have to thank the Catholic Church and all the sheep who voted for Trump because of their anti-abortion stance and other reasons, that could pale in comparison to the Evil and trouble a Trump presidency could unleash. So I have a moral obligation to call all these people who voted for this monster Trump Stupid!!!

Firstly, I think you need to relax. Politics can be a tense subject but getting angry does nobody any good.

Secondly, you can argue with people and call out their bs, without getting in a heap over it and thinking they're stupid. There's plenty of sensible people who like Trump and while it might be easy to think it's because they're dumb, they're not; they've just been sold a pack of lies imo.

There's so many people I respect and admire who have different political beliefs to mine. Just because someone doesn't vote the way I like, doesn't change my opinion of them.

Also, your 'catholic church' argument is rubbish. The church has little influence in the US -most pro-lifers are evangelicals who are not catholic at all- and Pope Francis never endorsed Trump at all.

Inquitus wrote: »
    Hmmm

This is just incredible. I hope to god some madman just says screw it and leaks the tapes.

Can someone catch me up is the report about Russia trying to influence Trump and the report about prostitutes in urine part of the same document

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Skiddylicker

Quite enjoyable to see the liberals in the thread clutch onto anything at all.

How come no one has mentioned the tweet CNN put up earlier and then deleted because it was fake news.

People really seem to be clutching at straws to have a go at Trump. He won, get over it. Now let's see how he does in the next 4 years and judge him by that.

One good thing about this election is that it has shown main stream media to be complete shills and full of horse crap. That's not too say every article ever is BS but a lot of it is. So when an agency that spent 2 years attacking Trump and then releasing fake news about him gets upset when he puts them down is laughable.

I think the world is hitting a turning point, will be interesting to see how information is spread and digested over the next few years.

• Advertisement

How come no one has mentioned the tweet CNN put up earlier and then deleted because it was fake news.

People really seem to be clutching at straws to have a go at Trump. He won, get over it. Now let's see how he does in the next 4 years and judge him by that.

One good thing about this election is that it has shown main stream media to be complete shills and full of horse crap. That's not too say every article ever is BS but a lot of it is. So when an agency that spent 2 years attacking Trump and then releasing fake news about him gets upset when he puts them down is laughable.

I think the world is hitting a turning point, will be interesting to see how information is spread and digested over the next few years.

Trump is no saint and all his former indiscretions will come home to roost at some point that's why you can only get 4/1 on him to be impeached. Wait and see, and the only person benefiting off of fake news has been Trump and the likes of Briebart and co who propagate lies and fake news.

His press conference today was a debacle, it demonstrates he has no clue what he is doing, he takes credit for creating jobs that were created under Obama's administration most of them set in motion back in 2015 - Fiat, Ford, Masa etc.

The only jobs he actually saved 50% of were the ones he paid off Carrier in Indianapolis for with Pence's help. Narcissistic Personality Disorder........

Trump is no saint and all his former indiscretions will come home to roost at some point that's why you can only get 4/1 on him to be impeached. Wait and see, and the only person benefiting off of fake news has been Trump and the likes of Briebart and co who propagate lies and fake news.

His press conference today was a debacle, it demonstrates he has no clue what he is doing, he takes credit for creating jobs that were created under Obama's administration most of them set in motion back in 2015 - Fiat, Ford, Masa etc.

The only jobs he actually saved 50% of were the ones he paid off Carrier in Indianapolis for with Pence's help. Narcissistic Personality Disorder........

Judging Politics by bookies odds is not a great way to make a point.
    Paddypower paid out on Hilary early, look how that worked out for them.

I find Breitbart to be as bad as CNN and Occupy Democrats. The left do peddle the same fake as the right. No one can deny that. Basing ones information of one news source and attributing all knowledge to them is a bad idea too.

If I were you I would crack open a beer and just watch this play out. I didn't find the conference a disaster and quite frankly it was nice to see him tell CNN to go f themselves.
    If Hilary had won and rejected the Breitbart question the left would be praising her for standing up to them.... See it's the same on both sides.

Both benefited from Fake news. Trump tapped into the conspiracy guys though. Thinking back on it, his appearance on an Infowars podcast during his campaign was a smart move. People seen that and at the same time seen Hilary eating caviar and John Podesta throwing shade to Wikeleaks about food and living conditions.

Most saddening though about the election was people were paying to much attention to who leaked information rather what the information contained it self. I trust the Wikileaks cable on the Democrats because the messages were digitally verified by using hashes, digital certs etc...

I noticed The Guardian still hasn't amended the false claim about Trumps fellow being in Prague... More fake news.

Seriously, put the feet up and watch the show. We are heading to uncharted waters which can be daunting, but at least it seems there will be an end to PC culture soon.

Another thing I think which helped was people didn't give a rats about celebrities opinions.Meryls speech the other night just adds to the contempt. I remember reading comments online saying that there was no way Trump could win cause Hilary had so many people at that Beyonce concert and that was an indication to the support for her and that Trump was screwed having only Ted Nugent in his musical catalogue.
    I am not a fan of Beyonce at all but if she was playing down the road for free in order to support the leader of Eirigi , I would still pop down and see it for some entertainment. Not for Politics.

Trump has produced no evidence his guy was not in Prague.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

If anything the mainstream media have been very restrained over this. They've known about this for months, attempted to verify (as much as possible in the shady world of espionage), studied it and found discrepancies in the material and decided to hold back. Imagine if this was a dossier on Clinton (and yes, I'm sure one exists) and the likes of Breitbart got hold of it, the ink wouldn't be dry on the pages before they released it.

Are 4chan still claiming this was them all along?

Firstly, I think you need to relax. Politics can be a tense subject but getting angry does nobody any good.

Secondly, you can argue with people and call out their bs, without getting in a heap over it and thinking they're stupid. There's plenty of sensible people who like Trump and while it might be easy to think it's because they're dumb, they're not; they've just been sold a pack of lies imo.

There's so many people I respect and admire who have different political beliefs to mine. Just because someone doesn't vote the way I like, doesn't change my opinion of them.

Also, your 'catholic church' argument is rubbish. The church has little influence in the US -most pro-lifers are evangelicals who are not catholic at all- and Pope Francis never endorsed Trump at all.

Don't kid yourself, the Catholic Bishops in America sent letters to most churches in America requesting the parish priests to read their propaganda letters a week prior to the election preaching about the right to life and voting with your conscience. They may not have won over as many votes as the evangelicals, but it probably could have been enough to have made a difference in a few very close battleground states.

I had some friends and relatives who voted for Trump, and other than one anti-abortion devout Catholic and one racist, the others are all of low intelligence, I'm sorry, but the truth hurts.

Someone said to me, the Trump supporters were fooled by a master conman, but Trump isn't a master conman, he is so bloody obvious, I have to seriously doubt the intelligence of anyone who is dumb enough to be fooled by this obvious flimflam man. It's like losing 3 card monte to a one armed, blind, deaf and dumb idiot, anyone fooled by this man, has to be an idiot, I'm sorry!

I'm not clutching to anything but clear evidence produced by reputable sources. Trump and his supporters are however clutching to...'4chan did it', 'fake news', 'CNN I'm not allowing you to ask me a question, cause you're just fake news, go ahead Breitbart'.- Last one's my personal favourite lol.

What tweet? At least post a screenshot.

Yeah he won, and I'm judging him. What's your problem?

That agency is far from the most reliable imo, but when he chooses Breitbart over them, it says it all really. Also no evidence has disputed their reports, so calling it 'fake news' is a 'fake' statement in and of itself.

Knowing this authoritarian, it won't be long before he bans news outlets who report on stories unfavourable to him. I don't care if you disagree with / dislike / don't believe what people report about you, but at least have some balls and argue your point; don't just cower away like a pussy and stop them questioning you. Then again, we're talking about the world's most famous man-child so that's quite a challenge.

I'm not clutching to anything but clear evidence produced by reputable sources. Trump and his supporters are however clutching to...'4chan did it', 'fake news', 'CNN I'm not allowing you to ask me a question, cause you're just fake news, go ahead Breitbart'.- Last one's my personal favourite lol.
    I just woke up so maybe things have changed. Is there clear evidence now apart from that report released in full by buzzfeed?

What tweet? At least post a screenshot.

Yeah he won, and I'm judging him. What's your problem?

That agency is far from the most reliable imo, but when he chooses Breitbart over them, it says it all really. Also no evidence has disputed their reports, so calling it 'fake news' is a 'fake' statement in and of itself.

Knowing this authoritarian, it won't be long before he bans news outlets who report on stories unfavourable to him. I don't care if you disagree with / dislike / don't believe what people report about you, but at least have some balls and argue your point; don't just cower away like a pussy and stop them questioning you. Then again, we're talking about the world's most famous man-child so that's quite a challenge.

Glenn Greenwald has claimed on his twitter that the FBI has verified he has no flight or immigration records relating to being in Prague. That at least offers the story of him being in Prague a lot more repudiation then what you say is true.
    That's a left leaning journalist offering some merit of claim to it. Rather than unverified claims which you claim have evidence to them even though they haven't actually been able to prove what they say. There's a difference between conclusions and fact.
    There are also a lot of Trump supporters who don't believe it was 4chan but they also are skeptical of reports about him by left leaning news institution that made no secret of their dislike for Trump and had spread a lot of disinformation about him during his campaign. Again, shoe on the other foot, if it was Hilary who won and Fox leaked some unverified report it would be held to the highest scrutiny by the media and completely shut down and they would belittle anyone for believing it. And people on the left would be skeptical too because it comes from an organization on the other side that has their dislike of Hilary.

I don't think he will ban media outlets and I would strongly condemn that act if he did, however I think he will have no problem telling them to sod off now and again when they launch these sorts of attacks the day before against him. There's this odd sense of entitlement in certain media outlets where you can absolutely slate someone and launch constant barrage attacks of stories with with false or yet to be verified claims which hold little to none merit and then you expect the person you are slating to be nice as pie to you when you want more info out of them which will more than likely be misconstrued to paint said person in a bad light.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭AnGaelach

I'm sorry, but this is serious and Trump is unfit to be a crossing guard, let alone President of the US. I said before, the GOP couldn't have found a worse candidate other than the possibility of Charles Manson and now I want to take that statement back and I'd welcome Charlie over Trump!!

Yep that's totally going to change their minds and not just end with them thinking you're a condescending asshole:rolleyes:

Do you think the media, Clinton and everyone else telling them they're stupid and deplorable had not effect but you calling them it would change their vote?

• Advertisement

Trump has produced no evidence his guy was not in Prague.

You clearly don't understand who has the burden of proof here.

And you seem to be forgetting that people can go to cities for lots of reasons so even if he was there, it's irrelevant.

But Hillary-haters with their evidence all along are the stupid ones.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement