Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President 'The Donald' Trump and Surprising Consequences - Mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Water John wrote: »
    The way he did it was offensive and the work of a coward.
    Henry V111 went hunting on the day of his wives executions.

Yes, he didn't just fire Comey he tried to humiliate him too by implying the FBI was in termoil with low morale and badly run, etc.
    Completely unnecessary and no doubt earning himself the hatred of the FBI.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

B0jangles wrote: »
    Isn't "Morning Joe" reported to be on Trump's regular TV news rotation? If so, then he may be in a bit of a temper if he believes what the hosts said this morning about Kellyanne Conway:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBGLzmEhGw0

I know it's a bit 'fluffy' for Politics, but given how much Trump requires his staff to be totally loyal to and uncritical of him, this could trigger even more turbulence in the White House.

BBC News 100 days plus (essential viewing imo) are suggesting a clear out of White House staff is rumoured..
    Wouldn't be surprised to see Kellyanne and Sean Spicer taking the fall..

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

InTheTrees wrote: »
    The way he did it was offensive and the work of a coward.
    Henry V111 went hunting on the day of his wives executions.

Yes, he didn't just fire Comey he tried to humiliate him too by implying the FBI was in termoil with low morale and badly run, etc.
    Completely unnecessary and no doubt earning himself the hatred of the FBI.

It was unnecessary but that's trumps MO though ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,966 ✭✭✭✭listermint

UsedToWait wrote: »
    BBC News 100 days plus (essential viewing imo) are suggesting a clear out of White House staff is rumoured..
    Wouldn't be surprised to see Kellyanne and Sean Spicer taking the fall..

Trump does not share the limelight well. In fact he despises sharing the limelight at all.

His attacks on Arnie in his role on the apprentice.

Kelly Anne now effectively disappeared when previously she was front and centre

Bannon gone as soon as the media put him behind all the decisions.

Spicer is next.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Trump revealed highly classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador
    http://wapo.st/2pPSCIo

Along with the scandal of inviting the Russians to the white house the day after he fires comey, he then goes along just mouthing off some very classified information to the Russians. Other security people in the room had to step in to tell him shut up.

The sooner this F**king idiot get locked up the better. He's like a five year old that is listening into a conversation your are having with your missues giving out about the neighbour and then you walk outside meet the neighbour and your kid says " daddy says you are a last bastard"

The IC community have to be withholding information from him. He is an absolute disgrace.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Eco, that's behind a wall for me.
    Any chance of a key paragraph.
    God, nothing surprises me. Absolute gomme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Weird, no wall for me (and there usually is for WaPo)
    President Trump revealed highly classified information to the Russian foreign minister and ambassador in a White House meeting last week, according to current and former U.S. officials, who said that Trump’s disclosures jeopardized a critical source of intelligence on the Islamic State.

The information Trump relayed had been provided by a U.S. partner through an intelligence-sharing arrangement considered so sensitive that details have been withheld from allies and tightly restricted even within the U.S. government, officials said.

The partner had not given the United States permission to share the material with Russia, and officials said that Trump’s decision to do so risks cooperation from an ally that has access to the inner workings of the Islamic State. After Trump’s meeting, senior White House officials took steps to contain the damage, placing calls to the CIA and National Security Agency.

“This is code-word information,” said a U.S. official familiar with the matter, using terminology that refers to one of the highest classification levels used by American spy agencies. Trump “revealed more information to the Russian ambassador than we have shared with our own allies.”

The revelation comes as Trump faces rising legal and political pressure on multiple Russia-related fronts. Last week, he fired FBI Director James B. Comey in the midst of a bureau investigation into links between the Trump campaign and Moscow. Trump’s subsequent admission that his decision was driven by “this Russia thing” was seen by critics as attempted obstruction of justice.

One day after dismissing Comey, Trump welcomed Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and Ambassador Sergey Kislyak — a key figure in earlier Russia controversies — into the Oval Office. It was during that meeting, officials said, that Trump went off script and began describing details about an Islamic State terrorist threat related to the use of laptop computers on aircraft.

For most anyone in government discussing such matters with an adversary would be illegal. As president, Trump has broad authority to declassify government secrets, making it unlikely that his disclosures broke the law.

“The president and the foreign minister reviewed common threats from terrorist organizations to include threats to aviation,” said H.R. McMaster, the national security adviser, who participated in the meeting. “At no time were any intelligence sources or methods discussed and no military operations were disclosed that were not already known publicly.”

The CIA declined to comment and the National Security Agency did not respond to requests for comment.

But officials expressed concern with Trump’s handling of sensitive information as well as his grasp of the potential consequences. Exposure of an intelligence stream that has provided critical insight into the Islamic State, they said, could hinder the United States’ and its allies’ ability to detect future threats.

“It is all kind of shocking,” said a former senior U.S. official close to current administration officials. “Trump seems to be very reckless, and doesn’t grasp the gravity of the things he’s dealing with, especially when it comes to intelligence and national security. And it’s all clouded because of this problem he has with Russia.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Eco, that's behind a wall for me.
    Any chance of a key paragraph.
    God, nothing surprises me. Absolute gomme.

He revealed a specific city in the Islamic State that a partner of the US gave intelligence on a specific operation in the city, thereby jeopardising the lives and safety of the sources.

It gets worse - The Trump Administration had to beg the Washington Post not to post the name of the city and the information that Trump disclosed to Lavrov.

Anybody who took 6/1 odds or even 2/1 odds on Impeachment should be sitting up tonight because this will have a serious impact and I expect Impeachment talk will escalate.

Conservative tv host Joe Scarborough said he's been told that people high up in Government believe "Trump is not well (mentally) and deteriorating".

• Registered Users Posts: 22,423 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

listermint wrote: »
    Trump does not share the limelight well. In fact he despises sharing the limelight at all.

His attacks on Arnie in his role on the apprentice.

Kelly Anne now effectively disappeared when previously she was front and centre

Bannon gone as soon as the media put him behind all the decisions.

Spicer is next.
    spicer is amongst the bushes already. He's not lasting much longer. The deputy press secretary is already tainted. Being a PR representative for Trump is an un-doable job. It's like trying to tidy up after a hyperactive 3 year old carrying a box of lego

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Good analysis by someone on Twitter:

"Either Trump is a few fries short of a Happy Meal or he just committed treason. Both disqualify him from being President".

• Advertisement

Worked in business with someone who similarily lacked that vital filter.
    Drove me mental.
    It's worse for those around him. That fool doesn't even know or realise the consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,423 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Worked in business with someone who similarily lacked that vital filter.
    Drove me mental.
    It's worse for those around him. that fool doesn't even know or realise the consequences.

David Brent as POTUS.. Someone get Gervais on the phone!
    Would have been too far fetched this time last year

Get Ottis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Kitsunegari

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    Trump revealed highly classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador
    http://wapo.st/2pPSCIo

Along with the scandal of inviting the Russians to the white house the day after he fires comey, he then goes along just mouthing off some very classified information to the Russians. Other security people in the room had to step in to tell him shut up.

The sooner this F**king idiot get locked up the better. He's like a five year old that is listening into a conversation your are having with your missues giving out about the neighbour and then you walk outside meet the neighbour and your kid says " daddy says you are a last bastard"

The IC community have to be withholding information from him. He is an absolute disgrace.

I'm not sure why exactly you're suggesting that inviting Russia to the White House is some form of a mistake. Surely engaging with Russia is better than attempting to isolate them again and have another angry nuclear power close to Europe.

Putin has proven that he will do whatever he wishes but isolating him only makes him more cunning. Surely engaging with Russia and offering economic incentives for Putin to change his policies is better than sanctions and isolation that stems from the previous administration.

Detente has proven to be a better political policy than isolation. Surely some form of engagement and normalising of relations is better than the current situation? The US is a massive hypocrisy as far as their foreign policy is concerned. Trump says he won't be an interventionist but he's already bombed Assad based on suspect information and he's trying to play strongman with Kim in North Korea. If you read his book the Art of the Deal it's a great insight into the mans ego. Trump is charlatan who can easily prey on the dissent but we have no idea what his foreign policy is. This election cycle has just proven what an embarrassment the biggest democracy in the World is. The world is laughing at them and still nothing is changing internally.

His passing of security information is just another to his long list of blunders to date.

I'm not sure why exactly you're suggesting that inviting Russia to the White House is some form of a mistake. Surely engaging with Russia is better than attempting to isolate them again and have another angry nuclear power close to Europe.

Putin has proven that he will do whatever he wishes but isolating him only makes him more cunning. Surely engaging with Russia and offering economic incentives for Putin to change his policies is better than sanctions and isolation that stems from the previous administration.

So you reckon giving Putin incentives to be a good boy is the way forward. It's hard to argue with that point of view.......

It's not just one item on a long list.
    That is normalising it. That cannot be allowed happen in relation to Intelligent sources, putting them at risk.

Now on Wolf on CNN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I never knew classified information = economic incentive. What a quaint little idea.

Senators on all sides don't think it's normal.
    Major misstep by Trump.

It's not just one item on a long list.
    That is normalising it. That cannot be allowed happen in relation to Intelligent sources, putting them at risk.

Now on Wolf on CNN.

Yeah just watching could be serious stuff the comrade trumpski

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Kitsunegari

Billy86 wrote: »
    I never knew classified information = economic incentive. What a quaint little idea.

You're just being a strawman. Why would you even bother just making that up? Nobody said that. My post was referring to meeting the Russians in general, not passing on confidential information.

• Advertisement

You're just being a strawman. Why would you even bother just making that up? Nobody said that. My post was referring to meeting the Russians in general, not passing on confidential information.

Because he sacked the director of the FBI who was investigating russian Interference,now is not the time.

I suspect you know this.

Wolf just dropped a tweet from Paul Ryan from last year

"If you are careless with secret information then you shouldn't have access to secret information"

Walk that one back......

Watching the fox coverage the laughable defense of him by the host is brilliant

The guests are killing him though.

The host is just terrible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

I'll probably be pounced upon but hey ho...been reading this echo chamber for a few weeks now,one thing I can't get my head around is why are the Russians the enemy?...
    Surely it makes more sense for the US to have closer ties and more co-operation with Russia rather than them being antagonistic enemies...
    I'm only a layman but just confused about Russia being the enemy of the US especially when it's accepted that Isis are the common enemy.
    Working together would seem,to me anyway,a better solution for all involved.

gitzy16v wrote: »
    I'll probably be pounced upon but hey ho...been reading this echo chamber for a few weeks now,one thing I can't get my head around is why are the Russians the enemy?...
    Surely it makes more sense for the US to have closer ties and more co-operation with Russia rather than them being antagonistic enemies...
    I'm only a layman but just confused about Russia being the enemy of the US especially when it's accepted that Isis are the common enemy.
    Working together would seem,to me anyway,a better solution for all involved.

The Russians are actively engaged in destruction of the European relationship.

Contrary to what you've read on RT the Russians have been engaged in online war games putting stubtle but continued and maintained anti Kiev messaging in East Russia resulting it destabilising and then funding a civil war.

Russia is not acting friendly and has no been for the past decade

Why you think this is okay is... Well beyond me

The Russians are actively engaged in destruction of the European relationship.

The EU doing that by itself IMO

Contrary to what you've read on RT the Russians have been engaged in online war games putting stubtle but continued and maintained anti Kiev messaging in East Russia resulting it destabilising and then funding a civil war.

I don't watch RT...Plus what you've stated is open to interpretation.

Russia is not acting friendly and has no been for the past decade

What have Russia done that's unfriendly to the west....I'd argue Islamic extremism has been much more damaging than Russia.

Why you think this is okay is... Well beyond me

Again I gave an opinion not a solid stance but typical of this thread a poster is ridiculed for daring to have a slightly different view.

Sorry I replied in your quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Watching the fox coverage the laughable defense of him by the host is brilliant

Which host is it ?

• Advertisement

gitzy16v wrote: »
    Again I gave an opinion not a solid stance but typical of this thread a poster is ridiculed for daring to have a slightly different view.

Ridiculed.?

Where?

You were given a response I'd appreciate you give a reply to it rather than making up stories about how you were ridiculed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement