Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President 'The Donald' Trump and Surprising Consequences - Mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

This has been doing the rounds on Breitbart and The_Donald all morning. It was only a matter of time that it showed up in a Hillary Clinton thread.

In any case, as to your point, are you trying to suggest that the Russians had him killed to cover their tracks or something?

It broke on Fox news late last night actually.

So your theory is, if true he was the leaker, he was a Russian agent and needed to be taken out?

Couldn't make it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

That doesn't mean that they need to sit there and take it when it happens to them.

No, but the holier than thou attitude when it comes to Russia is hypocrisy.

They all sleep in the same bed and have been meddling in each others affairs for many decades.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

RobertKK wrote: »
    Sometimes there is not much difference between them.

Putin has been in power for 17 years.

At least trump will be gone in three and a half. Hopefully less.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,636 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

RobertKK wrote: »
    No, but the holier than thou attitude when it comes to Russia is hypocrisy.

They all sleep in the same bed and have been meddling in each others affairs for many decades.

So, what, Trump was actually doing this because it was a good thing?

To rebalance the relationship or something?

Even Trump has said he has a right to do this, only a few hours after HR MCMaster trying to state that it didn't happen (in the non-denial way).

We also have posters blaming it on liberals, the MSM.

Its a wonder any of you can get anything done because everything you ever think about gets wrapped up into everything else. It seems that nothing should ever be done because something else, sometime.

On the latest derail tactic, driven by Fox News etc about this DNC worker. What does that prove? Some guy comes out and says this DNC worker passed on e-mails to wikileaks. Ok. Does that prove Russia weren't involved or that Trump did not collude with Russia to help spread the information?

No. Have you any evidence of the reason he did it. Did he decide to do this off his own bat?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

So your theory is, if true he was the leaker, he was a Russian agent and needed to be taken out?

Couldn't make it up.

I'm not saying that at all. Besides this story being a "But Hillary" talking point, the PI has just claimed that the guy spoke to wikileaks before being killed. I'm asking you what this has to do with Donald Trump.

Also, we both know that you'll be back to this circle-jerk soon like clockwork the next time Donald puts his foot in it with the latest Trump-supporter whataboutery.

EDIT - I see you removed the "I'm out of this circle-jerk" part of your comment...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Great to see the donald working closely with russia. Better friends than enemies. Together they can destroy isis forever

Leroy42 wrote: »
    On the latest derail tactic, driven by Fox News etc about this DNC worker. What does that prove? Some guy comes out and says this DNC worker passed on e-mails to wikileaks. Ok. Does that prove Russia weren't involved or that Trump did not collude with Russia to help spread the information?

No. Have you any evidence of the reason he did it. Did he decide to do this off his own bat?

It isn't just some guy, a Federal investigator confirmed the PI's story, going as far to name how many emails and attachments were leaked to MacFayden, a Wikileaks employee, along with other law enforcement sources.

It shows the whole Russian hacked the election story is fabricated. It also explains why the DNC refused to let the FBI examine their servers and were handed off to a now discredited third party.

Why he did it? A theory is he was a Sanders supporter and was annoyed they stole the primary election.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

So Hank Scorpio, getting to the headline news of the day, what is your take on the recent intelligence leak by Trump to the Russians?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Christy42

Couldn't make it up.

Having read the story it relies heavily on the fbi and Washington police being under the complete control of the dnc to stop this investigation from going forward given they have the computer with the e-mails.

Then it would also rely on Assange having broken wikileaks stance of not revealing his sources even after death given how heavily he has hinted this was the source. I mean he as good as said investigate this guy for having being the leaks which is a big step towards giving away the source.

That is some power for a party that controls no sections of the government. Especially telling as there seems to be no pressure from the Republicans.

I would lean towards this being a crank Fox have given air time to but for fairness I will stay listening to it. It would be big if it gets any traction but until then I am going to leave it. (I am largely addressing it for fairness sake as I addressed the Russia side of this before but the links to Russia have had more news coming out about their potential existence).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,526 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

It isn't just some guy, a Federal investigator confirmed the PI's story, going as far to name how many emails and attachments were leaked to MacFayden, a Wikileaks employee, along with other law enforcement sources.

It shows the whole Russian hacked the election story is fabricated. It also explains why the DNC refused to let the FBI examine their servers and were handed off to a now discredited third party.

Why he did it? A theory is he was a Sanders supporter and was annoyed they stole the primary election.

Disagree completely. We don't yet KNOW the extent of Russian interference in the election - until the evidence is proven in a court of law, all we have is conjecture. No *proof*. And as the prosecutors and investigators are industriously chasing this down (at least 3 investigations at the US Gov level,) we will see something. It took 11 months as I recall from the Cox firing till Nixon resigned. As the Congressional and Senate investigations are only started in the last few months, I expect nothing dramatic before next year.

All *any* of us have is conjecture until it goes before the Judge and Jury.

It's not proof, until it's proven.

• Advertisement

Igotadose wrote: »

All *any* of us have is conjecture until it goes before the Judge and Jury.

It's not proof, until it's proven.

I can agree with that, whatever the outcome is, it's been entertaining pantomime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Kitsunegari

Leroy42 wrote: »

The latest derail tactic? Don't you find it all suspicious that Seth Rich was the reported leaker of the DNC emails and then was suspiciously murdered? You and others continue to apply double standards to what information you choose to believe and what you don't. Don't you find that slightly suspicious at all?

How is this a derail tactic? The level of bias and double standards on this thread is quite frankly appalling.

There is no tangible evidence on either side to prove what has happened. What's wrong with keeping an open mind until we reach that point of having tangible definitive evidence?

If you don't know who Seth Rich is then you don't deserve to be going around screaming Russia at every poster that disagrees with you.

Call me Al wrote: »
    So Hank Scorpio, getting to the headline news of the day, what is your take on the recent intelligence leak by Trump to the Russians?

I think it's hilarious there's coverage like he leaked the nuclear codes, when all he said was ISIS were building laptop bombs.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,481 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

I think it's hilarious there's coverage like he leaked the nuclear codes, when all he said was ISIS were building laptop bombs.

How do you know what he said?

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    How do you know what he said?

That's what been reported in the "press".

It shows the whole Russian hacked the election story is fabricated.

How does it exonerate Mike Flynn?

It shows the whole Russian hacked the election story is fabricated.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,481 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Must be true so
    :)

InTheTrees wrote: »

It doesn't. There's still nothing there pointing towards election collusion with Flynn though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I think you're the only person to have claimed that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭demfad

Ye, so there's this.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/16/slain-dnc-staffer-had-contact-with-wikileaks-investigator-says.html

The Democratic National Committee staffer who was gunned down on July 10 on a Washington, D.C., street just steps from his home had leaked thousands of internal emails to WikiLeaks, law enforcement sources told Fox News.

The revelation is consistent with the findings of Rod Wheeler, a former DC homicide detective and Fox News contributor and whose private investigation firm was hired by Rich’s family to probe the case. Rich was shot from behind in the wee hours, but was not robbed.

"My investigation up to this point shows there was some degree of email exchange between Seth Rich and WikiLeaks,” Wheeler said. “I do believe that the answers to who murdered Seth Rich sits on his computer on a shelf at the DC police or FBI headquarters."

The federal investigator, who requested anonymity, said 44,053 emails and 17,761 attachments between Democratic National Committee leaders, spanning from January 2015 through late May 2016, were transferred from Rich to MacFadyen before May 21."

28i6kow.jpg

Breitbart had the same lies as Fox. Bad enough for the family to lose a child never mind having to deal with the pondlife at Breitbart and Fox.

demfad wrote: »
    [IxMG]http://ix66.tinypic.com/28i6kow.jpg[/IMG]

Breitbart had the same lies as Fox. Bad enough for the family to lose a child never mind having to deal with the pondlife at Breitbart and Fox.

Where's the evidence Trump colluded during the election with the Russians, according to Sen Feinstein (D), as of a few days ago, there isn't any, but the media have no problem shovelling it 24/7, Le double standards indeed. Also I can understand why the family would want to deny it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,372 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Which news outlets do you rely on?

Wow! a story appears on Breitbart/Fox the same day as Trump giving coded intel to Russians and it proves NO COLLUSION WITH RUSSIA.

Quick, tell the massive FBI investigation to wind down, tell the Senate investigations they are barking up the wrong tree, tell the investigation into federal agents leaking to Giuliani its over, tell the Grand Juries ready to reign indictments down on the band of traitors to hold their horses.

Breitbart have proven it's all a hoax. What really happened is the Democrats killed this poor chap because he leaked to Wikileaks.

28i6kow.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Let's not forget Watergate was a "media fabrication" as well.

Which news outlets do you rely on?

I don't "rely" on any, but one of the few with some sort of neutrality and non spin is reuters.

How do you know? The Wapo supressed most of the data that he leaked as it was too sensitive. This was a leak of CODED intel from an ally.

Its as serious as it gets and it has destroyed US credibility. Always worth bearing in mind that this man has the nuclear codes.

I don't "rely" on any, but one of the few with some sort of neutrality and non spin is reuters.

Reuters confirmed the WAPO story.

demfad wrote: »
    Reuters confirmed the WAPO story.

And? I didn't say it was made up, I said it was exaggerated as if he gave the nuclear codes away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

And? I didn't say it was made up, I said it was exaggerated as if he gave the nuclear codes away.
    As Demfad already pointed out, the scale of the information is not fully known as the Washington Post viewed it as too dangerous to simply make public.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement