Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President 'The Donald' Trump and Surprising Consequences - Mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

InTheTrees wrote: »
    The trump admin have also pissed off the Israelis by promising during the campaign to move the US embassy from tel Aviv to Jerusalem before they realized how inflammatory and significant that would be and had to go back on that pledge.

It gets worse.

Israel just been named as the source of the Intelligence.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/world/middleeast/israel-trump-classified-intelligence-russia.html?mtrref=t.co&gwh=7136D47E7730D364480938CC121944E6&gwt=pay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Is there a single thing Trump has done in office that he hasn't gone on huge rants about others doing before he assumed office?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/350602182237753344

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/350338032790028288

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/395683702757662721

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I saw that mentioned yesterday that they're likely to be the source.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,106 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

InTheTrees wrote: »
    The trump admin have also pissed off the Israelis by promising during the campaign to move the US embassy from tel Aviv to Jerusalem before they realized how inflammatory and significant that would be and had to go back on that pledge.

Yeah the (normal) right aren't happy with him over Israel. Shapiro just wrote an article breaking it down.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/16512/trumps-terrible-no-good-very-bad-anti-israel-month-ben-shapiro#

• Registered Users Posts: 11,688 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

This mention that a murdered Dem staffer leaked info to Wikileaks and the FBI is in possession of his laptop, has Don been informed of same by Brietbart seeing as one of his senior staffers is ex-breirtbart? I'm assuming they'de have told him. If he knows, is there any reports of, or tweets from, Don demanding access of the laptop and its hard-drive to prove that his collusion with the Russians story is all a big DNC fake news story?

I'd find it a bit peculiar if that didn't happen with Steve Bannon on his staff, even if former Breitbart staffers [now on the Trump team] are not happy with Don.... report dated 01 May 2017. https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi5o5HzkPXTAhVmDsAKHb0UCZoQFggzMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.salon.com%2F2017%2F05%2F01%2Fformer-breitbart-editor-sebastian-gorka-is-leaving-the-white-house-after-he-couldnt-get-a-security-clearance%2F&usg=AFQjCNF4KQbgfXlMskUyFtvbGCICZ4OgNw

• Advertisement

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Yeah the (normal) right aren't happy with him over Israel. Shapiro just wrote an article breaking it down.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/16512/trumps-terrible-no-good-very-bad-anti-israel-month-ben-shapiro#

The West Wall comment is about as bad as it could go [if correct]. I can imagine that went down well with Don's son-in-law, probably about as much as a Mexican President staffer claiming that the Alamo was not US sovereign territory would go down in Texas.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I don't watch Fox News at all but it seems that Shepard smith is still not drinking the Koop aid and now Chris Wallace is on side. And they aren't bashing trump but I think they are asking questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Mancomb Seepgood

aloyisious wrote: »
    The West Wall comment is about as bad as it could go [if correct]. I can imagine that went down well with Don's son-in-law, probably about as much as a Mexican President staffer claiming that the Alamo was not US sovereign territory would go down in Texas.

The Western Wall is in East Jerusalem, though, which is regarded as occupied territory by every country other than Israel.Israel would almost certainly hold onto it in the unlikely event of a two state solution,of course.

Leaking information would be far more serious to US-Israeli relations.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,372 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Itssoeasy wrote: »

I don't watch Fox News at all but it seems that Shepard smith is still not drinking the Koop aid and now Chris Wallace is on side. And they aren't bashing trump but I think they are asking questions.

Fair dos to Fox. And all of that was before the Russian/Israeli intel clustefúck. With friends like that who needs enemies?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

The Whitehouse is currently on lockdown, no reason given. Just saw it on Sky News.

Gintonious wrote: »
    The Whitehouse is currently on lockdown, no reason given. Just saw it on Sky News.
    Was it someone trying to get in or out ? I'd say Sean spicer has finally had enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Billy86 wrote: »

Wouldn't surprise me, especially if he retains such a laissez-faire attitude to the intelligence briefings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Gintonious wrote: »

https://twitter.com/CaitrionaPerry/status/864586143450501120

All joking aside I see that fox host Kimberly guilfoyle has said that she is in consideration for the WH press secretary job. Poor spicer.

Sky News - breaking News review of what it says in the papers [NYT reports a Jim Comey memo suggests Don asked Comey to shut down the investigation into Mike Flynn]. If they are basing the story on a memo, they had better be sure it's a real memo. I'd presume it was more an aide memoir and a very valuable document in case one might be called to give testimony.

Edit, seen below link..... February!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

New York Times reporting that Trump asked Comey to let the Flynn investigation go.

Anyone want to start yelling "Fake News" and tell us about Hillary?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

New York Times reporting that Trump asked Comey to let the Flynn investigation go.

Anyone want to start yelling "Fake News" and tell us about Hillary?

Just seeing this as well, it just keeps on going and going.

Incredible stuff the past few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Looks like there is going to be an almost daily stream of damaging news now until he is gone I imagine. It may only be a matter of time before the Republicans turn on him.
    They can come out of this smelling of roses saying they got rid of him for the good of the country.

CNN live: Rep Schiff commenting on Comey memo, re president asking for dropping of Flynn investigation {enough is enough] and if there are tapes of conversations, they will be handed over, or they would be subpoened, commented on interference with the investigation. Regardless of what the president thinks, the Senate will have to be sure on whom the new FBI director is, ref vote.

W/H; the president denies the accuracy of the story. In rebuttal it seem's Don has said tonight Gen Flynn is a fine upstanding person and he has faith in him [or something on that lines]. EDIT: that denial in itself is a de facto statement that the Comey memo is true in as far as the meeting occurred, whatever about the words used were on a one-on-one basis. This is where the tapes Don spoke about re him and JC meeting come into their own.

A copy of the memo is in possession of another person. The memo was made after a meeting between Don, Jim, the A/G Sessions - EDIT and the V/P. Mike Pence. Memo reads as Don asked his V/P Mike Pence and the A/G Sessions to leave the room, then talked to Jim alone asking for dropping of investigation.

• Advertisement

Perhaps the thread title should be amended to: President 'The Donald' Trump and unsurprising consequences.

aloyisious wrote: »
    CNN live: Rep Schiff commenting on Comey memo, re president asking for dropping of Flynn investigation {enough is enough] and if there are tapes of conversations, they will be handed over, or they would be subpoened, commented on interference with the investigation. Regardless of what the president thinks, the Senate will have to be sure on whom the new FBI director is, ref vote.

W/H; the president denies the accuracy of the story. In rebuttal it seem's Don has said tonight Gen Flynn is a fine upstanding person and he has faith in him [or something on that lines].

A copy of the memo is in possession of another person. The memo was made after a meeting between Don, Jim, the A/G and deputy A/G. Memo reads as Don asked the A/G Sessions and his deputy to leave the room, then talked to Jim alone asking for dropping of investigation.

It's almost as if going after the intelligence community wasn't the best idea.

This shart on America's ballsack is toast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

So a sitting US president asked the FBI director to end an investigation into a former member of the administration ?

If it happened in the Oval Office and trump is saying that he had tapes then this conversation would be recorded.

Strikes me that Donald is toast.

Think about this -

Washington Post break a huge story about Trump revealing highly classified intelligence to the Russians.

A day later, The New York Times break an even bigger story that Trump asked Comey to end the Flynn investigation.

These massive papers are sitting on gold-mines. Washington Post will break something bigger within days. Maybe a Trump-Ivanka sex tape who the fk knows at this stage.

Trump is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

It has also been very noticeable over the last few days that Fox News are turning against him. There is a lot of negative comments on it today about him about how it is simply becoming too much. I haven't seen Hannity yet but all the other presenters today are definitely turning away from Trump.

It's almost as if going after the intelligence community wasn't the best idea.

This shart on America's ballsack is toast.

This is what you get when you piss on the media and the Intel services. The White House is in lock down apparently. I wonder if The Donald is having a psychotic episode. Not that I'd wish that on anyone, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Did Trump really think Comey wouldn't go down swinging?

This is what you get when you piss on the media and the Intel services. The White House is in lock down apparently. I wonder if The Donald is having a psychotic episode. Not that I'd wish that on anyone, but I wouldn't be surprised.

You can get away with pissing on the media if you can control them, as Erdoghan and Putin have shown. But you need to tighten your grip first and that takes time. This fool went after them before he was even elected.

As for pissing on the intelligence community, no wannabe dictator would be that stupid.

This is going to make a great Netflix series.

• Advertisement

(stolen from reddit)

Ok, let's review the timeline for the next 13 hours:
    - 30 minutes from now: statement from the White House, saying it never happened.
    - 2 hours, someone will be in front of a camera, saying it didn't happen.
    - 2.5-6 hours, various talking heads on every channel but FOX saying we have more problems
    - 3-9 hours, FOX covering for Trump
    - 13 hours, Trump tweets that he did it.

About a half hour after it was posted:
    http://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/864597678491148288

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement