Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President 'The Donald' Trump and Surprising Consequences - Mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,763 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Posts deleted. Raise the standard of posting please.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lads this is getting even madder than I ever thought trumps presidency would get.

Also Wolf blitzer is never leaving the CNN studios at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

A lot going on this week, the worst of Trump's presidency by far, which is hard following the debacle last week! At this point surely any credibility Trump had is eroded to the point where some Reps must take a stand against him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Panrich

If this is true then the Russian links become moot.

This is blatant and a shows a naivety that is staggering. To fire Comey after asking him to drop the investigation could only ever realistically result in a leak. This is not an episode of the apprentice.

Taxi for the Donald.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,688 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

It's almost as if going after the intelligence community wasn't the best idea.

This shart on America's ballsack is toast.

I had to edit a part of mine. It was Mike Pence, Don's V/P who was asked to leave the room with A.G Sessions. not Sessions deputy.

• Advertisement

aloyisious wrote: »
    It's almost as if going after the intelligence community wasn't the best idea.

This shart on America's ballsack is toast.

I had to edit a part of mine. It was Mike Pence, Don's V/P who was asked to leave the room with A.G Sessions. not Sessions deputy.
    So he asked his VP and AG to leave the room ? So the pence and sessions can't comment on this issue as they weren't in the room according to the story.

Madness lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,688 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

I am almost laughing in the aisles. John Dean is on CNN as a guest on the tapes, mentioning phones can be used to record conversations. He's quoting the Nixon era events as well, well that he might, as he became involved in that presidential scandal and giving his opinion on presidential actions. He was Nixon's W/H counsel.

Edit: if this get's ever bigger, then there might be a cancellation of flight plans from the US to the Middle East and Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Trying to finish a thesis by Friday (why the **** did these two stories have to break this week!?) so I didn't spot it reading through, but has the date this happened been specified? I remember photos of Comey going to the White House maybe a month ago, and a reasonably big deal was made of why he was there exactly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭BabyCheeses

Sky News - breaking News review of what it says in the papers [NYT reports a Jim Comey memo suggests Don asked Comey to shut down the investigation into Mike Flynn]. If they are basing the story on a memo, they had better be sure it's a real memo. I'd presume it was more an aide memoir and a very valuable document in case one might be called to give testimony.

Edit, seen below link..... February!

It's not real.

It isn't as bad as you make it out to be.

Hey look, Clinton was seen by someone eating babies.

I'm not a Trump supporter but Trump was clearly in the right.

There we go, thats the tread sorted until the next thing.

Billy86 wrote: »
    Trying to finish a thesis by Friday (why the **** did these two stories have to break this week!?) so I didn't spot it reading through, but has the date this happened been specified? I remember photos of Comey going to the White House maybe a month ago, and a reasonably big deal was made of why he was there exactly.
    February.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Still can see him getting out of this yet. He's had any number of ridiculous scandals and it seems that they just do the same thing - deny, wait it out and suddenly it fades away to some degree.

To be impeached the House of Representatives needs to have a majority vote to do so - how many Republicans who staunchly defended him all along will flip? And if they do, will that not just show everyone that they haven't a clue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Edit: if this get's ever bigger, then there might be a cancellation of flight plans from the US to the Middle East and Europe.

His trip tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

To be impeached the House of Representatives needs to have a majority vote to do so - how many Republicans who staunchly defended him all along will flip? And if they do, will that not just show everyone that they haven't a clue?
    Depending on what happens in Georgia's sixth district, we might see a rising tide against him begin to mount in late June. That's as safe a Republican seat as there is in the house (got Rep for 21 straight elections), and it's in serious jeopardy at the moment.

ThisRegard wrote: »

His trip tomorrow?
    It's Friday I think.

The house oversight committee will subpoena for the memo if necessary, someone there finally seems to have awoken.

CNN are reporting that a trump administration aide was quoted as saying "I just don't know on this one." Christ the moral must be rock bottom in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Comey must know that his notes have him bang to rights considering it was from his side that the leak came from about this.

And now: Chairman of House oversight panel to seek copies of former FBI director memos: "My subpoena pen ready."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,106 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Still can see him getting out of this yet. He's had any number of ridiculous scandals and it seems that they just do the same thing - deny, wait it out and suddenly it fades away to some degree.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/447696/comey-memo-allegation-serious-and-there-no-good-outcome

That's a conservative POV, this is really bad for Trump.

Even if somehow nothing comes of it, the problem for Trump supporters is the **** ups are absolutely incessant, and with his lack of political nuance when the hell does he get some "quiet time"!

House republicans are not stupid, they have seen his approval ratings,and will know how inept he is at this job as many of them will be lifelong Politicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

I was just listening to an ex-FBI agent answering a question about why so much weight can be placed on a "memo". He answered that a FBI Agents official memo's are admissible in court. And Comey has a long reputation for doing things strictly by the book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

The entire Trump Presidency reminds me very much of the OJ Simpson trial.

Only OJ's ardent defenders stuck up for him.
    The rest of us knew he was guilty as sin.
    He weaseled out of it with genius lawyers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

The biggest problem for Trump tonight and Republicans know this - EVERYONE in Washington believes Comey is a straight-shooter with 100% integrity. Many question his judgement but his integrity is rock solid. Air tight. Nobody will believe he is flat out lying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

The biggest problem for Trump tonight and Republicans know this - EVERYONE in Washington believes Comey is a straight-shooter with 100% integrity. Many question his judgement but his integrity is rock solid. Air tight. Nobody will believe he is flat out lying.

Nobody believes a word Trump says. He is worth every cent for entertainment. He has no rules, no integrity, not a clue. The Republicians do not know what to do. If they get past this latest scandal, what is next? At some point someone needs to realise this may end in complete disaster.....in letting mayhem be the order of the day at the Whitehouse. When is the penny going to drop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

This is what you could label as a tipping point, all coming to an end now one would assume. Below is probably the most accurate and believable story concerning the leaks and something I feared for a long time both about the leaks and his own mental health. The way he talks in 3rd person, the way he says things like "I'm like a smart person" and so on. In recent months it's become more and more evident. The writer below isn't some unknown, he's been on the networks all day and the media attacks, in the end, are proving too big a burden and creating too much pressure to overcome and hide his mistakes and personality traits.

http://theresurgent.com/i-know-one-of-the-sources/

Trump has proven to be insecure and desperately reliant on ratings and public perception, so much so he refuses to accept criticism from people who want him to succeed and his own unrelenting drive to look good and feed his insecurity is destroying his Presidency. The pressure has gotten so much he can no longer coherently speak clearly and his interviews have become embarrassing even for Trump supporters. This wasn't always the case, he was solid in the second and third debate etc but I fear coaching ala Farage may have been the reason for that.

I still believe the whole Russia collusion angle is for the most part fabricated, but it's a tactic that has worked well for the Democrats, and in my eyes questions remain over who provided Wikileaks the emails, but at this point that's almost a totally separate topic and it seems no longer needed to bring a sinking ship down. Defiant defenders of his like Gingrich tones have changed, no longer is it joking and laughing at the media but a very sombre tone as in he needs to keep his mouth shut.

I do think he has good intentions for the US but he's unable to execute them due to his own flaws. I hope he gets past this and can get over his own need for attention and approval,but it's hard to see that happening now. Whatever happens it's going to be one hell of a ride and everything is going to come out on both sides, love him or hate him it's been thoroughly entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭vetinari

The only thing saving Trump at the moment is that the scandals are occurring so frequently.
    If you look at the last 3 scandals
    Firing Comey
    Leaking top secret information to the Russians
    Asking Comey to end the investigation into Flynn
    ANY one of them would have dominated say Obama's presidency for months!
    Trump is just overwhelming us with scandals. This is pure insanity.

edit: Forgot to add, COULD YOU IMAGINE the response from Republicans if this was Hillary Clinton as president??!!

vetinari wrote: »

edit: Forgot to add, COULD YOU IMAGINE the response from Republicans if this was Hillary Clinton as president??!!

In fairness, the media have been gunning at him for a long time, long before he won. It's not hard to look around and find daily examples of sheer animosity towards him, they're all in at this point. They want nothing more than to take him down, it's been that way since he won the nomination, just lately its gone way up in hatred, Trump hasn't done himself any favours.

Nobody can blame media bias for this one, the Comey memo story was broke by the same journalist that broke the Clinton email server story.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Nobody can blame media bias for this one, the Comey memo story was broke by the same journalist that broke the Clinton email server story.

I'm not making excuses if you read my initial post, Trump's landed himself in it.

I know, I was surprised at your post! My post was more a general point as there will be at least one poster around to claim that the source of the story can't be trusted, but their head may burst when trying to reconcile it with the other story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Kitsunegari

I'm not making excuses if you read my initial post, Trump's landed himself in it.

Not only reading the post but understand it too. That might be the difficulty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭BlinkingLights

What's shocking me is the US is still engaging with him as if this is just "business as usual".

The GOP needs to wake up and impeach him.

Although, they've had this coming since the Tea Party

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement