Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President 'The Donald' Trump and Surprising Consequences - Mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,636 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

The beast has awoken

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/865169927644340224

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/865173176854204416

Like honestly... can he not use spell check...

I just have this image of him being running around the whitehouse while Kushner and Spicer chase him begging him to hand over the tweet machine...

Wow, he had 24 hours and thats the best he can come up with!

Not, its all bs, I have the tapes to prove I'm right, nothing. He seems to think that whinging that people are being unfair is a way out of this. Poor little rich boy with no friends. I can't see too many coal miners caring that he has to take a bit of heat. And for a man that reveals in calling out anyone that stands against him, he sure can't take it.

And if he feels Obama got away with things, maybe instead of crying to twitter he should talk to Paul Ryan and ask why, when the GOP held the majority, they didn't push for a SC.

And given that he now has access to intel, and as he says has an absolute right to pass it on, why does he not relative the evidence of this illegal acts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Deflection and whataboutery, why change the theme at this point.

Are we surprised that he doesn't know the era of McCarthyism and what a proper witch hunt is.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,275 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The beast has awoken

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/865169927644340224

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/865173176854204416

Like honestly... can he not use spell check...

I just have this image of him being running around the whitehouse while Kushner and Spicer chase him begging him to hand over the tweet machine...

Completely different to the tone of the official statement last night. Which would lead me to believe he had little input into that press release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

As an aside Trump ally, consultant on Trump campaign and disgraced former head of Fox News, Roger Ailes is dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Who are Donald Trump's speechwriters?
    Who actually wtites the stuff, such as the claim he made earlier that he is the most tormented politician leader ever (or words to that effect)?

Or does he write this stuff himself?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Completely different to the tone of the official statement last night. Which would lead me to believe he had little input into that press release.

Next to nothing I'd say. His press time and wider administration are in the nightmare scenario now. The office of president is obliged to respect Mueller's investigation. That investigation could draw blood for years. That's potentially years of trying to parse Trump's outbursts into something less damning.

He's off on his first foreign trip this week. I doubt the time-zone adjustment will make for more measured tweets...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

demfad wrote: »
    I'm getting sick of this!

People who lied about these meetings:
    Donald Trump and anyone in the Trump admin who commented on it.

Other meetings with Russians:
    Flynn met Putin and the Russian secret service at a dinner in 2015
    Flynn contacts with a younger female Russian spy in Cambridge in 2014. She called him 'General Misha'.
    Manafort campaigned for Putin Puppet Yanukovitz, got 12 million in back money from there, worked with pro Russian billionaire Firtash, and his partner was in Russian SS.
    Worked for Depriska for 10 million a year from 2006 to further Russian interests internationally.

Just to add:

Russian billionaire and Putin puppet Dmitry Rybolovlev's private plane landed at the same airport (within minutes) of Trump's private plane on 3 separate occasions during the 2016 election campaign.

The same Dmitry Rybolovlev who bought a mansion from Trump for $95 million, $55 million profit for Trump at a time when Rybolovlev was desperately TRYING to over-pay people for property so his wife would get less in a divorce.

Incidentally, despite selling him a house for $95 million and despite being on the same airport runway 3 times, Trump denies he has ever even spoken to Rybolovlev.

There's so much that's just sketchy and shady as hell in this whole debacle.

Without even going in to any sort of speculation, we ALL have this on public record:

"Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing" - Donald J. Trump, July 27th, 2016

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

"Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing" - Donald J. Trump, July 27th, 2016
    If the US had any sense he would have been deemed ineligible right there and then, as many said at the time, and we would not find ourselves in this ridiculous mess a year later.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,762 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

thedevils wrote: »
    Meh
    storker wrote: »
    "Read my lips..." :)

Mod: Less of this carry on please.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 11,685 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

B0jangles wrote: »
    How about more revelations about the unusual level of contact between the Trump campaign and the Russian government to start off the day, and from Reuters too!

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-contacts-idUSKCN18E106

So even though what has been reviewed from these contacts so far has shown no overt evidence of wrongdoing or collusion, the Trump administration lied repeatedly about their continuous contact with the Russian government.

Why?

It's probably just a auto-response Don has when it come to reading news reports [mind says no] and when his staff have told him what was actually there, he switches to auto-deflect mode (via Spicer & Co) trying to get him out of his mess. Looking back at recent W/house histor, Kellyanne Conway got it so right with her alternative facts line, it was Don she had in her mind's eye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,091 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Overheal wrote: »

He's a good man, clearly innocent and nothing shady to see here. I agree, investigating this sort of behaviour is needless.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,450 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Wait until Mueller sends the demand. He won't be saying no.
    Maybe he is still hoping to bargain for the info he has?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Donald trump is having a live press conference at 8:45pm Irish time with the president of Columbia oh Christ it could be golden.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Donald trump is having a live press conference at 8:45pm Irish time with the president of Columbia oh Christ it could be golden.

I wonder what odds you'd get that he is announcing he is resigning?

"President Santos I just want you to know the crooked dishonest media here is so unfair, so unfair. Did you know I won by the biggest landslide in history period? It's true! But the fake news media won't report it. Terrible! Is it too late to wish you a happy Sinkquo Du Mayonnaise?"

Lindsey graham just said on Fox News that from what he heard from a closed seesionnof the senate with the deputy AG that the Russian investigation has crossed a line into a criminal investigation.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,450 ✭✭✭✭Water John

That then, is the big news of today. We are in serious territory, here.
    Flynn et al, will be bargaining for a little jail time as possible.

Water John wrote: »
    That then, is the big news of today. We are in serious territory, here.
    Flynn et al, will be bargaining for a little jail time as possible.

Oh no, you won't hear a peep about it again from some channels I wager. I got a $2 Bill that says Fox runs the Times Square story into the ground (drunk/drugged/psycho drives intentionally/accidentally through pedestrians, killing 1 injuring dozens)

So Trump is crying that this investigation is hurting the country.

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    Oh no, you won't hear a peep about it again from some channels I wager. I got a $2 Bill that says Fox runs the Times Square story into the ground (drunk/drugged/psycho drives intentionally/accidentally through pedestrians, killing 1 injuring dozens)

Well Shepard smith is running the Russian thing into the ground. He really is swimming against the tide at fox.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

ThisRegard wrote: »
    So Trump is crying that this investigation is hurting the country.

Has the press conference started?

https://twitter.com/cnnpolitics/status/865287402465759233

Here senator graham saying it's become a criminal investigation.

Stheno wrote: »

Not yet, he said it at some point earlier today, CNN read out the quote.

Stheno wrote: »

Found the full statement
    https://twitter.com/markknoller/status/865289734335213569

Billy86 wrote: »
    He's a good man, clearly innocent and nothing shady to see here. I agree, investigating this sort of behaviour is needless.

Lol.... GSOH :D

He asked for an immunity from prosecution deal with the Senate and House committees [according to his attorney] which were refused. He can plead the 5th & say "I respectfully decline to answer the question as it might tend to incriminate myself" or something on those lines when asked awkward questions by the committee members. I don't know if he can claim privilege on documents on the same basis but probably can [if they are personal papers by his own hand] and not federal documents or documents written/signed by him in relation to his duties while in office as Nat Sec Adv.

I don't know if the committees can take the bull by the horns and grant him [with DAG and Court approval] unasked for immunity from prosecution and stymie any attempts by him to with-hold anything relevant from them. I'd imagine with immunity granted in either way, any attempt by him to throw sand in their eyes will mean prison for contempt, as the federal court had OK'd the deal.

Don tweeted in March that "Mike Flynn should ask for immunity in that this is a witch hunt (excuse for big election loss), by media & Dems, of historic proportion!". White House spokesman Sean Spicer said the tweet meant to emphasize that the president had no objection to Flynn's testimony. "He believes that Mike Flynn should go testify,'' Spicer told reporters Friday. "What he's asking is, 'go testify.'

So now he's saying the EC is slanted towards the dems ? Jesus man make up your mind. Which is it ?

Trump cancelled his visit to the Masada fort, a UNESCO site, because he wasn't allowed land there in his helicopter. Previous presidential visitors landed at the bottom and walked or got a cable car to it.

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-cancels-visit-ancient-masada-site-after-israel-blocks-helicopter-landing-611287?amp=1

A deal on the war on drugs or an outside contract on wall building?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Christy42

Saying the country is not unified is stupid. He helped split it and it is meant to be his job to unite it. He is uncomfortable at this point. He hasn't been able to swing away from this for months. He does not have the attention span for this slog and they smell blood at this point.

Another point is that the FBI had been a bigger ally than he had thought given this seems to have blown only after Comey got fired.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement