Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President 'The Donald' Trump and Surprising Consequences - Mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Intent, that's the key. Mueller's job is done already.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,636 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

There is no way that is true, I mean no way. Is there?

I have a pretty low opinion of Trump but this??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

Breaking:

Donald Trump told Russian Ambassador and Foreign Minister, quote:

"I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job,” Mr. Trump said, according to the document, which was read to The New York Times by an American official. “I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off.”

Sean Spicer, responded on record to NYT admitting the comments but saying the real issue is the leaks.

Apologies Wonderful, I hadn't seen your post when I posted my own.

He was on a high, from having just fired Comey and thinking he was out the gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,275 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Latest: Russia probe reaches White House official. Link
    The law enforcement investigation into possible coordination between Russia and the Trump campaign has identified a current White House official as a significant person of interest, showing that the probe is reaching into the highest levels of government, according to people familiar with the matter.

It's closing in on Trump himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Those comments by trump are amazing even by trump. A trump supporter on CNN trying her best to make a Defense and god love her she's trying but you can't spin it that well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭leck

Further on the Trump hug - Hillary Clinton's debate preparation last year including practice on avoiding the Trump hug. Philippe Reines, who stood in as Donald Trump during debate preparation for Hillary Clinton during the 2016 election, tweeted a video showing him jokingly trying to force a hug on Clinton while they practiced for a debate in September.
    https://twitter.com/philippereines/status/865578947076997120

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

namloc1980 wrote: »

It's closing in on Trump himself.

It was over a few days tbh. There's no way he'll come back from what's been leaked.

I don't think it is closing in on Trump himself, I still believe that actual evidence to him will be very difficult to prove.

I do think that his words yesterday "I can only speak for myself" are a very telling shift. He was adamant that there was nothing but know he admits there is a doubt.

Kushner most likely I would think. But who knows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Donald Trump:

Kim-Jong-un is a smart cookie.
    James Comey is a nutjob.

Honestly, this is the President of the USA .....

Reminds me strongly of a quote from The Wire, from Bunk talking to Omar:

"Makes me sick motherf**ker how far we done fell".

Sad stuff.

• Advertisement

Leroy42 wrote: »

In a normal US administration, even in bush 43s no it wouldn't be but this is Donald trump.

Trump's immediate risk if this continues over the next few days, is that, the team at home may start looking to the alternative, Pence.

Leroy42 wrote: »

Sean Spicer confirmed the comments in the article itself.

He just said the real issue was the leaks of the comments.

Water John wrote: »
    Trump's immediate risk if this continues over the next few days, is that, the team at home may start looking to the alternative, Pence.

I'd be very surprised if Pence himself was orchestrating all these leaks with a view to getting rid of Donald....

Wait, no, I wouldn't.

Everyone knows Trump is toxic, the GOP knows, Pence knows, they all know. They just get rid of him then blame it on "Deep State forces" in order to retain Trump's base.

I'd say George W Bush is delighted that Donald trump is president as even though bush wasn't the best he's looking like Lincoln compared to trump.

Wow, such naivety. How did the hell did he get this far in life.

No strike that, naivety suggests it a mistake. He comes across as a person that simply doesn't appreciate that their are consequnces

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

You have to wonder what they were thinking in the white house when they decided the best thing to do to make the investigations stop would be to fire the director of the FBI.

And then the embarrassingly classless and utterly unnecessary bad mouthing of comey afterwards in spite of the widespread bipartisan praise and respect for him from all sides.

Its more than narcissism isn't it? He's completely out of touch with what's going on around him.

From the New York Times:
    The White House document that contained Mr. Trump’s comments was based on notes taken from inside the Oval Office and has been circulated as the official account of the meeting. One official read quotations to The Times, and a second official confirmed the broad outlines of the discussion.

Jim acosta of CNN just said there are armed guards on the roof of the building he's reporting live from Saudi Arabia and might have to stop his live broadcast

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Christy42

leck wrote: »
    From the New York Times:

Will be impressed if the Republicans stick by him now. That level of not caring about your own country and people takes a special level of selfishness.

Though really I reckon it will take about 10% change in his net approval in polls (he is running at 16%) right now. He has been losing points steadily since Comey was fired. That seems to have upset a lot people as well as being the trigger for a new round of leaks into the WH chaos.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

It was over a few days tbh. There's no way he'll come back from what's been leaked.

Ya know I thought so too a couple of days ago, but I also thought that he would never win the election. I'm beginning to think now that all this will blow over, he will tough it out and eventually it will all die down and while there will still be the odd controversy, he will survive for the full term.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

From the New York Times:
    The White House document that contained Mr. Trump’s comments was based on notes taken from inside the Oval Office and has been circulated as the official account of the meeting. One official read quotations to The Times, and a second official confirmed the broad outlines of the discussion.

My lord, who circulates meeting minutes where one person is called a "nut job". That's utter incompetence.

Don't think, minutes would be the word for these writings. They are called transcripts. Thus, they record the words.
    Minutes would record any decisions, maybe some general steers on the discussions, to give context for the decisions.

dudara wrote: »
    My lord, who circulates meeting minutes where one person is called a "nut job". That's utter incompetence.
    Or maybe not. I'm guessing at this stage the staffers are getting sick of covering for the boss.

From David Brooks in the NYT.
    But over the past 10 days the atmosphere has become extraordinary. Senior members of the White House staff have trained their sights on the man they serve. Every day now there are stories in The Times, The Washington Post and elsewhere in which unnamed White House officials express disdain, exasperation, anger and disrespect for their boss.

As the British say, the staff is jumping ship so fast they are leaving the rats gaping and applauding.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/19/opinion/trump-white-house-staff.html

• Registered Users Posts: 33,960 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Fox news is awesome, they are covering the hug now.

And doing it so badly just brilliant satire.

Not real news

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Breaking:

Donald Trump told Russian Ambassador and Foreign Minister, quote:

"I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job,” Mr. Trump said, according to the document, which was read to The New York Times by an American official. “I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off.”

Sean Spicer, responded on record to NYT admitting the comments but saying the real issue is the leaks.

Priceless.
    He appears to have reasoned that firing the FBI director would solve his problems.

And on the contrary it has made the situation worse. Anyone with a half a braincell would've realised the consequences that would arise. I wonder did Trump just bulldoze this decision through without taking any advice on board.

It seems Kuschner was the one who pushed for Comey to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,685 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

dudara wrote: »

Or the horrible fact, in all seriousness, people waiting to create and then fill voids or vacancies.

I've been listening to the various reports over the past day or so about Comey's firing, Don's various statements on when he decided Comey must go and what seem to be differing timings on when the DAG wrote his memo advising the firing of Comey [before or after Don made the decision].

If Don had decided to fire Comey before he got the memo, then the memo is of no consequence. If the DAG was aware that Don was going to fire Comey before he wrote the memo advising that Don should fire Comey, then [as far as I can see] there was no point or reason to write it, except to provide a veneer of legality to Don's act. Don, AFAIK, didn't need the memo to justify his action, unless he was afraid of people questioning the reason.

Now the Washington Post reporting:
    The law enforcement investigation into possible coordination between Russia and the Trump campaign has identified a current White House official as a significant person of interest, showing that the probe is reaching into the highest levels of government, according to people familiar with the matter.

The senior White House adviser under scrutiny by investigators is someone close to the president, according to these people, who would not further identify the official.
    Now the guessing will begin. My bet is on Jared.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,960 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Now the Washington Post reporting:

Now the guessing will begin. My bet is on Jared.

Bannon

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement