Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President 'The Donald' Trump and Surprising Consequences - Mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,339 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

namloc1980 wrote: »
    If, IF, it's Kushner and there's evidence against him, will Trump stand up for him or throw him under the bus?

Under the bus of course and Trump would be driving the bus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Just my opinion obviously but .....

I'm thinking that there is a boat-load of unexplained financial transactions between many in Team Trump's orbit and Russia.

That's probably the direction this is going.

Direct evidence of collusion would depend on incompetence of epic proportions. I.e. Even if Team Trump co-ordinated with GRU on when to release the Podesta e-mails, they'd need to have been highly incompetent to leave a trail. It'd all have been conducted over encrypted communications like Whatsapp.

This is Team Trump so I wouldn't rule out gross incompetence leading to some in their orbit being in serious trouble re: collusion.

But the likeliest explanation is a lot of them are in neck deep with corrupt Russian money and now the Feds and Intelligence Community have the knives out for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Not surprising at all, slimy fecker, and so is the wife. Apparently he's in massive debt.
    Like father (in law), like son (in law). :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Direct evidence of collusion would depend on incompetence of epic proportions. I.e. Even if Team Trump co-ordinated with GRU on when to release the Podesta e-mails, they'd need to have been highly incompetent to leave a trail. It'd all have been conducted over encrypted communications like Whatsapp.

That didn't happen. Even the Intel agencies admitted it.

If it was the Russians they used a third party to send the emails to Wikileaks, and Wikileaks themselves decided when to release them, there was no coordination.

Wikileaks didn't work directly with the Russian Intel agencies, and that's what the US says too, just throwing that out there. :)

Billy86 wrote: »
    Like father (in law), like son (in law). :D

Failed Billionaire :pac:

Although it's clear at this point he's a failed politician.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Jesus I've genuinely never read the comments section on Breitbart.

It's absolutely toxic poison.

Full of talk about God's plan, George Soros funded illuminati, the Deep State, overthrowing Washington DC by armed militia's etc.

Hank you actually believe in all that stuff?

Not really. The only thing I've had vented interest in from the start is Wikileaks since I've been following them for years. Others will testify to that! At least I hope.

I'll admit I wanted Trump to win, but I never expected him to be such a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭blackcard

Ben D Bus wrote: »
    aloyisious wrote: »
    On another matter, RTE's just discussed Sean Spicer with the US correspondent of a UK paper and it seems that after the upcoming presidential visit by Don abroad, Sean is hanging up his W/House boots even though [allegedly] Don promised him his job is safe. Reportedly a major distraction he doesn't like in the job is the Saturday Night Live show take-off of him by Melissa McCarthy. It's apparently annoying him badly. I do kind'a feel sorry for him, as i don't think he knew Don's way of dealing with problems before he took the job. like he didn't check out Don's history and CV.

Kimberly Guilfoyle is already claiming she's been in discussion with the WH about replacing him.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/kimberly-guilfoyle-sean-spicer-replace-white-house-press-secretary-fox-news-host-donald-trump-a7741391.html
    I think Kimberley would be a total disaster, shrill, loud , no charm. Her fellow presenter, Dana Perino ,would be brilliant for Trump but is far too classy to get involved

• Registered Users Posts: 11,685 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

A bagman? Umm, the next stop on the Trump tour is Israel. Air Force 1 must have good media coverage capability.

Also it's somewhat ironic that the twitter account that was meant to bypass the media has resulted in him being on the verge of impeachment.

Left to his own devices and all that..

If people remember back to the campaign, Conway and others stopped him using it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,446 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Might be a short job, at this rate.

blackcard wrote: »
    I think Kimberley would be a total disaster, shrill, loud , no charm. Her fellow presenter, Dana Perino ,would be brilliant for Trump but is far too classy to get involved

Nah, she's good tbh. And hot. :)

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

...I never expected him to be such a disaster.

I genuinely don't understand that. His entire candidacy - hell, his entire career - was one long foreshadowing of a disastrous presidency.

I know there was widespread belief that someone who's a despicable human being and a half-assed businessman would magically morph overnight into something he has never been, but I've never understood what informed that belief. There was never any actual evidence for it; all the evidence of who Donald Trump has always been pointed firmly in the direction of who he still is.

I mean, come on. He's not sane. It was blindingly obvious throughout the campaign that he wasn't sane. What on earth made people think he was suddenly going to develop sanity on inauguration day?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Jesus I've genuinely never read the comments section on Breitbart.

It's absolutely toxic poison.

Full of talk about God's plan, George Soros funded illuminati, the Deep State, overthrowing Washington DC by armed militia's etc.

Its a smorgasbord for bottom feeders.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

I'll admit I wanted Trump to win, but I never expected him to be such a disaster.

To be fair, It wasn't for lack of trying to tell you.... ;)

oscarBravo wrote: »

I mean, come on. He's not sane. It was blindingly obvious throughout the campaign that he wasn't sane. What on earth made people think he was suddenly going to develop sanity on inauguration day?

Do you think he's insane here? Or is it only since he announced he was running, or in recent years.

@Hank: not sure of your location. The Houston Chronicle has a cartoon on it's Opinion section covering travel ban - AF1 being denied re-entry to US. When the Texan media is slagging a Republican President about one of his "protect the nation" plans......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭BabyCheeses

Water John wrote: »
    If he resigns, Pence will pardon him. No jail.

Why would he do that? Republicans can wash their hands of Trump and pretend he was never one of them despite being their policies on steroids.

Trump was useful to them but they couldn't care less what happens to him. I doubt he will need to be pardoned, many people around him sure, but Trump isn't smart enough to be a key player here, just a useful tool.

@Hank: not sure of your location. The Houston Chronicle has a cartoon on it's Opinion section covering travel ban - AF1 being denied re-entry to US. When the Texan media is slagging a Republican President about one of his "protect the nation" plans......

Texas will never turn blue though imo, most Southern states and counties would prefer throw a bomb in like Trump than elect HRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭blackcard

Nah, she's good tbh. And hot. :)
    She has nice legs, but would be a disaster as a press secretary. Even on a panel of 4 republicans against 1 Democrat (Fair and balanced) she gets wound up by any alternative view. She would be better than Eric Bolling but that is setting a very low standard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Breaking news. NBC is saying Comey is going to testify to the senate in an open session. After memorial day which is in a few weeks.

This will be a very big deal and I expect Trump will be hiring a personal lawyer now.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/comey-testify-public-senate-intelligence-committee/story?id=47521610

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Breaking news. NBC is saying Comey is going to testify to the senate in an open session.

Is that a public hearing?

She has nice legs, but would be a disaster as a press secretary.

I don't think she would be, has good wits about her.

Afaik she's a qualified attorney too. But in fairness I think it's an impossible win, you say one thing and an hour later Trump says the opposite on twitter.

How do you win?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Is that a public hearing?

Yup. They say Open or Closed though.

CNN reporting seems as of 15 minutes ago, news broke that James Comey has agreed to appear and give evidence at an open hearing of the committee investigating the Russian collusion. if it's open, that might mean the official secrets act might prevent full disclosure.

Plus reports of Sean Spicer saying that the reason Comey was fired was because he was interfering with relationships with Russia, and not because he was investigating Flynn and collusion with Russia.

Ummm, CNN talking about the Don and Jim Comey 1 on 1 conversation, mentioning that the difference between the versions might be about the "request" being for closure of one segment of the investigation, and not the whole. I don't know if this was mentioned anywhere before or if it's a smokescreen.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,952 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Do you think he's insane here? Or is it only since he announced he was running, or in recent years.

I don't know Hank , you know it may have been nearly a decade ago when trump came out with this Vicious nonsense that I could see he was a narcissistic loon .

You may not have seen it live back then as like it was on the real news before social media had taken off and stuff. You appear to think people just suddenly hated this man last year when he has over 4 decades of people hating him globally and across anywhere he touches including his home town of new York.

I do love the fact that people think he suddenly became the man he is today a few months ago but the reality is different and quite honestly has never been hidden.. ever

https://youtu.be/s9rRjTkDREM

listermint wrote: »
    I do love the fact that people think he suddenly became the man he is today a few months ago but the reality is different and quite honestly has never been hidden.. ever

You can take anything in a vacuum and portray it as reason enough to hate or dislike someone. It's the exact same on the other side.

Do I "hate" Trump? Nah, but I think he's proven himself to be incompetent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

To be fair, Houston (at least I think it is Houston) is one of the few blue areas in Texas more often than not.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Hank, with the greatest of respect how could you have not seen this coming ? It was written in the stars that Donald trump would be an unmitigated disaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,952 ✭✭✭✭listermint

You can take anything in a vacuum and portray it as reason enough to hate or dislike someone. It's the exact same on the other side.

Do I "hate" Trump? Nah, but I think he's proven himself to be incompetent.

In what vaccuum.... I mean what are you talking about . I've watched interviews of this fool for years long before there was any notions of a presidential race.

Don't attempt to sideline it as being in a vaccuum. The man is a selfish and spineless individual. He would think nothing of rolling over your if it would make him a quick buck.

Beneath your turn of face there is a thinly veiled defiance that he his misunderstood and would have done a good job if he was just left alone to do it.

Sorry but ,

No

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement