Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President 'The Donald' Trump and Surprising Consequences - Mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

listermint wrote: »
    Dno what to say, you seem like an angry person.

Don't confuse anger with amusement.
    What's amusing about it exactly ? I mean I'm not a fan of trump in any shape or form. I felt his message was wrong and it was all blind promises.

Also trump failing isn't a good thing as an American president resigning or being impeached isn't a good thing. I mean I'm sure I've disagreed with hank on many things but to his credit he's big enough to admit it's gone to ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,952 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Doesn't really matter does it, Republicans will in charge for the next 4 years or so regardless of what happens.

Thought so.

Don't want to say but that's the belief anyway

Don't worry too much the republicans will get their come uppence at the polls next year having allowed this saga get to this point.

Embarrassing the entire nation .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Thought so.

Don't want to say but that's the belief anyway

Don't worry too much the republicans will get their come uppence at the polls next year having allowed this saga get to this point.

Embarrassing the entire nation .

Is it true Democrats have lost over 1000 seats since Obama's Presidency started?

Actually let me fact check.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2015/jan/25/cokie-roberts/have-democrats-lost-900-seats-state-legislatures-o/

Fecking Russians.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    What's amusing about it exactly ? I mean I'm not a fan of trump in any shape or form. I felt his message was wrong and it was all blind promises.

Also trump failing isn't a good thing as an American president resigning or being impeached isn't a good thing. I mean I'm sure I've disagreed with hank on many things but to his credit he's big enough to admit it's gone to ****.

Credit. Big enough , sorry nah no thanks.

It's still the media's fault and the lefty's who orchestrated this whole Russia thing against trump .

If they left him alone trump would be making it all great again.

No credit from me cheers thanks.

:)

Is it true Democrats have lost over 1000 seats since Obama's Presidency started?

Actually let me fact check.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2015/jan/25/cokie-roberts/have-democrats-lost-900-seats-state-legislatures-o/

Fecking Russians.

Tea party levels of deception

• Advertisement

Tea party levels of deception

Ye, it's deception, when it's staring you in the face.

Your ideology is flawed brother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭BabyCheeses

rwbug wrote: »
    Here lies the American problem

And this is what I was saying. The people turning against Trump now still thought it was a good idea or possible to ban Muslims, build a wall funded by Mexico, that the republicans will introduce a health plan that is better than the ACA, and the republicans are somehow better for LGBT people. They spent months telling us we were wrong and being fooled by the evil MSM for predicting this exact situation happening. The only problem is they still think these ideas are good and the next person can come along, get elected and make a mess of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Credit. Big enough , sorry nah no thanks.

It's still the media's fault and the lefty's who orchestrated this whole Russia thing against trump .

If they left him alone trump would be making it all great again.

No credit from me cheers thanks.

:)
    So no credit then ? Isn't that slightly smug ? I mean have you ever backed the wrong horse and had to admit fault in your life ? It seems from the quoted post you haven't. It'll be an awful land when it happens kid.

Ye, it's deception, when it's staring you in the face.

Your ideology is flawed brother.

I don't have an ideology. That's what is so amusing about all this.

Breitbart and whatever other news feeds some folks subscribe to like to conveniently put anyone against their cause into a nest little bucket. Generally something lefty or foreign.

Me , see im just a normal individual nice family work with nice people , appreciate other humans and I don't subscribe to ideologies or religions they tend to make people delirious defensive and just cause all sorts of trouble.

I don't have an ideology. That's what is so amusing about all this.

Breitbart and whatever other news feeds some folks subscribe to like to conveniently put anyone against their cause into a nest little bucket. Generally something lefty or foreign.

Me , see im just a normal individual nice family work with nice people , appreciate other humans and I don't subscribe to ideologies or religions they tend to make people delirious defensive and just cause all sorts of trouble.

If it was ze Russians, why have the Democrats lost over 1000 legislative seats since Obama took over?

Simple question, I want to know the answer.

• Advertisement

So no credit then ? Isn't that slightly smug ? I mean have you ever backed the wrong horse and had to admit fault in your life ? It seems from the quoted post you haven't. It'll be an awful land when it happens kid.

I don't give any credit whatsoever. It seems you failed to read between hanks posts or responses to mine.

But you know sometimes it's more subtle you have to spend a tad more time reading under what is being said.

If it was ze Russians, why have the Democrats lost over 1000 legislative seats since Obama took over?

Simple question, I want to know the answer.

Ah so the media constructed trumps demise.

Ahh I see ., I kinda knew if I hung that out there it would be latched on to.

Ah so the media constructed trumps demise.

Ahh I see ., I kinda knew if I hung that out there it would be latched on to.

Not answering the question

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

Policy is make hay when no-one is looking-
    Go Business Friends, Go, Go, Go!!! Pocket $$$$$$$

Trumps Foreign Policy seems to be to hate Muslims/Mexicans, except muslims we get oil from. They might support AQ, but they have oil. Lets buy. Who cares if they helped bring down the towers?

Not answering the question

It's clear you avoided mine , I don't know why I've stated it 3 times on the last 3 pages.

Is it true you think they media constructed this Russian stuff against trump and his campaign.
    And if it wasn't for the media and people who were against the trump presidency then trump would be currently making America great again.

That's a forth time you can avoid it.

Whilst basking in the glory of all the credit you caught I can see behind the lines Hank.

It's the lefts fault.... True or false.

Whoever this left is....

It's the lefts fault.... True or false.

Whoever this left is....

I haven't avoided any of your questions.

Fact is ( fact checked on the fly! ) Obama and the Democrats have lost over 1000 legislative seats in the past 8 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,106 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

blackcard wrote: »
    She has nice legs, but would be a disaster as a press secretary. Even on a panel of 4 republicans against 1 Democrat (Fair and balanced) she gets wound up by any alternative view. She would be better than Eric Bolling but that is setting a very low standard

Why would she want the hassle of it? Isn't she loaded in her current gig?

That Breitbart article Hank posted is pretty much Bannon burying Jared.

I haven't avoided any of your questions.

Fact is ( fact checked on the fly! ) Obama and the Democrats have lost over 1000 legislative seats in the past 8 years.

So it's abundantly clear.

Thanks for the confirmation hank.

Hence the reason there will be zero credit from this quarter about the supposed turn around.

Trump and his camp brought around the entire episode that is going on now. By involving the Russians in their campaign by trump taking Russian money going back years and by backing a man who has no business running a country of the stature of the United states.

The media and or anyone who opposed trump are not the ones to blame here nor should be vilified despite what the websites that you subscribe to say in their articles and via their diatribe comments section.

Thanks for the confirmation though it's what I was seeing the past three days

• Registered Users Posts: 12,106 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Deleted post

Clearly, but seems like a lot of stress when she is not exactly in a bad position atm, not as if the next few months will be easy:pac:

So it's abundantly clear.

Thanks for the confirmation hank.

Hence the reason there will be zero credit from this quarter about the supposed turn around.

Trump and his camp brought around the entire episode that is going on now. By involving the Russians in their campaign by trump taking Russian money going back years and by backing a man who has no business running a county of the stature of the United states.

The media and or anyone who opposed trump are not the ones to blame here or should be vilified despite what the websites that you subscribe to say in their articles and via their diatribe comments section.

Thanks for the confirmation though it's what I was seeing the past three days

You see I don't even need to read what you wrote, I just skip.

You wont answer the question, and that in itself is an admission of guilt.

You ask me question after question and I TRY to answer.

You're yapping about the media and blah blah.

The Democrats have lost over 1000 seats bruh, and you don't care you explain.

That's fine! The Russians are coming!!

• Advertisement

I don't need to answer your questions i never stated the democrats have not kept seats.

In fact I'm not sure why you raised it.

But it's heartening to see the old Hank back. Shortened as it was this whole trump slide thing .

The media hank tis the media, poor trump he only ever wanted to make things great again

He had hats.

He had hats.

Perhaps the hats won because of that slow downfall.

It's likely...

Now we move on.

*Kisses*

Goodnight!

I'll dream of Maxine Walters and Pelosi and Schumer and the rest of the crooks.

Whoops did I say crooks, I meant Politicians.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Good laugh watching Anderson Cooper on CNN. "News hit just as the president's flight took off... it's a 14 hour flight to Saudi- imagine how fun the flights gonna be".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Reading through the last few pages its a pretty great little snapshot oc the "Goooooooo sports!!" attitude of some towards modern politics, of reflexive defensiveness, but also of exactly how not to engage someone willing to admit a failing in their own recent beliefs as pushing on with "see you were wrong! Wrong wrong wrong! You've begun to make the steps towards that and somewhat admitted as much but not fully so once again you were wrong!"

That is something the far right media absolutely feeds off of and as we have seen tonight, just makes that person revert right back to their "side" quickly and sharply.

Billy86 wrote: »
    Reading through the last few pages its a pretty great little snapshot oc the "Goooooooo sports!!" attitude of some towards modern politics, of reflexive defensiveness, but also of exactly how not to engage someone willing to admit a failing in their own recent beliefs as pushing on with "see you were wrong! Wrong wrong wrong! You've begun to make the steps towards that and somewhat admitted as much but not fully so once again you were wrong!"

That is something the far right media absolutely feeds off of and as we have seen tonight, just makes that person revert right back to their "side" quickly and sharply.

Which begs the question, what is wrong with having right ring and left ring media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Which begs the question, what is wrong with having right ring and left ring media.
    The active breeding of a disinterest in fact or critical thought in favour of "keeping on script" with "the team".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

• Registered Users Posts: 22,422 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Perhaps the hats won because of that slow downfall.

It's likely...

Now we move on.

*Kisses*

Goodnight!

I'll dream of Maxine Walters and Pelosi and Schumer and the rest of the crooks.

Whoops did I say crooks, I meant Politicians.

To answer your question about why the Dems can't hold onto seats, It kinda is the media.

Fox news is the most watched cable news station and if you look at their website at pretty much any time, it's pure unadulterated propaganda

If people aren't watching fox, they're listening to syndicated talk radio populated by conspiracy theorists, mega church evangalists and ultra conservatives.

There are newspapers of record, the likes of the Washington Post and the New York Times that have some opinion columnists, but their reporting is mostly centrist balanced and rigorous. These are called 'liberal' by people who choose to read the gutter press, like the Washington Times and the New York Post, and Breitbart, news organisations that are naked propaganda and make editorial decisions purely based on political and commercial interests with barely any attention given to truth and accuracy.

The likes of CNN and MSNBC are slanted towards the democratic party, but they are slanted towards the right wing elements in that party, at a stretch they're centre right. These outlets are just as opposed to genuine progressive politics as the other corporate media is.

Republicans and libertarians love shouting about the 'liberal media' but in a world where reporting the truth about republicans makes them look like monsters, telling the truth automatically turns any media into 'liberal media'

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,760 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Posts deleted and a few bans handed out. Less of the "jokes" and one-liners please.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

And don't forget the wholesale gerrymandering the GOP were at as well at state leve.......

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement