Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President 'The Donald' Trump and Surprising Consequences - Mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,635 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Trump had very little to do with these deals, he is simply signing them but the groundwork was already in place. I do praise Melania and Ivanka for not donning headscarves, it sends out the right signal. On the negative, Ivanka giving a speech about how SA is helping with Womens rights and accepting $100m pledge to UN as some sort of positive shrieks of pandering. SA basically deny all womens rights but give us ($100m is nothing to SA) and we will allow you a pass. (It is not just the US that do this, btw, our own government seems complicit in this international acceptance of SA practices).

The Muslim world is no different than Ireland in terms of how they can deal with Trump. Whilst it might not agree with his rethoric, they really have no option but to try to work with the US.

In terms of how the visit went, I doubt anyone really expected a car crash. These things are staged managed, both by the WH and the visited country. What he says in his speeches is irrelevant. As the right continually says about Obama, great speaker but achieved nothing.

Trump giving a prepared speech is hardly groundbreaking, but shows how far his stock is that failing to make a spectacle of himself is worthy or praise. The problem is that given his past utterances it is clear that Trump does not want to work with Muslims, he wants to exclude them. So they will likely sit there and clap, shower him with praise and tell him how important he is (for that is the best way to get him on your side) and then ignore him once he flies away.

What did he actually outline in terms of what was to be done. Did he demand that SA root out insurgents, stop propagating hard line Sharia law , have clear deadlines for democratic elections, womens rights etc?

Although, I would caution that the recent past shows that the devil is nearly always in the leaks after the 'official' story is released. So I would hold off on too much praise until the real story starts to emerge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Sure of course Trump is cosy with parts of the Muslim world like Saudi Arabia, he set up 8 different businesses there during the campaign alone and left them and all the other countries that line his family's pockets via private business ties off his travel ban list.

There's no careful watching required to see Jeanine Pirro frantically clicking that button to cut away from the clip, it's clear as day quite comical. Which really wouldn't even be a thing had Trump (and the likes of FOX) not jumped all over Obama for a bow back when he visited Saudi Arabia.

Funny enough the "healthiest president of all time" or whatever that ridiculous doctor's note said is reportedly exhausted after a few days abroad (which in part explains his need to take a holiday almost every week - at his own resorts and on the taxpayers dollar no less). That's from RedState.com, so "liberal media" isn't cutting it as a "la la la I can't hear you" excuse - http://www.redstate.com/sweetie15/2017/05/21/trump-stamina-issues-abroad .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Christy42

Celticfire wrote: »
    Trump welcomed into the heart of the Muslim world.Deals worth hundreds of billions of Dollars, Meeting with numerous head's of Muslim countrys, a speech given to Muslim world leaders on coming together to combat terrorism. What could be considered a good visit by a President by any measure.

Oh look...... if you listen closely you can hear what sounds like "damnit" :rolleyes:

No damnit from me. I am more than happy for him to start acting more like Obama and less like Trump. I sincerely hope he keeps this up and the craziness of the rest of his policies and speeches disappears.

Note that he switched to the more traditional political tactic of being careful at how he referred to Islamic extremism (something Obama was derided for).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Trump had very little to do with these deals, he is simply signing them but the groundwork was already in place. I do praise Melania and Ivanka for not donning headscarves, it sends out the right signal. On the negative, Ivanka giving a speech about how SA is helping with Womens rights and accepting $100m pledge to UN as some sort of positive shrieks of pandering. SA basically deny all womens rights but give us ($100m is nothing to SA) and we will allow you a pass. (It is not just the US that do this, btw, our own government seems complicit in this international acceptance of SA practices).

The Muslim world is no different than Ireland in terms of how they can deal with Trump. Whilst it might not agree with his rethoric, they really have no option but to try to work with the US.

In terms of how the visit went, I doubt anyone really expected a car crash. These things are staged managed, both by the WH and the visited country. What he says in his speeches is irrelevant. As the right continually says about Obama, great speaker but achieved nothing.

Trump giving a prepared speech is hardly groundbreaking, but shows how far his stock is that failing to make a spectacle of himself is worthy or praise. The problem is that given his past utterances it is clear that Trump does not want to work with Muslims, he wants to exclude them. So they will likely sit there and clap, shower him with praise and tell him how important he is (for that is the best way to get him on your side) and then ignore him once he flies away.

What did he actually outline in terms of what was to be done. Did he demand that SA root out insurgents, stop propagating hard line Sharia law , have clear deadlines for democratic elections, womens rights etc?

Although, I would caution that the recent past shows that the devil is nearly always in the leaks after the 'official' story is released. So I would hold off on too much praise until the real story starts to emerge

It just goes to show its not Trumps own work, but he will take the credit.

I do praise Melania and Ivanka for not donning headscarves, it sends out the right signal.
    I would generally agree, however the never ending face palm machine that is Trump's Twitter account does not.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/560839957426999297

Is there actually a single thing he has done since January 20th that he does not have a corresponding Tweet from before January 20th criticising that exact same thing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,685 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

The speech was well crafted in advance and not strayed from by Don, references to Arab countries and Sunni Islam pointing to Iran as different. Bit silly of Fox News to deliberately ignore the honour bestowed on Don and how he had to lower his head to let the medal ribbon be placed over it. Can't say Don will be happy with the clear insult to him from Fox: kowtowing to Muslims for gold.

I was wondering at the rapidity of the arms deals. Good to know they're years in the making. It'll probably be initially from pre-positioned stocks in the Mid-East or Europe [as collateral] before the new goods are supplied from the US by plane and ship. Israel will probably get some as well, as the safe sea route to Saudi ports come close to it and Jordan.

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    It just goes to show its not Trumps own work, but he will take the credit.

As every politician does and will always do. I don't really have an issue with that, but it's when supporters come on parroting the line that it becomes annoying as they are buying into the nonsense.

Did trump bring up the terrible human rights record of SA? Did he bring up the lack of democracy? The crackdown on social media (such as Twitter etc). Did he bring up the issue that currently it is illegal to even suggest that the royal family is not the best to govern.

Did he bring up the apparent non acceptance of Western values (womens rights, drinking etc) within SA yet at the same time looking to be treated equally with the West? (I'm not saying that have to fully endorse them but to be accepting of their cultural background).

Did he ascertain what the weapons were earmarked for?

And you can bet that this deal, like all others is not one sided. US will have probably agreed to take certain levels of oil etc from SA to balance the books.

Being a leader is not simply reading a few speeches, does anyone consider Price Charles a leader? Trumps rethoric during the election, and winning it, actually placed him in a strong position. He could have demanded that SA deal with the issues with terrorism, lead the charge to bring together the, seemingly, diverging West and ME worldviews. He could have demanded that SA play a lead role in changing the narrative about 'evil West' etc. This would do more to counter terrorism than revoking visa's or blowing up Syria.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Id like to ask him how he squares "crushing ISIS" with selling weapons to the people who fund and support ISIS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Celticfire

demfad wrote: »
    One problem: what happened is not what you described.

The deal was prepared by Obama NOT Trump but was stalled as potentially illegal.

You have a link to that?

From the WP
    Obama, who sold about $115 billion in U.S. weapons to Saudi Arabia during his eight years as president, had slowed military cooperation with the kingdom in large part because of what it considered Saudi Arabia’s indiscriminate bombing of civilians in Yemen. The Trump deal puts those agreements back on track and expands them.

Trump not only ignored this and claimed it as his own but also gave them a discount and allowed them to donate $110 million to Ivanka's "Charity".

He also ignore completely any potential illegality of the deal.

From the WP
    The State Department has approved a resumption of weapons sales
    Would the state department not be in a better position than you to decide the legality of the deal?

What's wrong with Ivanka's charity and why would they need permission from Trump to donate money to it?
    He implied Iran was the enemy and chief funder of ISIS when in fact it is Saudi Arabia.
    Can I have a link please?
    He used the words 'Islamic terrorism' instead of 'Islamist terrorism'. He missed the evenings events due to exhaustion. This was day 1 of tour.

Slip of the tongue...
    He's not the only president to ever be tired.... even Obama was a little pooped in 2009 when meeting Gordon Brown.

Trump had very little to do with these deals, he is simply signing them but the groundwork was already in place.

The Obama deal was agreed in 2009.... That's quite a few year ago. It's Trumps signature on the expanded deal this time.

I do praise Melania and Ivanka for not donning headscarves, it sends out the right signal. On the negative, Ivanka giving a speech about how SA is helping with Womens rights and accepting $100m pledge to UN as some sort of positive shrieks of pandering. SA basically deny all womens rights but give us ($100m is nothing to SA) and we will allow you a pass. (It is not just the US that do this, btw, our own government seems complicit in this international acceptance of SA practices).

I don't think they are getting a pass in all fairness, even Ivanka has stated that the need to do more. I agree that the policies in SA against women as nothing to be lauded.

Is that not a good thing for all to try to work together. We don't agree with a lot of what Muslim country's policies are either.

There were plenty hoping that the Muslim hating Trump would fall flat on his face.

Billy86 wrote: »
    Sure of course Trump is cosy with parts of the Muslim world like Saudi Arabia, he set up 8 different businesses there during the campaign alone and left them and all the other countries that line his family's pockets via private business ties off his travel ban list.

I thought it was a Muslim ban... Was that not how it was touted?
    Priebus said Trump's executive order that temporarily bans nearly all travel to the United States from seven nations were "identified by the Obama administration as the seven most dangerous countries in the world in regard to harboring terrorists."

Prompted by concerns about terrorism, the Obama administration did put those seven countries -- Iraq, Syria, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia and Yemen -- on a list that makes travel into the United States somewhat more difficult.

There's no careful watching required to see Jeanine Pirro frantically clicking that button to cut away from the clip, it's clear as day quite comical. Which really wouldn't even be a thing had Trump (and the likes of FOX) not jumped all over Obama for a bow back when he visited Saudi Arabia.

Funny enough the "healthiest president of all time" or whatever that ridiculous doctor's note said is reportedly exhausted after a few days abroad (which in part explains his need to take a holiday almost every week - at his own resorts and on the taxpayers dollar no less). That's from RedState.com, so "liberal media" isn't cutting it as a "la la la I can't hear you" excuse - http://www.redstate.com/sweetie15/2017/05/21/trump-stamina-issues-abroad .

Meh

As every politician does and will always do. I don't really have an issue with that, but it's when supporters come on parroting the line that it becomes annoying as they are buying into the nonsense.

Well if that's the case then no President or leader should ever get credit with treaty's or deals that they sign. All work that goes into these deals and treaties is done by civil servants and behind the scene people that will never get credit. Fact is Trump signed the deal.
    Did trump bring up the terrible human rights record of SA? Did he bring up the lack of democracy? The crackdown on social media (such as Twitter etc). Did he bring up the issue that currently it is illegal to even suggest that the royal family is not the best to govern.

Did he bring up the apparent non acceptance of Western values (womens rights, drinking etc) within SA yet at the same time looking to be treated equally with the West? (I'm not saying that have to fully endorse them but to be accepting of their cultural background).

And if he had there would be no shortage of people calling him an Islamophobe and decrying him for trying to do so.

And you can bet that this deal, like all others is not one sided. US will have probably agreed to take certain levels of oil etc from SA to balance the books.

Being a leader is not simply reading a few speeches, does anyone consider Price Charles a leader? Trumps rethoric during the election, and winning it, actually placed him in a strong position. He could have demanded that SA deal with the issues with terrorism, lead the charge to bring together the, seemingly, diverging West and ME worldviews. He could have demanded that SA play a lead role in changing the narrative about 'evil West' etc. This would do more to counter terrorism than revoking visa's or blowing up Syria.

He can't even get Judges in USA to agree that having a travel pause from countries that lack ways to verify identities of travelers coming to US is a good idea without being called an Islamophobe but you think he should bully sovereign countries (Muslim country's) and demand that they do as he wishes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,372 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Well if that's the case then no President or leader should ever get credit with treaty's or deals that they sign. All work that goes into these deals and treaties is done by civil servants and behind the scene people that will never get credit. Fact is Trump signed the deal.

And if he had there would be no shortage of people calling him an Islamophobe and decrying him for trying to do so.

He can't even get Judges in USA to agree that having a travel pause from countries that lack ways to verify identities of travelers coming to US is a good idea without being called an Islamophobe but you think he should bully sovereign countries (Muslim country's) and demand that they do as he wishes.

If Trump's tweets and interviews are anything to go by, I very much doubt if he understood what he was signing.

I thought it was a Muslim ban... Was that not how it was touted?
    You clearly must have missed his failed attempts to bring in the ban, both of which left several countries off the list that his family makes money from.

https://twitter.com/bpolitics/status/824722049243480065
    Meh
    Translation: you have no answer to this, e.g. his doctors letter being a load of nonsense and he does not have the stamina to do his job (again something that might not be as much of an issue, had he and his supporters not made such a big issue of it with his opponent during the election cycle).

Completely untrue. Blair and Bertie rightfully get credit for the GFA. Cameron will always be credited with Brexit. But this is different. This is a commercial transactions. I'm not saying that it belongs to Obama either, but rather that Trump will have had little actual input into this. What does Trump even know about weapons? How could he possibly be involved in a deal when he knows nothing about it?

So he avoided it because he was scared of a backlash? This is the man that tells it likes it is, doesn't care of the PC brigade. Suddenly he becomes a hostage to what people say about him? Good grief.

Mexico (the wall), Germany (Nato bill) Australia (refugee agreement). My god, your level of hypocrisy is staggering. He is very capable of trying to bully countries, but he can't this time because?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,951 ✭✭✭✭listermint

You have a link to that?

From the WP

From the WP

Would the state department not be in a better position than you to decide the legality of the deal?

What's wrong with Ivanka's charity and why would they need permission from Trump to donate money to it?

Just on this piece Rex Tillerson is now the state department and no I would not trust anything out if it now . This deals and is appointment looks engineered and so was the clearance of the state department that he initiated.

As for ivanka and a charitable donation from a country he just signed a multi billion dollar deal with it.

I won't even bother with that one...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭demfad

You have a link to that?....Would the state department not be in a better position than you to decide the legality of the deal?

It is nothing to do with me. It is a legal issue of selling arms to a nation which is using them to commit atrocities:

Link

'A $110 billion arms deal with Saudi Arabia that President Donald Trump announced Saturday would be illegal because of the Saudis’ role in the ongoing conflict in Yemen, according to a legal analysis the Senate received Friday.'

The State department has been gutted under Trump with a cut of over 30% and devoid of key positions since Trump purged them shortly after he became president. They do what Tillerson says who does what Trump says who does what...well lets wait and see for now.

Doing a big financial favour for the presidents daughter on the same day a major arms deal is signed is bad practice. It gives the appearance at the very least of a connection. Even if innocent a leader should care enough about his country to avoid any misconception. He ploughs ahead anyway.

"At the time, the US government was not admitting that Saudi Arabia and its Sunni allies were supporting Isis and al-Qaeda-type movements."

Slip of the tongue...
    He's not the only president to ever be tired.... even Obama was a little pooped in 2009 when meeting Gordon Brown.

Obama saw it through. Trump retired and cancelled events, on the first say of his first foreign trip. Also Trump attacked his opponent in the presidential race for lacking stamina lauding his own. The amount of leisure time and TV time seemingly taken by Trump seems to imply yet another lie.

The Obama deal was agreed in 2009.... That's quite a few year ago. It's Trumps signature on the expanded deal this time.

Yep, 5 seconds of work for the big man. Time for a nap.

If Trump's tweets and interviews are anything to go by, I very much doubt if he understood what he was signing.

Bravo.... you got me.
    You clearly must have missed his failed attempts to bring in the ban, both of which left several countries off the list that his family makes money from.

https://twitter.com/bpolitics/status/824722049243480065

How about all the other Muslim majority country's that were left off the list that his family doesn't make money in?

Translation: you have no answer to this, e.g. his doctors letter being a load of nonsense and he does not have the stamina to do his job (again something that might not be as much of an issue, had he and his supporters not made such a big issue of it with his opponent during the election cycle).

There you go again... you really do love putting words into other peoples mouths as I pointed out before.
    Do I think a 70yo man is going to have the stamina of a younger man, no. Hence I don't see a big deal here. But if it's important to you then cool.

It is nothing to do with me. It is a legal issue of selling arms to a nation which is using them to commit atrocities:

Link

'A $110 billion arms deal with Saudi Arabia that President Donald Trump announced Saturday would be illegal because of the Saudis’ role in the ongoing conflict in Yemen, according to a legal analysis the Senate received Friday.'

You said Obama stopped selling because it was Illegal. I asked you to back that up. What you've posted is an opinion that was saught not a ruling in court and doesn't back up your claim.

"At the time, the US government was not admitting that Saudi Arabia and its Sunni allies were supporting Isis and al-Qaeda-type movements."

Sorry can I have the link please? That quote is not confirming what you said.

Obama saw it through. Trump retired and cancelled events, on the first say of his first foreign trip. Also Trump attacked his opponent in the presidential race for lacking stamina lauding his own. The amount of leisure time and TV time seemingly taken by Trump seems to imply yet another lie.

Yep, 5 seconds of work for the big man. Time for a nap.

Perhaps he felt it better to be well rested for the next day's important meeting with leaders.

Bravo.... you got me.

How about all the other Muslim majority country's that were left off the list that his family doesn't make money in?
    In that region, which ones are you referring to?
    There you go again... you really do love putting words into other peoples mouths as I pointed out before.
    Do I think a 70yo man is going to have the stamina of a younger man, no. Hence I don't see a big deal here. But if it's important to you then cool.
    So you don't think being able to do your job is an important part of being able to do your job? Because not having the stamina to do your job kind of impacts your ability to, well, do your job.

Let's make this really simple to avoid misunderstandings. Do you agree with the following statement: Donald Trump is unequivocally the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency.

You said Obama stopped selling because it was Illegal. I asked you to back that up. What you've posted is an opinion that was saught not a ruling in court and doesn't back up your claim.

Yes it does. My claim was that this deal was potentially illegal. This is what caused the Obama admin to back off. Surely Trump has a duty to make sure sales of arms are not to regimes that will use them to commit atrocities. As recently as Friday US congress was receiving advice that this may be the case. He did not know if his actions were legal or not. He ploughed on regardless
    Sorry can I have the link please? That quote is not confirming what you said.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/hillary-clinton-wikileaks-email-isis-saudi-arabia-qatar-us-allies-funding-barack-obama-knew-all-a7362071.html
    The memo says: “We need to use our diplomatic and more traditional intelligence assets to bring pressure on the governments of Qatar and Saudi Arabia, which are providing clandestine financial and logistic support to Isis and other radical groups in the region.” This was evidently received wisdom in the upper ranks of the US government, but never openly admitted because to it was held that to antagonise Saudi Arabia, the Gulf monarchies, Turkey and Pakistan would fatally undermine US power in the Middle East and South Asia.

Iran would not fund a Sunni based movement like ISIS. They are enemies.
    Perhaps he felt it better to be well rested for the next day's important meeting with leaders.

Stop inventing excuses for him. He is president of the USA. If he makes commitments he is expected to keep them. If he doesn't have the stamina then judgement should be shown and this should be factored in to timetabling. If there was a round of golf on offer I am pretty damn sure he would have found the energy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

Michael Flynn refusing subpoena apparently.

And of course, there is an appropriate Trump quote: ""If you're innocent, why are you taking the fifth amendment?" - Donald J. Trump "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

listermint wrote: »
    Just on this piece Rex Tillerson is now the state department and no I would not trust anything out if it now .

Trump has successfully strangled the state department by not staffing it. So the diplomatic gaffes will continue no doubt.

Apparently in Israel Tillerson referred to Tel Aviv as "The Seat Of Judaism".

And the white house tried to put off Netanyahu accompanying trump to the wailing wall because they claimed it was part if the west bank.

Then there's the nonsense of moving the embassy to Jerusalem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

In

Let's make this really simple to avoid misunderstandings. Do you agree with the following statement: Donald Trump is unequivocally the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency.

Low Energy Trump..........

I dont think there is any insult he has dished out over the years that he has done himself now. The greatest two faced president ever...

Golfing
    Bowing to the king
    Low energy
    Transparency
    Electoral college
    Employment numbers
    Etc
    Etc

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Yesterday the Supreme Court threw out South Carolina's republican gerrymandered congressional boundaries.
    It will be left to a bipartisan electoral boundary commission to redraw the districts instead of republican party officials.

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Yesterday the Supreme Court threw out South Carolina's republican gerrymandered congressional boundaries.
    It will be left to a bipartisan electoral boundary commission to redraw the districts instead of republican party officials.
    Was it North Carolina? I know there are several being looked at at the moment.

Two districts both overruled, one unanimous and another in a 5-3 ruling. And, to be fair, it should be pointed out that Gorsuch voted against both districts - Alito, Roberts & Kennedy argued against the 1st District. John Roberts (Bush Jnr appointment), Samuel Alito (Bush Jnr) and Anthony Kennedy (Raegan) voted against the second.

One problem: what happened is not what you described.

The deal was prepared by Obama NOT Trump but was stalled as potentially illegal.
    Trump not only ignored this.....
    Yes it does. My claim was that this deal was potentially illegal. This is what caused the Obama admin to back off.

You linked to a Huffington post article dated the 19th of this month. Can you please show me where Obama administration stalled the deal due to it being potentially Illegal ( which is not the same as Illegal BTW)
    He implied Iran was the enemy and chief funder of ISIS when in fact it is Saudi Arabia.

I don't think you gave the right link.

Completely untrue. Blair and Bertie rightfully get credit for the GFA. Cameron will always be credited with Brexit. But this is different. This is a commercial transactions. I'm not saying that it belongs to Obama either, but rather that Trump will have had little actual input into this. What does Trump even know about weapons? How could he possibly be involved in a deal when he knows nothing about it?

So knowledge of weapons is required for him to get credit with the deal? He's going to be coming home with hundreds of billions of dollars worth of business , do you really think he gives a damn if his detractors give him credit or not.

So he avoided it because he was scared of a backlash? This is the man that tells it likes it is, doesn't care of the PC brigade. Suddenly he becomes a hostage to what people say about him? Good grief.

Perhaps he's not as uncouth as you'd like.

Mexico (the wall), Germany (Nato bill) Australia (refugee agreement). My god, your level of hypocrisy is staggering. He is very capable of trying to bully countries, but he can't this time because?

Same level as yours.... when he doesn't bully it's now a bad thing.
    In that region, which ones are you referring to?

The ones that have ways to verify and authenticate travelers to the US.

So you don't think being able to do your job is an important part of being able to do your job? Because not having the stamina to do your job kind of impacts your ability to, well, do your job.

Stamina =/= health. Can you tell me what health issues he has apart from slightly elevated cholesterol?
    Asked how he could justify the hyperbole, Bornstein said, "I like that sentence to be quite honest with you and all the rest of them are either sick or dead."

If they're your big issues with the trip then so be it.

You linked to a Huffington post article dated the 19th of this month. Can you please show me where Obama administration stalled the deal due to it being potentially Illegal ( which is not the same as Illegal BTW)

US halts arms sale to Saudi Arabia over civilian casualties in Yemen

Once again no mention of potential illegality being the reason. It's not that I disagree with Obama halting sales of arms to SA over civilian deaths. But if he halted sales over illegal or potentially illegal sales this fact would be reported.

The ones that have ways to verify and authenticate travelers to the US.
    So which are they?
    Stamina =/= health. Can you tell me what health issues he has apart from slightly elevated cholesterol?
    I hate to break it to you, but it does.

health
    a person's mental or physical condition.
    "bad health forced him to retire"
    synonyms: state of health, physical state, physical health, physical shape, condition, constitution, form

And as per the WHO: The World Health Organization (WHO) defined health in its broader sense in its 1948 constitution as "a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity."

Being in poor physical condition = lacking health. And as mentioned, it is preventing him from doing his job.

Apart from that, there is also the whole narcissism issue and his general showings of poor mental health since taking office, as has been pointed to by professionals in the field.

So in light of that, do you agree with the following statement: Donald Trump is unequivocally the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency.

So which are they?

The world is a lot bigger than that region and just because you found a meme to support your bias doesn't affirm your statement. The fact is that the vast majority of Muslims were not affected and for you to try to pick a geographical area of relatively stable country's that are surrounded by countries that can't verify travelers identities still doesn't prove that Trump only banned country's he didn't invest in.
    I hate to break it to you, but it does.

health
    a person's mental or physical condition.
    synonyms: state of health, physical state, physical health, physical shape, condition, constitution, form

And as per the WHO: The World Health Organization (WHO) defined health in its broader sense in its 1948 constitution as "a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity."

Being in poor physical condition = lacking health. And as mentioned, it is preventing him from doing his job.

Apart from that, there is also the whole narcissism issue and his general showings of poor mental health since taking office, as has been pointed to by professionals in the field.

That's some long winded way of proving absolutely nothing.
    So in light of that, do you agree with the following statement: Donald Trump is unequivocally the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency.

Considering you are the only person to issue this statement I'll give it the consideration it deserves.....none.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,685 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Going back to the W/H PR people. Fox is covering the issue from both sides; 1. reporting that Melania Trump is talking to Don about an alleged poor performance by the W/H PR people and that W/H staffers are talking up dissent there while 2. reporting W/H denials of the Melania story. The truth will probably be in any PR staffers leaving the job any time soon. A week is a long time in politics.

Don has reportedly "clarified" on part of the conversation between him and the Russians in the Oval Office meeting " I never used the word Israel, never mentioned Israel". That mention was never included in any of the leaks from the W/House in reference to the Oval Office {behind closed doors] meeting.

Looking at the two wives in stylish black and the two men in dark blue suits, white shirts and blue ties, seems the protocol people were working away goodo on appearances.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement