Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President 'The Donald' Trump and Surprising Consequences - Mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'll be honest. His election and the subsequent instability in Immigration has led me to put any plans I had for US trips on hold. Things appear to be calmer now, but as a previous poster said, the visible support for him (and what he represents) that has developed into mainstream view is not at all attractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

At a loss as to what this means? Press coverage perhaps?
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/869766994899468288

• Registered Users Posts: 11,685 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Lolling at RTE news statement; they have no idea what Don meant either, you'll have to wait for Don to explain it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

aloyisious wrote: »
    Lolling at RTE news statement; they have no idea what Don meant either, you'll have to wait for Don to explain it.

Spicer: Covfefe was always a priority for the President.

Ryan: I am focusing on what's in my covfefe.

Conway: Trump is making alternative sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,372 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

It's all very confefe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,220 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Spicer: Not only is covfefe a real word, it's the greatest word ever.

In reality Spicer is going to wake up and think "Aww fcuk"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

JRant wrote: »
    I'd say the relative strength of the dollar, especially to the euro, is a main contributory factor in the decline of visitors. Trump may be a small factor but I just don't think it's the main one.
    Part of the reason I said the summer should be quite telling, as the next few weeks/months will tell us that as the dollar has slipped from about 96c to 89c against the Euro over the last two months or so.

Grayson wrote: »
    Spicer: Not only is covfefe a real word, it's the greatest word ever.

In reality Spicer is going to wake up and think "Aww fcuk"

http://www.alternative-dictionaries.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭demfad

ts8n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

At a loss as to what this means? Press coverage perhaps?
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/869766994899468288

It's like someone came up behind him with chloroform mid tweet and he just had time to press "send".

Whatever happened, he's broken the internet for today.

It's a bold strategy. This might take more attention off the Russia stuff than a MOAB strike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,420 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Remember folks, Trump says he doesn't drink or do drugs.

His tiny fingers must have a hard time reaching the right parts of his iphone screen

It's like someone came up behind him with chloroform mid tweet and he just had time to press "send".

Whatever happened, he's broken the internet for today.

It's a bold strategy. This might take more attention off the Russia stuff than a MOAB strike.

4D ceschfefe

• Registered Users Posts: 14,175 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Akrasia wrote: »
    Remember folks, Trump says he doesn't drink or do drugs.

His tiny fingers must have a hard time reaching the right parts of his iphone screen

He uses Android, I remember that because he refused to give up his regular android phone and there was concern it could be hacked............good thing it wasn't a private server or anything

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Covfefe; Definition. A message, sent by social media, that makes no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,635 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

it shows how far down the rabbit hole we have sunk when this is news. The man made a typing error, can't even bring himself to admit it and now people are busy trying to interpret what he was trying to say.

It doesn't matter what he was trying to say, he ended up saying nothing at all. And know he thinks its a great game to have people try to work it out. Yeah, as we know from his speeches and other tweets his use of language is legendary.

I wouldn't be trying to read too much into it, Leroy.

Water John wrote: »
    I wouldn't be trying to read too much into it, Leroy.

To a certain extend I agree.

However, we are currently witnessing a major fissure the relationship between Europe and US (particularly Germany and France).

NK continues to test missiles with little effect. Trump is still to decide whether he actually thinks climate change is real of still a Chinese ruse.

And what is leading the stories across the major media outlets and on the internet. Trumps inability to string more than 5 coherent words together.

Its all such a great laugh. Look at the funny man, with the funny tweets.

People have confused this with him being more open, more transparent. Its not transparent then the extra info you are being given is either made up or wrong.

OK, deep breath, rant over!

Leroy42 wrote: »
    To a certain extend I agree.

However, we are currently witnessing a major fissure the relationship between Europe and US (particularly Germany and France).

NK continues to test missiles with little effect. Trump is still to decide whether he actually thinks climate change is real of still a Chinese ruse.

And what is leading the stories across the major media outlets and on the internet. Trumps inability to string more than 5 coherent words together.

Its all such a great laugh. Look at the funny man, with the funny tweets.

People have confused this with him being more open, more transparent. Its not transparent then the extra info you are being given is either made up or wrong.

OK, deep breath, rant over!

But he is a funny man with funny tweets. Nobody takes him seriously anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Leroy42 wrote: »
    inow people are busy trying to interpret what he was trying to say.

No, people are laughing at a clown.

i only wish that were true. There are millions of Americans who take he very seriously indeed and think he is doing right by them.

• Advertisement

Remember, the greatest offence to a narscissist is, to be laughed at.
    We Irish, especially know, once you are mocked, all your power is gone.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Yes, but also a very dangerous man with the power to screw up the lives of people around the world on a whim and not realise or care what or how he did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,997 ✭✭✭Christy42

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/31/trump-paris-climate-change-agreement-238974

Just to prove how dangerous an idiot with power is. He was even too much of a coward to face stand by this decision to other world leaders. He was with them and had to wait till he could run and hide from them to announce it.

I mean not the first time a Republican has attempted to destroy something that could actually provide a future for future generations so it makes future agreements that much harder. I mean what is the point in making a long term agreement with the US when they will simply change their minds as soon as a Republican gets back into office.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Nobody takes him seriously anymore.

Today he rolled back the rule that contraception coverage is covered by employer health coverage.

He's certainly being taken seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭demfad

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Today he rolled back the rule that contraception coverage is covered by employer health coverage.

It's important to remember that much of Trump's base is the white Christian right. He promised the powerful umbrella organisation the CNP (Council for National Policy) everything they asked for. Bannon is a member and KA Conway is on its exec. They are Christian Statists and are deep in the admin. Russia was able to get influence with this group through the world Congress of families which is an annual event involving rich right wing Christians predominantly from Russia and USA.
    This dovetailed well with the influence they gained through their oiligarch billionaires raising a powerful scheister elite in the US and elsewhere.
    Trump is a member of this latter group.
    The Religious base will be slow to leave Trump. They have been many years trying to control US Government since Dick DeVos (Betsy father in las) was founder member in early 80s. Many abhor Trump but wont walk away from his promises.
    Russian and local influence has slowly nudged and weakened the crack between secular and fundamentalist US capitalism till it is the chasm we see today.
    This was a long game by Russia but they supported a fundamentalist US gov as well as Trump.
    They helped segregate that christian block and gave them their outsider leader from the scheister element they supported.

See three people investigating Ivanka's manufacturing plant in China are missing. This could go very bad.
    If this is not resolved, pronto, a boycott of all Trump businesses should be initiated.

InTheTrees wrote: »

The man is ridiculous. He's just an inarticulate and gullible mouthpiece for those that advise him. Without craven elements of the GOP and his manipulators advisors, Trump couldn't decide whether to have tea or coffee let alone be an effective POTUS.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,420 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Christy42 wrote: »
    http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/31/trump-paris-climate-change-agreement-238974

Just to prove how dangerous an idiot with power is. He was even too much of a coward to face stand by this decision to other world leaders. He was with them and had to wait till he could run and hide from them to announce it.

I mean not the first time a Republican has attempted to destroy something that could actually provide a future for future generations so it makes future agreements that much harder. I mean what is the point in making a long term agreement with the US when they will simply change their minds as soon as a Republican gets back into office.

Of course Trump is gonna pull out of the Paris Agreement. Its the stupidest thing he could do, so as the stupidest president in history, his hands are tied

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Environmental damage caused by pulling out of the Paris accords, and the inevitable death toll, is on the head of Trump and every single one of his supporters. The stupidity of ignoring the greatest threat to our species is truly staggering.

• Advertisement

wes wrote: »
    Environmental damage caused by pulling out of the Paris accords, and the inevitable death toll, is on the head of Trump and every single one of his supporters. The stupidity of ignoring the greatest threat to our species is truly staggering.

Make America Great Again. Stupid people.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement