Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President 'The Donald' Trump and Surprising Consequences - Mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    'clean coal', ffs, are people really buying this ****!

What do you expect from a party which backs "Teach The Controversy"?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,372 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Confirmed. Planet definitely doomed now. Americans deserve everything they get from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,428 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Confirmed. Planet definitely doomed now. Americans deserve everything they get from now on.

i disagree there, many still dont realise they have been conned by a fool and an extremely dangerous party

• Registered Users Posts: 14,372 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    i disagree there, many still dont realise they have been conned by a fool and an extremely dangerous party

They voted him in. It's their fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭red ears

Itssoeasy wrote: »

I found this interesting from CNN. They got trump supporters to give their opinion on how good trump is doing. I feel so bad for the two guys at the back. They seem to be at different stages of buyers remorse over voting for trump.

You are going to take a CNN piece on Trump as objective??

• Advertisement

They voted him in. It's their fault.

some did, some didnt

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I don't care if a person believes in climate change or not, but no one should believe that polluting is ok.

This is the worst decision so far by Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Goodbye environment. Trump is despicable fool. Dark times to be alive!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I think it will be recorded in the long run of our history (if we get a history:confused:) that our failure to recognise Putin for what he is, was a large part of our problems.

Putin has for over a decade demonstrated his dictatorial ambitions, and not just shown them but 'actioned' them. Whether for diplomatic, or sheer hope, reasons we have tolerated/ignored his many egregious encroachments on democracy and human rights.

There are reasons to be cheerful. It might not look like it now, but smart, patriotic Americans working in the intelligence agencies are working hard to remove this tool because they know exactly how compromised he is.

Notice the leaks for the past few weeks. These are strategic. These leaks are happening to scare those around Trump. The info about the request for a back-channel, for example, tells Trump and his allies that that they've been monitoring the Russians all along. Whether they have or not doesn't matter. This has them running around scared and yelling "Fake News" until they change their stories and lawyer up. They keep lying and getting caught.

These Trump people are really scrambling. They can't get their stories straight. Shouting "Fake News" is falling on deaf ears. Poor Spicer looks like he's going to go Budd Dwyer at any moment. Devin Nunes is acting all weird. Most Republicans are in hiding at the moment because it's harder to defend him.

His approval rating keeps dropping, even among his biggest fans. This is what really matters. It'll cause republicans to distance themselves from him as they are already doing.

Even Fox News are having a hard time. Their narrative now is moving closer to "So what if he's a Russian Spy, it's not against the law". The rest of the media knows that he's a joke and they're being more open in their disgust. See Anderson Cooper. Morning Joe has flipped on him.

This idiot has insulted the Intelligence Community and the media. Whatever about the media, you don't fúck with your IC.

His behaviour with the Russians is obvious. This Russian story isn't going away - it's getting worse. Closer and closer to the top. It might not happen tomorrow but it will happen. He's fúcked and soon he'll know it.

Now, what happens afterwards? There will be massive anti-russian sentiment. When the truth comes out, and it will regardless of any stunts, Russia will be sanctioned like never before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

****ing American administration, dumb ****s.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

red ears wrote: »

I found this interesting from CNN. They got trump supporters to give their opinion on how good trump is doing. I feel so bad for the two guys at the back. They seem to be at different stages of buyers remorse over voting for trump.

You are going to take a CNN piece on Trump as objective??
    Not at all. Clearly this was Trump voters on Trump. We saw the mental illness of the new York woman, and we saw the opinions of the two lads at the back who clearly seem to fit the large portion of voters disillusioned with the entire system that Trump successfully conned, which is exactly what many of us were saying all along as he is a career conman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Anyway, this is the next big step in China becoming the main global superpower over the US. This is americas brexit, and short of the next president racing to do whatever they can to reverse all of it, I don't know that I see them recovering.

June 1st, 2017 - remember the date.

Absolutely, China had already started investing billions into green energy and saying how it wants others to follow. They're already making pacts with the EU and Trump's moves are nothing short of isolationism​. China holding the moral trump (ha) card over the US in a stroke of a pen.

He'll get his wall, but it'll be metaphorical rather than physical.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Inquitus wrote: »
    This to my mind is the most despicable thing Trump has done to date, by some margin, hopefully his presidency fails in the meantime.

The whole make America great again thing is been shown to be a shame(not that I believed it was anything else frankly) and like the Video I posted above of trump voters on CNN. Some trump voters thankfully are seeing him for the conman he actually is. I hope that more of his base see the light soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭abff

Just when I thought he was no longer capable of surprising (i.e. appalling) me.....

Hopefully, this will be seen at the moment when he finally, irrevocably shot himself in the foot. America first = America only and the rest of the world can go to h*ll. Words fail me!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Bannon's War, on RTE 1, ATM.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

The whole make America great again thing is been shown to be a shame(not that I believed it was anything else frankly) and like the Video I posted above of trump voters on CNN. Some trump voters thankfully are seeing him for the conman he actually is. I hope that more of his base see the light soon.
    Actually he's successfully shot American companies in the foot by doing this; not only will there be less money for green tech which has a world wide market, the US tech will neither be allowed / used by the rest of the world because it pollutes to much. The fact that there are already more people in the USA involved in wind power than coal alone is telling but Trump thinks this will somehow magically bring back the jobs (it will not; the world has moved on and he's to much of a fool to see it and simply trusted a few morons in his core team). The net result will be American companies will not only fall behind on technology (less state support, no domestic market) but USA is also see as not trustworthy and sticking to agreed deals. His spiel about negotiation is empty air; there's no one to negotiate a new deal with in the first place.

China on the other hand are grateful for USA handing over the world to them inc. green tech market for decades to come.

California, Washington and New York, amongst others, have said they'll coalesce against the federal government's withdrawal from the accord.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    California, Washington and New York, amongst others, have said they'll coalesce against the federal government's withdrawal from the accord.

im expecting a big backlash from this decision, not just within the country, but globally. this administration is really isolating itself

• Advertisement

Macron's speech about it is live on CNN at the moment, he's calling on the scientists over there to come work in France on solutions to this. Short and sweet in English, but damning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭blackcard

Only two countries in the civilized world are against the Paris Accord, Syria and Nicaragua. The USA are also against it.

Nicagura because they said it wasn't enough, Syria for obvious reasons didn't attend I think, rather than opposed it.

Nody wrote: »
    Actually he's successfully shot American companies in the foot by doing this; not only will there be less money for green tech which has a world wide market, the US tech will neither be allowed / used by the rest of the world because it pollutes to much. The fact that there are already more people in the USA involved in wind power than coal alone is telling but Trump thinks this will somehow magically bring back the jobs (it will not; the world has moved on and he's to much of a fool to see it and simply trusted a few morons in his core team). The net result will be American companies will not only fall behind on technology (less state support, no domestic market) but USA is also see as not trustworthy and sticking to agreed deals. His spiel about negotiation is empty air; there's no one to negotiate a new deal with in the first place.

China on the other hand are grateful for USA handing over the world to them inc. green tech market for decades to come.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/29/business/coal-jobs-trump-appalachia.html?_r=0

That's the truth. He's screwing with a genuine growth area (250k currently working in renewables, and would rise vs 55k or so in mining -and that's only going to go one way) in the name of populism. Bizarre.

Ironic thing is the withdrawal date is one day after the 2020 election.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

blackcard wrote: »
    Only two countries in the civilized world are against the Paris Accord, Syria and Nicaragua. The USA are also against it.

Very good 😀😀

They're calling it the United States Climate Alliance

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/870394672274952196

blackcard wrote: »

Nicaragua only didn't sign it because they felt the measures included in it didn't go far enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Mancomb Seepgood

The rest of the world will have to move on without them.A practical response we can all make is to pressure our own politicians to take action on climate change seriously and not use US inaction as an excuse.

Nonetheless,this dangerous,stupid man has done damage to his country that may well be irreparable.The sooner he goes the better,and the same goes for the useful idiots in the Republican party.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Nody wrote: »
    Actually he's successfully shot American companies in the foot by doing this; not only will there be less money for green tech which has a world wide market, the US tech will neither be allowed / used by the rest of the world because it pollutes to much.
    This is the biggest impact. US exports could start seeing a major dip as other countries move to penalise US produce which cannot prove adherence to Paris.

And there's no way around this. It's not like there are alternative markets to run to, every other country on earth has signed up to this and has committed to it.

I wouldn't be surprised if the big flagship companies like Google, Facebook and Apple start strategically repositioning themselves formally as non-US companies to avoid any penalties they might incur for being American.

This is one of the first times in modern history that the US has chosen a direction on a major issue and the rest of the world has said, "Fine, we're gonna do this without you". Goes to show the damage Trump has done to US credibility in such a short time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Macron's speech about it is live on CNN at the moment, he's calling on the scientists over there to come work in France on solutions to this. Short and sweet in English, but damning.

The little bit I've seen of macron is he seems to be a straight shooter which I like. And he seems to be willing to not take trumps guff.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement