Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President 'The Donald' Trump and Surprising Consequences - Mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Nothing earth shattering then. Trump will survive to wreak more havoc for the next four years.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,175 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Comey "Release all the tapes"

Says he hopes Trump does have tapes and he consents to having them all released if they exist.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭SkepticQuark

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    Nothing earth shattering then. Trump will survive to wreak more havoc for the next four years.

To be honest I find Comey's accounts deeply concerning. Trump will survive even if he murdered someone if today's Republican line of questioning is anything to go by. What we are looking at is a party who will cling to power no matter what.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,175 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Won't answer whether he thinks Trump colluded with Russia in a public session.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 33,940 ✭✭✭✭listermint

roddy15 wrote: »
    To be honest I find Comey's accounts deeply concerning. Trump will survive even if he murdered someone if today's Republican line of questioning is anything to go by. What we are looking at is a party who will cling to power no matter what.

It's funny to see the republican questioning en masse is very transparent as to its aims. But the majority of democrat questioning is attempting to get facts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

I agree, but we all know how impossible Trump is. He is entrenched now, and he will get all the right "yes" men in place over the coming years. It is very disturbing. Nothing sticks to Trump, no matter what he says or does. It can only get worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

I love that analogy; if a robber is holding a gun to your head and is asking you for............

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    I agree, but we all know how impossible Trump is. He is entrenched now, and he will get all the right "yes" men in place over the coming years. It is very disturbing. Nothing sticks to Trump, no matter what he says or does. It can only get worse.
    Unless it's on the tapes and he goes as far as Nixon on the tapes with the special prosecutor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

The Republican from Texas using up his valuable time to run down the clock with some Clinton e-mail questions.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Looking forward to hearing more about the hookers in Russia conversation. Bet The Donald wishes he had gone to Galway instead.

• Advertisement

Jamiekelly wrote: »
    The Republican from Texas using up his valuable time to run down the clock with some Clinton e-mail questions.....

Someone needs to tell him what some Trump supporters like to shout "HILLARY LOST. GET OVER IT!"

Won't answer whether he thinks Trump colluded with Russia in a public session.

I was thinking about the three Int gents before the committee yesterday and their declining to answer simple questions. When you get so far into that world, you might see the obvious that others have missed and deliberately raise other [unasked] questions in others minds by not answering the first ones it leads [in a WTF are we missing here way] to more interrogative thought and questioning.
    It's a way of planting an idea in people's minds, saying a lot by saying little''.

Over half a million people on Youtube are watching the hearings right now across multiple channels. It's also notable that a lot of TV stations in the USA are running live coverage as well over their usual daytime schedules. This is a moment in history and I doubt Trump will survive this. He won't be able to play down the numbers on this because most of middle America are watching and it's only 12 months until the mid-term elections.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Ryan said that Trump is "new to this". Ah shur grand so.

Jesus McCain has really let himself go to ****.

Jamiekelly wrote: »
    Over half a million people on Youtube are watching the hearings right now across multiple channels. It's also notable that a lot of TV stations in the USA are running live coverage as well over their usual daytime schedules. This is a moment in history and I doubt Trump will survive this. He won't be able to play down the numbers on this because most of middle America are watching and it's only 12 months until the mid-term elections.

"But his inauguration crowd was so much bigger. PERIOD." ~ Sean Spicer at the next briefing.

EDIT: Jesus christ...McCain "the maverick" is pulling the usual Republican "but but HILLARY!" distraction.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Jesus McCain has really let himself go to ****.

He seemed to think comey was a candidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

He sounds confused.:confused:

John McCain is going around in circles here.

Jesus why is McCain even there....he can't even form a coherent sentence and Comey looks just as confused as he is.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    He seemed to think comey was a candidate.
    President Comey.

Comey should really go on the attack with McCain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

McCain has lost his mind.

Jesus Christ senator McCain the Clinton investigation wasn't about Russia. Jesus h. Christ.

I see what he did there, spent ages confusing Comey and so he could "HA HA! Double standards, why aren't you going after Hillary???"

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Is McCain senile?

Maybe he didn't get his nap today. The nurses are going to have their hands full tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I see what he did there, spent ages confusing Comey and so he could "HA HA! Double standards, why aren't you going after Hillary???"

Was it really as simple as that?

Trying to confuse stupid people by muddying the waters between the nature of the two investigations?

Why? He's mostly taken positions against Trump, with his words if not with his votes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

I think...i think McCain was asking why Clinton isn't being investigated in Russia's interference in the election, which makes little sense.

The committee chairman seems very informal with James comey. Jim ?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Hazys wrote: »
    I think...i think McCain was asking why Clinton isn't being investigated in Russia's interference in the election, which makes little sense.

It's enough to conflate the issue in the minds of many Trump supporters though. Wait until this evening on Fox News and they're going to try spin the narrative that Clinton was in cahoots with Russia.

Either that or he's a senile old man wittering on about President Comey.

• Advertisement

Gbear wrote: »
    Was it really as simple as that?

Trying to confuse stupid people by muddying the waters between the nature of the two investigations?

Why? He's mostly taken positions against Trump, with his words if not with his votes.

That's what I got out to it as soon as he started going on about "different standards" with how Comey concluded the Hillary investigation but not Trump's when both were about two separate things.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement