Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President 'The Donald' Trump and Surprising Consequences - Mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

aloyisious wrote: »

Another way of looking at media bias would also include the benefit of free advertising [due to news stories etc] on how the campaign was going - no news is bad news, so to speak, as people biased towards a preferred candidate [or the candidate least likely to damage one's desires] would get to hear what they wanted to hear and shut their ears to bad news.

That's true, and it backfired massively. The DNC wanted Trump to win the nomination.

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/5953

fCYnAij.png

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/11/hillary-clinton-2016-donald-trump-214428

Pied Piper candidates include, but aren’t limited to:
    • Ted Cruz
    • Donald Trump
    • Ben Carson

We need to be elevating the Pied Piper candidates so that they are leaders of the pack and tell the press to [take] them seriously."

• Registered Users Posts: 33,936 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I've only followed the media in the US since early summer of last year, and I can say without hesitating it was incredibly biased towards one candidate. You might find it hard to believe I had never heard of Trump before then, and had zero knowledge about Hillary Clinton. I seen with my own eyes what they were doing, even without the Wikileaks dumps confirming what was going on behind the scenes.

I find it hard to believe you have never heard of Trump.

Yes i really actually do find it hard to believe that

Following the man for 10 years before the media 'picked on him' i know him far better than you. So as i said its perplexing the continued defence of him and of how he treats the office of the president.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

rte's washington corespondent kathrina perri is 100 % pro-trump

Really ? I wouldn't have said that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

That's true, and it backfired massively. The DNC wanted Trump to win the nomination.

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/5953

fCYnAij.png

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/11/hillary-clinton-2016-donald-trump-214428

Pied Piper candidates include, but aren’t limited to:
    • Ted Cruz
    • Donald Trump
    • Ben Carson

We need to be elevating the Pied Piper candidates so that they are leaders of the pack and tell the press to [take] them seriously."

On that basis it must have been a kick on the teeth, or a rude awakening, depending on one's POV.

listermint wrote: »
    I find it hard to believe you have never heard of Trump.

Yes i really actually do find it hard to believe that

Following the man for 10 years before the media 'picked on him' i know him far better than you. So as i said its perplexing the continued defence of him and of how he treats the office of the president.

Where have I defended him in what I posted today. I've tried to maintain all along this story about Russian collusion isn't true and it's a false narrative.

I posted links to Comey's testimony and about the media bias and false reporting, that isn't a defense of him.

• Advertisement

Where I have defended him in what I posted today. I've tried to maintain all along this story about Russian collusion isn't true and it's a false narrative.

I posted links to Comey's testimony and about the media bias and false reporting, that isn't a defense of him.

You attacked the Media specifically CNN and NYT in defence of him and said they have a low standard of journalism.

You clearly hold CNN and NYT to a higher standard of reporting and factual information giving than you hold to this sitting president.

I ask you again, why you dont hold Trump to these lofty standards you give to Entertainment and news organisations.

He is the president afterall and it is the presidential office he speaks for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 only a nightmare

BREAKING NEWS,

IVANKA TRUMP HAS BLASTED RTE HARD-NOSED INTREPID NEUTRAL JOINALIST KATHRINA PERRI AS FAKE NEWS,

WHITE HOUSE ADMISSION REVOKED,

CAN RTE RECPOVER FROM THIS

You attacked the Media specifically CNN and NYT in defence of him and said they have a low standard of journalism.

So pointing out what they wrote isn't true is defending Trump? It's become the normal I think and people have no problem going along with it as long as it's damaging to him.

So pointing out what they wrote isn't true is defending Trump?

Ive asked you a question about the standard you hold for Trump, would you or would you not agree that based on the posts you have put out you have yet to hold Trump to the same level of factual evidence that you require of entertainment and news organisations.

Him being the president.

because its evident that you dont. That is what i am getting at.

Trump - can say whatever he likes
    Entertainment and news - they are really the dregs of society.

IF ONLY hILLARY WOULD HAVE WON,

I''M WITH HER,

IT WAS HER TURN

• Advertisement

Ive asked you a question about the standard you hold for Trump, would you or would you not agree that based on the posts you have put out you have yet to hold Trump to the same level of factual evidence that you require of entertainment and news organisations.

Him being the president.

because its evident that you dont. That is what i am getting at.

Trump - can say whatever he likes
    Entertainment and news - they are really the dregs of society.

Yes I do.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103534082&postcount=7824

That doesn't mean I have to go along with some narrative that I believe to be false. Note what I wrote in the third paragraph.

Yes I do.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103534082&postcount=7824

That doesn't mean I have to go along with some narrative that I believe to be false.

Its 1 post, you have since reversed into norm.

But look here its not a debate on your feelings towards trump they are blatantly evident.

Lets move back to the deflection and putting words into Comeys mouth and that of the wider IC who are clearly actively putting evidence together for the Special prosecutor.

Excellent.

Lets move back to the deflection and putting words into Comeys mouth and that of the wider IC who are clearly actively putting evidence together for the Special prosecutor.

What words did I put in Comey's mouth, I've posted two clips of what he said today and will post others to back up what I said.

To me, it's blatantly obvious you're willing to along with lies and a false narrative just to destroy Trump, that in itself is a disgusting attitude to have imo.

What words did I put in Comey's mouth, I've posted two clips of what he said today and will post others to back up what I said.

To me, it's blatantly obvious you're willing to along with lies and a false narrative just to destroy Trump, that in itself is a disgusting attitude to have imo.

Yes you have me in one, I am following all these incredulous planted stories that are ruining the character of a standup individual who just isnt getting a break with his presidency.

irish trump supporters should extend the hand of piece to clintons supporters,

why are we fighting among or selves,

just cos trump is assblastting clinton foundation

Yes you have me in one, I am following all these incredulous planted stories that are ruining the character of a standup individual who just isnt getting a break with his presidency.

Funnily enough, after today's hearings, that doesn't sound so inaccurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭SeamusFX

I've only followed the media in the US since early summer of last year, and I can say without hesitating it was incredibly biased towards one candidate. You might find it hard to believe I had never heard of Trump before then, and had zero knowledge about Hillary Clinton. I seen with my own eyes what they were doing, even without the Wikileaks dumps confirming what was going on behind the scenes.

So Hank, you never heard of Trump, loud mouth billionaire/Reality star who was been in the News for 40 years before last year and you had zero knowledge of a former Secretary of State, US Senator and aforementioned 1st lady. I find that very hard to believe?? Since you only started following the US media last year, I'd have to assume you aren't American, so how did you fall in love with Trump??

I've know about Trump for over 30 years and he has always been a liar and a fraud. He's one of those people - to know him is to hate him! You just don't know him enough, or you just haven't been paying attention!

Funnily enough, after today's hearings, that doesn't sound so inaccurate.

From Comey who said the president told lies. (his words 'liar')
    and that he felt he was being directed to stop an active investigation into Flynns involvement in Russian meddling.

An area the sitting president had no business getting involved in.

Yep okay...

SeamusFX wrote: »
    So Hank, you never heard of Trump, loud mouth billionaire/Reality star who was been in the News for 40 years before last year and you had zero knowledge of a former Secretary of State, US Senator and aforementioned 1st lady. I find that very hard to believe?? Since you only started following the US media last year, I'd have to assume you aren't American, so how did you fall in love with Trump??

I've know about Trump for over 30 years and he has always been a liar and a fraud. He's one of those people - to know him is to hate him! You just don't know him enough, or you just haven't been paying attention!

Or dont care,

There are those out there that just want to see the systems, the world torn down in some weird believe they can build it back up again in their vision.

SeamusFX wrote: »

And how would you characterize Hillary Clinton?

Both candidates were flawed, people got to choose one or the another.

• Advertisement

Both candidates were flawed, people got to chose one or the another.

An obvious politician with extensive global experienced, seasoned and the clear choice for President given the option of this other lunatic.

An obvious politician with extensive global experienced, seasoned and the clear choice for President given the option of this other lunatic.

Others may have a differing opinion.

You asked, i offered.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

If you can't see the damage that Trump has done in such a short space of time, you are being wilfully blind.

But maybe you don't really care about the international reputation of the USA. It's hard to know what long term effects (if any) that will have, but short term, it certainly is affecting credibility.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Ugh, that canard. It's the whole "a sprained ankle and a gaping chest wound are both painful" narrative.

But I guess even now some people feel the need to defend their support for someone who was never psychologically capable of being anything other than the worst president in US history.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭SeamusFX

How could Hillary be flawed, when you knew nothing about her? Oh, that was last year before you started following those great American media companies Fox News and Breitbart. Hillary may have some flaws, but Trump trumps that by a million miles!! Plus many of Hillary's flaws were indeed fake news, but almost all of Trump's flaws are true!

oscarBravo wrote: »

But I guess even now some people feel the need to defend their support for someone who was never psychologically capable of being anything other than the worst president in US history.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2017/03/22/how-many-trump-voters-really-regret-their-votes/?utm_term=.d8e82d2b7849

New poll: only 3% of Trump voters regret their vote

The Mood of the Nation Poll shows clearly that media attention to the #trumpregrets phenomenon is very misleading. For Trump’s supporters, any news reports that his first weeks as president have been rocky, unpresidential or worse have hardly mattered. There is virtually no regret.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2017/03/22/how-many-trump-voters-really-regret-their-votes/?utm_term=.d8e82d2b7849

New poll: only 3% of Trump voters regret their vote

The Mood of the Nation Poll shows clearly that media attention to the #trumpregrets phenomenon is very misleading. For Trump’s supporters, any news reports that his first weeks as president have been rocky, unpresidential or worse have hardly mattered. There is virtually no regret.

Well, no. Did you look at the date of that article? Did you look at the dates of the poll?

Well, no. Did you look at the date of that article?

I'd bet a decent amount it hasn't changed. I think people underestimate his base.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

I'd bet a decent amount it hasn't changed. I think people underestimate his base.

Hmmm. The date of the article is March 22nd and the research is from late February. Almost four months. Too much has happened since then for that stat to mean anything.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement