Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President 'The Donald' Trump and Surprising Consequences - Mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Don't buy it, someone read the memos. Wording of article is far too similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Yes they did. The associates of Comey who he has already testified, received copies of those memos whilst he was still Director.

And as I said, how can it be a leak if the dinner meeting is already part of the public domain courtesy of Trump's interview with NBC?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭Christy42

Because the friends were told the story by the same person who wrote the memos maybe?

Anyway it is irrelevant. We have established that there is no proof that Comey lied under oath. I don't think it is possible to prove he did not though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Really Interested

May 11th article https://www.google.ie/amp/s/mobile.nytimes.com/2017/05/11/us/politics/trump-comey-firing.amp.html

No mention of memos, it is clear from the article as written that two people had a conversation with Comey in which he recounted the January conversation.

The May 16th Article dealing with Flynn deals with the memo. It seems the WH has got confused.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/mobile.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/us/politics/james-comey-trump-flynn-russia-investigation.amp.html[URL][/url]

May 11th article https://www.google.ie/amp/s/mobile.nytimes.com/2017/05/11/us/politics/trump-comey-firing.amp.html

No mention of memos, it is clear from the article as written that two people had a conversation with Comey in which he recounted the January conversation.
    And we already know that he had these conversations since he testified about them. He was even asked who was present at these meetings where he discussed the Trump meetings. There were up to six or seven depending on what the overall agenda was.

• Advertisement

Yes they did. The associates of Comey who he has already testified, received copies of those memos whilst he was still Director.

And as I said, how can it be a leak if the dinner meeting is already part of the public domain courtesy of Trump's interview with NBC?

The NBC interview was after that article though right, so Trump was forced to respond?

You got a link to where he testified other FBI personnel received the memos?

Christy42 wrote: »
    Because the friends were told the story by the same person who wrote the memos maybe?

Anyway it is irrelevant. We have established that there is no proof that Comey lied under oath. I don't think it is possible to prove he did not though.

And as certain people keep pointing out re Trump "no evidence" of wrong doing, it's funny how some people think evidence is what the Internet says about anyone but Trump, where the only evidence acceptable is the Jesus himself gives a statement even then I am sure many of his surporters will dismiss it.

And as certain people keep pointing out re Trump "no evidence" of wrong doing, it's funny how some people think evidence is what the Internet says about anyone but Trump, where the only evidence acceptable is the Jesus himself gives a statement even then I am sure many of his surporters will dismiss it.

Ridiculous statement given what's gone on in the media since November, and hell, long before that. As shown by Comey's testimony about the NYT's bombshell story on collusion being false, and in his words "many, many others dead wrong based on anonymous sources", people have a right be to sceptical about the press, and imo, Comey himself.

Ridiculous statement given what's gone on in the media since November, and hell, long before that. As shown by Comey's testimony about the NYT's bombshell story on collusion being false, and in his words "many, many others dead wrong based on anonymous sources", people have a right be to sceptical about the press, and imo, Comey himself.

My statement is about the double standards of both sides and the definition of Evidence. There is no evidence of collusion between Trump and Russia or any other power, I have never said otherwise. Neither is there evidence the Comey has acted illegally. On both issues there might be innuendo.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,435 ✭✭✭✭Water John

The ratio of truth to false in the MSM is very diff than enamating from the WH, that is the simple fact.
    MSM occasionally get something wrong. Trump et al are spoofing, the majority of the time.

• Advertisement

The NBC interview was after that article though right, so Trump was forced to respond?
    Unless I'm very much mistaken (I followed your link to the NYT article of the 11th); that article references Trump's NBC interview. So the interview had to have come first.
    You got a link to where he testified other FBI personnel received the memos?
    I don't. I watched/listened to most of the testimony and he both volunteered the information and was questioned on it. He also mentioned a phone call from Trump where his assistant was in the room with him and heard his side of the conversation.

Water John wrote: »
    The ratio of truth to false in the MSM is very diff than enamating from the WH, that is the simple fact.
    MSM occasionally get something wrong. Trump et al are spoofing, the majority of the time.

They both have nothing to be proud of in the art of truth telling, the narrative for the past 8 months was Trump is a Russian agent, and the narrative before that was he had a 5% chance to win the election.

They are full of shìt and little more than agenda driven political operatives.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/14/us/politics/russia-intelligence-communications-trump.html

Look at this crap, and they won't even revoke the story.

Unless I'm very much mistaken (I followed your link to the NYT article of the 11th); that article references Trump's NBC interview. So the interview had to have come first.

You're right I think. Both were May 11th

I don't. I watched/listened to most of the testimony and he both volunteered the information and was questioned on it. He also mentioned a phone call from Trump where his assistant was in the room with him and heard his side of the conversation.

I take your word for it. When I got some time I might re-watch it again.

They both have nothing to be proud of in the art of truth telling, the narrative for the past 8 months was Trump is a Russian agent, and the narrative before that was he had a 5% chance to win the election.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/14/us/politics/russia-intelligence-communications-trump.html

Since Beaverbrook and Hurst and even before the media have been agenda driven. But there is a difference in saying agenda driven and actully mistruths. I avoid CNN and Fox for example but by looking at all media and original sources it's possible to have a somewhat unbiased view. But each of us must also accept we are also our ourselves biased.

That's the usual, whataboutery. As I said, the MSM get things wrong, occasionally, DT et al, the majority of the time.
    Has the present President of America, ever retracted a story, when he has been blatantly be proved wrong. No, double down on the lie, is the usual.

Two key things that are red flags to me are, the server in Trump Tower and Farage caught visiting Assange.
    Why is Mercer connected directly to a Russian Bank and Farage's visit is just on his return from meeting Trump.

Why would they withdraw this.

Genuine question. I'm not seeing anything there that isn't being investigated in some way or other. It even says that there was no evidence of collusion, something that Comey was questioned on as well and refused to answer in open session.

That's the usual, whataboutery. As I said, the MSM get things wrong, occasionally, DT et al, the majority of the time.
    Has the present President of America, ever retracted a story, when he has been blatantly be proved wrong. No, double down on the lie, is the usual.

Two key things that are red flags to me are, the server in Trump Tower and Farage caught visiting Assange.
    Why is Mercer connected directly to a Russian Bank and Farage's visit is just on his return from meeting Trump.

It's not whataboutery, they have been full of shìt for the past two years.

You think Farage is a Russian agent now too, just like Le Pen? Anyone who's on the right must be involved with Putin. And even if they did talk to Putin, so what? It's not a crime. Pretty dumb Russian agent to visit him in public.

The server story was peddled by Podesta and Hillary on twitter, it pinged some Trump hotel from a digital marking company. He wasn't under investigation.

https://twitter.com/johnpodesta/status/793237359508721669?lang=en

Why would they withdraw this.

Because what they wrote is not true.

For you Hank, Watergate was a snow job. Pesky journos had it in for Nixon.
    Deep Throat should never have been listened to.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

I wish to highlight the piece which I have put in bold. The narrative has NOT been that Trump was a Russian agent. It has been that there has been Russian interference in the election and that knowledge of that collusion may have been available within the Trump campaign. This is far short of Trump being a Russian agent.

You're setting up an accusation that no one seriously has made. I want to reiterate this again and again and again Hank because quite frankly, you shift the goalposts regularly.

What I will say is this: Trump is too stupid to be an agent. He may well have been an idiot however - the jury is out on that and if it transpires he's been an idiot, along with his team, then they shouldn't be in charge.

Are you prepared to say the guy has been a good, competent and intelligent president, all matters outside how he got to be elected being irrelevant to the question?

Because I cannot see any evidence of competence at all in his behaviour since he got to be elected. It's like if they want to keep him in line they have to confiscate his phone.

Is he a good president, Hank, and if so, what has he done that has benefited the United States of America's population?

• Advertisement

I get that you believe this. My question is how do you know; what specifically is not true and how is that proved?

For you Hank, Watergate was a snow job. Pesky journos had it in for Nixon.
    Deep Throat should never have been listened to.

Your right, even though Trump wasn't under investigation he masterminded the biggest election steal and cover up in Political history.

I'll side with the media being in bed with the Democrats, something there's actual proof of from the Wikileaks dumps.

OK set out with "evidence" that would be acceptable to a court to a standard of let's say even the civil standard.

Calina wrote: »
    You're setting up an accusation that no one seriously has made. I want to reiterate this again and again and again Hank because quite frankly, you shift the goalposts regularly.

Really, have you ever tuned into MSNBC? Apparently Assad gassed his own people on the orders of Putin to help Trump, so that he could bomb Syria.

Really, have you ever tuned into MSNBC? Apparently Assad gassed his own people on the orders of Putin to help Trump, so that he could bomb Syria.

No. Here's the point Hank. Unlike you I am not totally obsessed to the point of spending my whole time watching youtube videos. I have a life.

However, your summary still does not support Trump being a Russian agent so as a result I'm not minded to watch it. It suggests Assad is a Russian agent which is not the subject currently under discussion.

No. Here's the point Hank. Unlike you I am not totally obsessed to the point of spending my whole time watching youtube videos. I have a life.

Winning.

Winning.

Is he a good president, Hank? I asked you that, and while you wandered off to Syria for a while, you still haven't answered that. Is he good and what's good about him?

Answers involving "annoying lefties or liberals or variations on that theme" will be considered puerile and unintelligent.

Deflection doesn't count as an answer either.

Answers involving "annoying lefties or liberals or variations on that theme" will be considered puerile and unintelligent.

You said nobody has called him a Russian agent in the MSM and I'm "shifting goalposts", I post a link of MSNBC doing exactly that, then you turn to insults saying I have no life.

Sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Heres a thing. I've been reading and watching playbacks of what's in the public domain for some weeks now. Comey made it clear that when he wrote the memo about the one-on-one Don and Jim chat, that he did so to have a concise record of the conversation between them. He also made it clear that he kept it as unclassified so that he could brief the other [junior] members of the FBI collusion investigation team of that conversation and that he did brief them on it. They were made aware of the memo and it's contents.

It seems to me that is what Don's team are trying; ala, ok the story is true but the timing of its revelation are in doubt, throwing sand in people's eyes, get the facts throw out on "legal" technicalities The body is there intact, with some people walking around it going: where is it, I don't see it.... The dinner body/memo is impossible to dissemble about. The next thing is people with a vested interest will be them questioning what time gap there was between the chat and the "as soon as possible thereafter" writing of the memo to throw doubt on it's legal reliability.

• Advertisement

You said nobody has called him a Russian agent in the MSM and I'm "shifting goalposts", I post a link of MSNBC doing exactly that, then you turn to insults saying I have no life.

Sad.

I said no one serious. I didn't think you took MSNBC as serious but if you do, well fine.

And I did not say you had no life. Find the quote. I said I have a life and did not spend my time watching youtube videos. You read far too much into that statement. Maybe you shouldn't take it so personally.

In the meantime, Hank, is he a good president, and why?

YOu keep deflecting from that question. I wonder why.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement