Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President 'The Donald' Trump and Surprising Consequences - Mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Really Interested

Wonder will Sessions invoke executive priviledge on many answers.

Can he invoke executive privilege, I had assumed only the Presidenr can invoke it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,417 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Pelvis wrote: »
    Is this testimony just starting?

rte news now

http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/live/7/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Can he invoke executive privilege, I had assumed only the Presidenr can invoke it.

He can cite it - i.e. declare Trump has invoked executive privilege on a particular conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The difference between comey and sessions is stark. James comey sat still and looked straight ahead. AG sessions is looking around and shuffling in his chair and fixing his tie. This could be a very uncomfortable afternoon for AG Sessions.

Pelvis wrote: »
    Is this testimony just starting?
    Yep. The Americans gave us a nice start time Irish time.

• Advertisement

Jaysus this could be a train wreck from Jeff sessions. I have this feeling he's going to put his foot in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

The size of the font on his notes, you can read ahead of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Really Interested

He can cite it - i.e. declare Trump has invoked executive privilege on a particular conversation.

I had thought that the President had not invoked it!

Well Jeff sessions definitely doesn't have a career in audiobooks. You'd have your head melted.

Okay what the hell does overdose deaths have to do with Russia ? It doesn't that's what.

• Advertisement

What's this all about, campaigning?

ThisRegard wrote: »
    What's this all about, campaigning?
    Sure why not ?

Jesus someone give chairman burr a glass of water. He's parched.

Going back a bit when the discussion came up regarding Trump blocking people on Twitter being against the constitution, it appears he's blocked one​ of the largest groups representing vets, despite him apparently campaigning for increased support for them

https://twitter.com/votevets/status/874599756143755264

Jesus help us this is going to be painful.

As bad as Jeff sessions is here, could you imagine how painful president trump would be if he testifies.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭derb12

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Bit partisan from Burr there - That wasn't the additional reason comey said that sessions would recuse himself!! Comey said that other reason was classified.

Let's get the democrats on the case now and get sessions out into deep water so to speak.

So far Jeff sessions has his line of answers set out and will answer the questions regardless.

• Advertisement

How in the name of Jaysus did Jeff sessions get confirmed as attorney general ? I'm asking an honest question.

latest?cb=20150112233827

This is what im seeing when listening to this testimony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Sessions: "I may have had a meeting with Kislyak, but if I did I don't recall it."

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,727 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Ah look how happy he looks to be getting that rimjob though. You would see that in a lot of countries, DPRK for one.
    latest?cb=20150112233827

This is what im seeing when listening to this testimony.

Less of this nonsense please.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 82,974 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

How in the name of Jaysus did Jeff sessions get confirmed as attorney general ? I'm asking an honest question.

...I can't recall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Here's how this is going:

Q: What colour is the sky?
    A: Football

Q: What's your favourite food?
    A: Tequila

Q: Favourite City?
    A: Blue

He can't answer a straight question.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

This will probably turn out to be the biggest whinge fest of all time over losing an election. Nothing will come of any of this. It will be like trying to nail a jellyfish to the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,625 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

This will probably turn out to be the biggest whinge fest of all time over losing an election. Nothing will come of any of this. It will be like trying to nail a jellyfish to the wall.

It has nothing to do with losing an election!

Oh AG sessions is getting fired up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Wyden (with the lisp) getting right under Sessions' skin asking about the recusal and Comey, and calling Sessions' desperate attempts not to answer for what they are. For anyone looking for telling highlights, look for that exchange.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement