Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President 'The Donald' Trump and Surprising Consequences - Mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Billy86 wrote: »
    Wyden (with the lisp) getting right under Sessions' skin asking about the recusal and Comey, and calling Sessions' desperate attempts not to answer for what they are. For anyone looking for telling highlights, look for that exchange.

I don't think I've heard Jeff sessions get that animated or heard him get that angry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Wyden (with the lisp) getting right under Sessions' skin asking about the recusal and Comey, and calling Sessions' desperate attempts not to answer for what they are. For anyone looking for telling highlights, look for that exchange.

Wait for Angus King he'll destroy him.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,974 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

This will probably turn out to be the biggest whinge fest of all time over losing an election.

Totally unrelated?

However, just for kicks, that honor still belongs to the GOP, earning the moniker 'The Party of NO' for the famous levels of party-line obstructionism in Obama's 1st term:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Pay attention next time one person stops questioning and it moves to another. Literally immediately the shut clams up from long, lengthy answers to a Republican to "I can't say nothin'! I can't remember nothin'!" when it's a Dem. They're beginning to quickly call him on it, Heinrich now doing so openly - "you are obstructing this investigation and it speaks volumes".

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭derb12

Pay attention next time one person stops questioning and it moves to another. Literally immediately the shut clams up from long, lengthy answers to a Republican to "I can't say nothin'! I can't remember nothin'!" when it's a Dem. They're beginning to quickly call him on it, Heinrich now doing so openly - "you are obstructing this investigation and it speaks volumes".

Contrast with blunt's "let me help you out a bit here buddy"

• Advertisement

derb12 wrote: »
    Contrast with blunt's "let me help you out a bit here buddy"

It really is ridiculous - "oh so what you really meant was maybe he was just in the same room."

That said, he then said something along the lines of "and you never had any arranged meetings with him and the Mayflower that day" and Sessions looked like Mark Warner's kids probably would when trying to tell him the dog ate their homework.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭SkepticQuark

This will probably turn out to be the biggest whinge fest of all time over losing an election. Nothing will come of any of this. It will be like trying to nail a jellyfish to the wall.

This is the classic type of post I expect when all else fails, bring up the election. It's like Trump in his interview talking about the great election map he had printed, look at all the red, bigly tremendous!

Sessions point blank caught lying - has been claiming executive privilege (reserved for only the President) over and over and now admits that Trump has not invoked any executive privilege on his appearance at all. Talking some serious rambling, mumbling sh*te now trying to get out of it.

And now after refusing to answer over and over and over to answer because he claims he cannot talk about what he and Trump talk about... only to let it slip he has done that already tonight on a different issue. This is nothing short of remarkable, and he looks shook.

Here comes Angus king for the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

AG Sessions waffling on in answer to Senator King, trying to B/S him on presidential privilege usage. Noticeable how others are feeding him leading questions. His repeated "I don't recall" comments in answer to simple yes or no questions put to him is breathtaking in its impudence.

• Advertisement

Jeff sessions is going to slip up I can feel it.

Is this communication stuff the new fifth amendment Defense ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Astounding how he tries to dodge the simplest of questions. His tell is how his voice cracks. Lankford is in full defensive mode for the GOP.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Is this communication stuff the new fifth amendment Defense ?

Fifth amendment with added word salad it seems.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Astounding how he tries to dodge the simplest of questions. His tell is how his voice cracks.

You kind of have to admire him for keeping this up.

Oh here we go the republican senator coming to Jeff sessions rescue.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,625 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

So basically GOP are the defence lawyers it appears

• Registered Users Posts: 21,435 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Well the Deputy AG knew that Trump intended sacking Comey, before he went and wrote his memo. It's hinging on, did Jeff in any way have a hint that Trump was going to sack Comey, considering the Russian investigation.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    So basically GOP are the defence lawyers it appears

Yep. Senator Lankford will get a prize for that performance.

Let's play a game... keep track of the next 10 Dem questions and see how many are answered Sessions "not recalling" or lying about privilege.

The democratic senators should just ask Jeff sessions what he DOES recall.

• Advertisement

Let's play a game... keep track of the next 10 Dem questions and see how many are answered Sessions "not recalling" or lying about privilege.

Sorry Billy, I don't understand your question there, I have no information available to answer it, I don't recall having any anyway. I just don't know.

How can someone with such a ****ty memory be AG?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,625 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

This really shows how much the Trump WH are bringing this on to themselves.

Sessions could have gone in their and told the truth to bring to an end some of the questions.

Instead he has decided that he is going to not answer on the basis that in some point in the future Trump MAY invoke privilegde

This is the AG of the US, and on more than one occasion he has stated that he is not aware of what the law actually is

Yes or no attorney general sessions.

I don't recall x 6 and a few fudges of answers.

16 out of 17 across that full line of questioning... the only exception being when asked what question he would ask.

Tom Cotton redefining the word 'pathetic' and blowing Lankford's defensive lawyering theatrics out of the water.

Sen tom cotton up next.

roddy15 wrote: »
    Tom Cotton scoring his Republican brownie points.

I've heard him in an interview with David axelrod and he came across okay in that forum. Jeff sessions is taking the utter piss. He's found his voice again now it appears.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I've heard him in an interview with David axelrod and he came across okay in that forum. Jeff sessions is taking the utter piss. He's found his voice again now it appears.

I don't think we need to have a committee member using it as a political platform to rant about Democrats and talk about spy movies. Shows how "seriously" they are taking all of this... If he wanted to do the theatrics he can get his face on Fox News.

Well that question on leaks was rehearsed anyway.

The awkward shockedness of Tom Cotton as Jeff Sessions could not answer his intended softball question was ****ing gold! :pac:

"Oh, s**t, time to fall back... soo.... uuuhhhh... leakers, eh!?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,348 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Betweeen us two southern gentlemen, this whole thing is just sillier than a whirlybird in a toilet pipe, wouldn't you say General Sessions?

:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement