Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President 'The Donald' Trump and Surprising Consequences - Mod warning in OP

Options
1326327328329330332»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Jesus tom cotton is going to get his head rubbed and given a treat for his performance. That's sickening stuff.

Kamala Harris is having to again get Jeff sessions back on track again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

He's AG, surely he knows the law, especially on this topic!

ThisRegard wrote: »
    He's AG, surely he knows the law, especially on this topic!

It appears not brother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Sessions losing his temper and raising his voice again "you're making me nervous".

He's strangely more aggressive and happier to try talking over female Dems than anyone else, kind of funny to keep track on.

• Advertisement

Awww he can't be rushed as it makes him nervous.

Billy86 wrote: »
    Sessions losing his temper and raising his voice again "you're making me nervous".

He's strangely more aggressive and happier to try talking over female Dems than anyone else, kind of funny to keep track on.

Well a southern gentlemen knows better than a woman from California.

"I don't recall that...........at this moment."

Leaving the door open for some mature recollection.

Harris further exposing it for what it is, after trying to weaseling and finally point blank refusing to answer, Sessions gets told he must by Burr and admits yes... right as her time expires. Jeff chuckles to himself in nervous relief.

For **** sake this is twice the good old boys on this committee have interrupted Sen kamala Harris in two different sittings. It's ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,625 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

If I was US and this was my AG I would be seriously worried about the law in the US

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Ipse dixit

The Democrats are scraping the barrel and the Republicans are just trying to defend Sessions.

Ipse dixit wrote: »
    The Democrats are scraping the barrel and the Republicans are just trying to defend Sessions.

It is not their job to defend Sessions. Their job is to investigate!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Leroy42 wrote: »
    If I was US and this was my AG I would be seriously worried about the law in the US
    If you were a Republican supporter you'd be applauding his stonewalling of those pesky Dems.

If you were a Republican supporter you'd be applauding his stonewalling of those pesky Dems.

True, but I really don't understand how America's (well Trump supporters) seem to not care at all about Russia attacking them directly.

The world has moved on in terms of how nations attack each other and the US are still stuck thinking that its all about aircraft carriers and bombs.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    For **** sake this is twice the good old boys on this committee have interrupted Sen kamala Harris in two different sittings. It's ridiculous.

Can't be having a Californian​ black woman making a fine southern gentleman nervous like that. Not quite sure what made him more uncomfortable, the questions, the sex, or the racial makeup.

So Sessions just basically said he is not competent to do his own job, in harry Reed's line of questioning.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    It is not their job to defend Sessions. Their job is to investigate!

You are clearly unaware of how Congress works.

Can't be having a Californian​ black woman making a fine southern gentleman nervous like that. Not quite sure what made him more uncomfortable, the questions, the sex, or the racial makeup.

True that! True that.

What the hell does either of their races or where they're from have to do with anything?

• Advertisement

Here comes John McCain.

Oh here we go his memory has come back.

You are clearly unaware of how Congress works.

Here you go
    to “oversee and make continuing studies of the intelligence activities and programs of the United States Government,” to “submit to the Senate appropriate proposals for legislation and report to the Senate concerning such intelligence activities and programs,” and to “provide vigilant legislative oversight over the intelligence activities of the United States to assure that such activities are in conformity with the Constitution and laws of the United States.”

Or maybe not. At least John McCain sounds a bit more chipper today. Listening to it on c-span and not watching it makes it a lot easier lads.

Here you go

I think you've completely missed the point somehow.

He hasn't answered those questions senator burr.

I think you've completely missed the point somehow.

Which point is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

So he's been put on notice in public session that the committee wants him to provide it in writing the policy of presidential privilege and his own Dept's policy. We'll have to wait and see how many pages and irrelevant "facts" are in the documents he sends to the committee, after he of course runs them past the president for "presidential privilege" double-checking.

He can't be allowed get away with "the president can claim privilege on what he know's so I won't answer your questions about my conversations with him" based on the president possibly claiming privilege on questions put to him personally. Tah is simply using a spurious third party dodge to avoid 1st person questions meant for him [AG Sessions] alone.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,727 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Ok guys, this thread is nearly at 10,000 posts. New thread is here.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement