Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President 'The Donald' Trump and Surprising Consequences - Mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Billy86 wrote: »
    Not a good sign at all, wasn't drawing huge crowds supposed to be one of his main strengths? Seems like he's losing them, and losing them pretty quickly at that.

The ****show of an inauguration gets even better.

Trump's new background photo is from a presidential inauguration, but whose exactly?

Oh that's right, it's from Kenya's most famous president Barack Obama's inauguration.

In f***ing believable. Sad pathetic crowds show up to his inauguration so he uses pictures of Obamas inauguration?

The problem with narcissists' is that they can't discern whether their lies are believable or not because they lack the empathy to be able to see themselves as others do.

He can't help himself can he? He lies when it isn't even necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

People think Trumps success heralds the rise of fascism - yet the only silencing of voices and political opinion is from the anti-trump protesters. The only krystalnacht-style attacking of business is done by anti-trump voters. Imagine ANY of the above happening at Obamas inaugeration - there'd be uproar in the media, with the 'right wing' blamed (and rightly so, thankfully they aren't as scummy)

Here are the 14 points of fascism that were found in the regimes of Hitler, Mussolini, Franco, Suharto and Pinochet

How many of the traits does Trump have and how many does the protesters...

https://ratical.org/ratville/CAH/fasci14chars.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭vetinari

Still can't believe the **** is president.
    So many of those ****ers who voted for him will have severe buyers remorse.
    They'll still probably vote for him in 4 years time again though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

What a great time to be alive. Was loving watching the typical pinko liberal types go on the rampage yesterday. They were literally protesting against democracy. Police should have used rubber bullets, or at least set the dogs on them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

What a great time to be alive. Was loving watching the typical pinko liberal types go on the rampage yesterday. They were literally protesting against democracy. Police should have used rubber bullets, or at least set the dogs on them.

I know, when the republicans lost twice there was no violent protests.

They accepted they lost and got on with their lives.

I'm always sceptical of Lefties as they're never happy, usually they're wasters.
    We have them in this country too, causing trouble in Shannon, breaching security and not fitting in with society.

Attention seekers.

If Hillary Clinton got in I'm sure the Republicans would have taken it on the chin and wished her well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,932 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I'm always sceptical of Lefties as they're never happy, usually they're wasters.
    We have them in this country too, causing trouble in Shannon, breaching security and not fitting in with society.

Attention seekers.

If Hillary Clinton got in I'm sure the Republicans would have taken it on the chin and wished her well.

There was 8 years of nationwide protests...

You may have forgotten a nationwide movement that began the day a black president put his hand on the book

Convenient you forgot all that aye..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,236 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Valord wrote:
    I was wondering today, President Bush's approval ratings shot sky high in the wake of the WTC attacks, because an attack from an outside aggressor tends to really re-enforce national solidarity. Do you think if something like that were to (God forbid) happen under Trump, would it do the same for him? Or, now that we're more alert to this type of thing, would it hurt him? Would people cast it as being his fault for not paying attention to intelligence briefings?

A terrorist attack would be absolutely marvelous for him. Where Obama encouraged restraint and asked people to regulate their emotions, Trump would use it as further evidence of how right he is. He'd encourage hate and fear and anxiety. He would blame the government and he establishment. In short he would hold himself up as the solution to all their fear and they would reward him for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Sure. They would have held parades and prostrated themselves before her. Lol.

Get real.

...Or were you being sarcastic?

rossie1977 wrote:
    Here are the 14 points of fascism that were found in the regimes of Hitler, Mussolini, Franco, Suharto and Pinochet

Trump ticks the box for nationalism, militarism, sexism, skapgoating Muslims/minorities and trying to control the media (and circumventing it with Twitter). And he was only sworn in yesterday

What was your point again?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭mattser

Attention seekers.

You got it in one. What a relief to see a new family name on the throne. The soreness, bitterness, and swear words around here are gas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Kitsunegari

Trump ticks the box for nationalism, militarism, sexism, skapgoating Muslims/minorities and trying to control the media (and circumventing it with Twitter). And he was only sworn in yesterday

What was your point again?

How is he trying to control the media? The screaming from the left is getting very tedious. The media acted disgracefully during the US elections. I wouldn't want anything to do with CNN or the Washington Post so it's no surprise Trump wants to communicate directly with his supporters and the American public via Twitter as sections of the media have proven themselves to be completely unreliable when it comes to reporting the facts.

How is he trying to control the media? The screaming from the left is getting very tedious. The media acted disgracefully during the US elections. I wouldn't want anything to do with CNN or the Washington Post so it's no surprise Trump wants to communicate directly with his supporters and the American public via Twitter as sections of the media have proven themselves to be completely unreliable when it comes to reporting the facts.

Now you're justifying one of the criteria you proposed for fascism. I'm really not sure what kind you're trying to make.

He used his trotter account to this threaten Meghan Kelly for example. He turned her life upside down and told her he could do it n a whim. Now Meghan Kelly doesn't do negative stories about Trump. That's what I mean by controlling the media

Now you're justifying one of the criteria you proposed for fascism. I'm really not sure what point you're trying to make.

He used his Twitter account to this threaten Meghan Kelly for example. He turned her life upside down and told her he could do it on whim. Now Meghan Kelly doesn't do negative stories about Trump. That's what I mean by controlling the media

• Registered Users Posts: 29,417 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

He used his trotter account to this threaten Meghan Kelly for example. He turned her life upside down and told her he could do it n a whim. Now Meghan Kelly doesn't do negative stories about Trump. That's what I mean by controlling the media

He's a bully, expect more of this for the next couple of years

Now you're justifying one of the criteria you proposed for fascism. I'm really not sure what point you're trying to make.

He used his Twitter account to this threaten Meghan Kelly for example. He turned her life upside down and told her he could do it on whim. Now Meghan Kelly doesn't do negative stories about Trump. That's what I mean by controlling the media

Megyn Kelly is a hack. She tried to take the moral high ground and attacked trump continually during the debate when she was supposed to be a bipartisan moderator. Attacking a media hack is not controlling the media.

Can you outline exactly why you think Trump is a fascist? Attacking someone in the media who attacked you first isn't an example of fascism, despite how much you want to believe that it is.

Wanderer78 wrote:
    He's a bully, expect more of this for the next couple of years

Expect more of him bullying journalists AND his supporters justifying it. Strange times. Somehow it's all the left's problem.

The interesting thing about it is that trump isn't on the left or right because both of those assume a collective. He's on his own side and watching the people fight amongst themselves about left and right must be amusing for him.

Megyn Kelly is a hack. She tried to take the moral high ground and attacked trump continually during the debate when she was supposed to be a bipartisan moderator. Attacking a media hack is not controlling the media.

Justifying that kind of going against journalists is a bad place to start. I can only imagine what Trump could do that you would consider beyond acceptable.
    Can you outline exactly why you think Trump is a fascist? Attacking someone in the media who attacked you first isn't an example of fascism, despite how much you want to believe that it is.

You posted a link to fascist criteria. I highlighted the ones he meets already - nationalism, militarism, using Muslims inner city folk (read blacks) and immigrants as scapegoats. This was your set of criteria. You still haven't outlined what point that you were trying to make with those criteria

• Registered Users Posts: 12,709 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Lol all the peaceful lefties with their peaceful protests smashing windows in Starbucks who donated $100K to Hillary & Bank of America who donated $500K to her campaign!
    Also great to see twitter luvvie Graham Lenehan having a mental breakdown online over this and Brexit, he just blocks and won't debate and keeps posting alt left crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

It will be amusing seeing how Trump melts down as he realises no one likes him, and that's why no one turned up to his Inauguration, it will be hard for his narcissistic personality to deal with, that and the fact his speech was a turd as has been widely reported.

Inquitus wrote:
    It will be amusing seeing how Trump melts down as he realises no one likes him, and that's why no one turned up to his Inauguration, it will be hard for his narcissistic personality to deal with, that and the fact his speech was a turd as has been widely reported.

His voters (around 26% of the electorate) like him. That's all that matters to him. I haven't seen anyone say they regret voting for trump.

When he says horrible things, they get a warm feeling inside. He's not trying to please everyone. He's trying to please his voters while he dismantles the government and suits himself.

• Advertisement

Justifying that kind of going against journalists is a bad place to start. I can only imagine what Trump could do that you would consider beyond acceptable.

You posted a link to fascist criteria. I highlighted the ones he meets already - nationalism, militarism, using Muslims inner city folk (read blacks) and immigrants as scapegoats. This was your set of criteria. You still haven't outlined what point that you were trying to make with those criteria

Why are you making things up? What link did I post? Absolute nonsense argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Inquitus wrote: »

I doubt it will have any effect on him. I am sure no one liked him before he became President so it will be nothing new. He has ego and narcissism in bucket loads so he loves himself, that is all that matters to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭Count Dooku

It will be amusing seeing how Trump melts down
    I presume the next step will be total meltdown and then everything as usual
    Time_Trump_covers.png

At least there are some good news - Trump will manage to reduce number of federal workers by 25% without paying redundancy packages
    http://nation.foxnews.com/2017/01/19/28-federal-employees-may-quit-their-jobs-when-trump-assumes-office-poll
    Even if poll is slightly rigged(as usual), then even 25% from 2.8 millions civil servants will give to US massive savings on PS payroll bill

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭JPCN1

I really don't think he gives a toss. He's got what he set out for and the poor snowflakes are melting.

Good luck to him.

Why are you making things up? What link did I post? Absolute nonsense argument.

Oh yeah it was Rosie 1977. I thought it was you give you replied

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

As Donald Trump was becoming inaugurated the 45th president of America good luck to him on that rioters destroyed property in the Nations capital while in ancient ruins of Palmyra ISIS terrorists destroyed yet more antiquities. Lets see the new administration take on the real terrorists in the world stop pandering to rich countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 OxfordColours

Gintonious wrote: »
    Very unlikely that they stopped hundreds of thousands, that would have made the news, and would require tanks and blocked roads with trucks to stop a reasonable number attending.

A classic "im the victim" stance, well played.

They don't need to bring in tanks and road blocks. Sure look at the Love Dublin parade, so many families and individuals avoided town that day as they predicted trouble from the rumblings that were coming out that morning. The same occured yesterday at the inaugeration - I certainly would not bring my family in, in case we got caught up.

How am I playing the victim? Feel free to outline it. I'm pointing out the raging hypocrisy of painting the Trump supporters as fascist, when their opponents are the ones carrying out fascist acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

"Oooh look, a couple of dumb college students and wasters started a riot because Trump was inaugurated. Better use this to justify all the crap he's talked and lies he's told, aswell as the garbage his internet-followers spew all over the web."- Trump supporters in this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

"Oooh look, a couple of dumb college students and wasters started a riot because Trump was inaugurated. Better use this to justify all the crap he's talked and lies he's told, aswell as the garbage his internet-followers spew all over the web."- Trump supporters in this thread.

Well yes they are violently destroying the place. They don't accept the results of the election and it is unlikely Trump can say any words that will conform with their views. Any reconciliation or concessions won't make a damn bit of difference to them.

What he could do is call on his supporters to not provoke or initiate any attacks on the opposition. Now some within his followers might be up for a fight and that is when the police & military authorities must act.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

I'd guess its Trump thats amused.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement