Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President 'The Donald' Trump and Surprising Consequences - Mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

From the Washington womens march a poster commentated on the CNN live feed: 'hope they all get bombed by terrorists.... what'll your muslim hero do then ****ING NOTHING haha'

Said poster's banner and profile pic was of Trump. Mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

From the Washington womens march a poster commentated on the CNN live feed: 'hope they all get bombed by terrorists.... what'll your muslim hero do then ****ING NOTHING haha'

Said poster's banner and profile pic was of Trump. Mad.

What's the odds that the guy has a neckbeard to go with his resentment of women? It's got to be odds-on. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

What's the odds that the guy has a neckbeard to go with his resentment of women? It's got to be odds-on. :rolleyes:

Nothing wrong with beards. Don't know where that came from.:confused:

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with beards. Don't know where that came from.:confused:

I'm talking about the stereotypical "neckbeard" who picked up their politics from the depths of 4chan and Reddit, the kind who thinks they're at the vanguard of defending white civilisation from "brown hordes" and "cultural Marxism", and who thinks that they'd have an obedient housewife by now if it weren't for those pesky women thinking they could have careers of their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I presume the next step will be total meltdown and then everything as usual
    Time_Trump_covers.png

At least there are some good news - Trump will manage to reduce number of federal workers by 25% without paying redundancy packages
    http://nation.foxnews.com/2017/01/19/28-federal-employees-may-quit-their-jobs-when-trump-assumes-office-poll
    Even if poll is slightly rigged(as usual), then even 25% from 2.8 millions civil servants will give to US massive savings on PS payroll bill

He's just spent his first speech at the CIA, trying to pretend there were more people in attendance than there were at his inauguration, these sort of things hit his narcissism in the guts and he can't take it. To coin his twitter style. SAD!

• Advertisement

Just watch this it is utterly unbelievable from start to finish. Press lied, millions at my inauguration, my speech was great, my uncle was an MIT professor which means I am smart too......and lots more inappropriate drivel besides.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

I'm talking about the stereotypical "neckbeard" who picked up their politics from the depths of 4chan and Reddit, the kind who thinks they're at the vanguard of defending white civilisation from "brown hordes" and "cultural Marxism", and who thinks that they'd have an obedient housewife by now if it weren't for those pesky women thinking they could have careers of their own.
    :D

The type of hick that screams '**** yeah, America!' at the end of a good movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,435 ✭✭✭✭Water John

DT press conference at CIA HQ can only be described as shocking.
    Not acting as President but as winner of election.
    All about DT.
    Cannot move on and do the job.

Hey, maybe if he spends too much running his mouth about how great he is, he has less time to feck up the country. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭FrKurtFahrt

Inquitus wrote: »
    Just watch this it is utterly unbelievable from start to finish. Press lied, millions at my inauguration, my speech was great, my uncle was an MIT professor which means I am smart too......and lots more inappropriate drivel besides.

THAT is stunning! Surely even his own supporters must be wondering what the fcuk he is rambling on about.

THAT is stunning! Surely even his own supporters must be wondering what the fcuk he is rambling on about.

That's part of the charm for them, they can infer whatever they want to suit their own political views.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Watching it currently. My god I never knew Mike Pence was such a heavy breather. Like every sentence begins with a sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Then watch this...
    Statement starts at 1:33.02

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭nc6000

Is he on the teleprompter there and going off-script or literally just rambling? I see he keeps looking to his left.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,774 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

The bit that I take from the whole Donald Trump election is that the mainstream media can keep attacking a mouthy rich white politician because he is white.

It is a stark contrast to when Obama was elected when people in the mainstream media actually brought into the slogans "yes we can" then changed to the more aspirational "hope" in his second election.

To me the shock is not that Trump was elected but that mainstream media/pollsters etc were so out of touch with public opinion.

I used to think the media had some sense, but now they seem to go around in vicious circles which ironically may have helped create Trump in the first place.

I think all the fuss is similar to when there was the y2k millennium bug there was plenty of hysteria, and the result did not match the hysteria.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

The bit that I take from the whole Donald Trump election is that the mainstream media can keep attacking a mouthy rich white politician because he is white.
    You might have taken away more had you followed the election, in that case. He was attacked for a hell of a lot of things, but I don't recall him being attacked for being white when running against a white opponent and almost exclusively white opponents in the primaries too. He was also not a politician, which is something else he was attacked on and the last 24 hours are just a brief introduction as to why. Then there are all the things he was claiming, lying about, and proposing... and that's what he was by far attacked about most of all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

The Americans elected a clown, so that's what they get.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,568 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

I am utterly confused at this. He just wandered on and on.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,236 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Inquitus wrote:
    Gintonious wrote:
    I am utterly confused at this. He just wandered on and on.

His supporters and himself have been telling hops he will behave appropriately when he becomes president. Didn't Trump say he would be 'more presidential than anybody - except maybe the great Abe Lincoln'.

I asked a few times whether that meant he would change his behaviour or his supporters would change the standard for behaving appropriately. We'll have our answer soon. His supporters will tell us all the other presidents have been doing it wrong by showing class and dignity and Trump is the most Presidential president of all time. Or they'll tell us the president's behaviour isn't important anyway, MSM, liberals etc.

I think there's no chance they will admit he's making a mockery of the presidency with his behaviour.

• Advertisement

I had a look at the fox news site to see what view they're taking. They're relaying Trump's press secretary's side of the story completely uncritically. Trump had the biggest crowd ever to watch an inauguration 'peroid' and there aren't any official figures since the national parks agency doesn't publicly release those figures.

The term 'post truth world' is about to get really real.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭mattser

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    The Americans elected a clown, so that's what they get.

It's called democracy. This neck of the woods has elected it's fair share of nitwits. And re-elected them twice more until they sank the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Trump's brain is still in campaign mode.....he needs to stop his obsession with the media its looking silly now

fryup wrote:
    Trump's brain is still in campaign mode.....he needs to stop his obsession with the media its looking silly now

His supporters are loving it. He's making them feel great again Why would he stop?

His supporters and himself have been telling hops he will behave appropriately when he becomes president. Didn't Trump say he would be 'more presidential than anybody - except maybe the great Abe Lincoln'.

I asked a few times whether that meant he would change his behaviour or his supporters would change the standard for behaving appropriately. We'll have our answer soon. His supporters will tell us all the other presidents have been doing it wrong by showing class and dignity and Trump is the most Presidential president of all time. Or they'll tell us the president's behaviour isn't important anyway, MSM, liberals etc.

I think there's no chance they will admit he's making a mockery of the presidency with his behaviour.
    It is starting to really look like the cowardly 'see what he does, and THEN say that's what you always wanted him to do' approach is beginning to really wear thin and be seen straight through, mind you. As his think skinned and volatile nature causes him to lash out increasingly at elements of his own fan base that do actually disagree with him on anything they can't ignore (like when they see their take home pay get slashed in order to make the rich richer), this is only going to get worse and worse.

I had a look at the fox news site to see what view they're taking. They're relaying Trump's press secretary's side of the story completely uncritically. Trump had the biggest crowd ever to watch an inauguration 'peroid' and there aren't any official figures since the national parks agency doesn't publicly release those figures.

The term 'post truth world' is about to get really real.

To be "fair and balanced" that's always been Fox's approach, they even do the lying about the attendance numbers themselves if nobody else will. Can't remember exactly which, but during a protest in Obama's earlier years, where Fox were claiming 1mn+ in attendance and using footage from completely different events to back this up.

Found it... all an accident, of course! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

mattser wrote: »
    It's called democracy. This neck of the woods has elected it's fair share of nitwits. And re-elected them twice more until they sank the country.

Did I say it was not democracy. Irish politics is a joke, everyone knows that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Billy86 wrote: »
    It is starting to really look like the cowardly 'see what he does, and THEN say that's what you always wanted him to do' approach is beginning to really wear thin and be seen straight through, mind you. As his think skinned and volatile nature causes him to lash out increasingly at elements of his own fan base that do actually disagree with him on anything they can't ignore (like when they see their take home pay get slashed in order to make the rich richer), this is only going to get worse and worse.

It's never that clear cut, there's always an excuse to be had.

People aren't willing to take responsibility for themselves.

They want someone else to fix their problems.
    When he can't, or he makes them worse, you're assuming they'll suddenly realise it was all a sham.

They won't. He'll blame the Mexicans or the liberals in government (that the Republican's have total control of everything will be a minor detail) and they'll lap it up, because doing anything other than going down with the ship would involve a modicum of self-reflection, and people are awful at that.
    Cutting one's nose off to spite one's face is one of the core elements of humanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Just on the whole crowd size thing..Im not a fan of trump but we've seen in the irish media crow sizes being played down and selective photographs of attendances when they're not fully formed being used to back that up.

• Advertisement

Bambi wrote: »
    Just on the whole crowd size thing..Im not a fan of trump but we've seen in the irish media crow sizes being played down and selective photographs of attendances when they're not fully formed being used to back that up.
    Posted this on a different thread, but it's relevant here too.

Not really. Here is the photo comparison of Trump's inauguration compared to Obama's, and below is a screenshot of the crowd at it's peak (right before dispersing, so would likely be during Trump's time on stage). They're pretty much identical.

The angle from the podium some pro-Trump sites etc have been trying to push makes the crowd look bigger because the lower angle blocks out the blank spaces, it's a technique used in lower budget movies that need scenes with big crowds. But the overhead timelapse doesn't lie.

Link to the timelapse: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdantUf5tXg

image.png

image.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement