Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President 'The Donald' Trump and Surprising Consequences - Mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

rgossip30 wrote: »
    This is an expert opinion? The earth can shows January 23 time 8.32 ? ?

Did you notice the cars driving along the road? It's a live video feed that anyone can access and take screen grabs of.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

I'm skeptical Trump even knew what he was signing with some of the stuff the last few days. Pence is the real president, and he and Congress will set the agenda for the next four years, while Trump just signs off on everything. Meanwhile Trump distracts everyone with his wacky antics while the real power players implement their ultra-conservative agenda with minimal attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭rgossip30

robinph wrote: »
    Did you notice the cars driving along the road? It's a live video feed that anyone can access and take screen grabs of.

You got a screen grab with a date and time for the inauguration not for today !! You have no links to back up what you are saying !!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

You got a screen grab with a date and time for the inauguration not for today !!  You have no links to back up what you are saying !!
    I didn't get a screen grab of anything. I expect every news site on the planet has an article showing a comparison between the two years. Even if they didn't on Friday they will since the Trump press secretary made the otherwise merely mildly interesting comparison into a massive, bigly, deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Harika

You got a screen grab with a date and time for the inauguration not for today !! You have no links to back up what you are saying !!

There are time lapse videos where you clearly see when Trump was speaking with a view on the place and it is still filled less than at Obamas.

• Advertisement

Harika wrote: »
    There are time lapse videos where you clearly see when Trump was speaking with a view on the place and it is still filled less than at Obamas.

Got a link with the time and date ??

http://newsintermedia.com/2017/01/18-memorable-photos-trump-inauguration/

see image 14 at a higher angle .

Got a link ??
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8THdDHyfUTA

Got a link with the time and date ??

http://newsintermedia.com/2017/01/18-memorable-photos-trump-inauguration/

see image 14 at a higher angle .
    The images do not seem to come up in any particular order.
    Do you mean the one with the helicopter in? What are you trying to state about that picture and what it shows?

Seems to be accurate like the guy says if he is to be believed as its not an official time lapse .

The images do not seem to come up in any particular order.
    Do you mean the one with the helicopter in? What are you trying to state about that picture and what it shows?

No the image 14 where trump is walking to the podium one cannot see white areas
    like the comparison time lapse images.

So the only argument that the crowds are in reality equal or bigger is that the pictures available from the back are fake. #sad

• Advertisement

No the image 14 where trump is walking to the podium one cannot see white areas
    like the comparison time lapse images.
    Did you see this explanation in a previous post?
    C22N9yaXAAAo5yE.jpg:small

That explains the different views from Trump too. Still he should be able to understand this or he is narcissistic enough to ignore facts contrary to his believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,236 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Look at this angle look at that angle, where's your link, what's your proof, are you an expert.

The waters are muddied to the point where trump's supporters can pick their favourite facts from the alternatives.

Look at this angle look at that angle, where's your link, what's your proof, are you an expert.

The waters are muddied to the point where trump's supporters can pick their favourite facts from the alternatives.
    Proof of what? Angles?

I am highly reminded of discussions with creationists. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

The time lapse pictures are over a full day, they give a clear and factual indication that Trump's crowd was way smaller than Obama's, this is also backed up by other metrics such as Transit numbers and the like. There is no discussion to be had on this, Obama had 1.8m people, Trump had 250-600k, and indeed there were more protesters the next day than people watching Trump get sworn in.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

And let me know when Trump/Pence ban women on driving.

Maybe that should be the Trump/Pence election slogan in 2020.

"America: still not quite as terrible a place for women as Saudi Arabia."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Inquitus wrote: »
    The time lapse pictures are over a full day, they give a clear and factual indication that Trump's crowd was way smaller than Obama's, this is also backed up by other metrics such as Transit numbers and the like. There is no discussion to be had on this, Obama had 1.8m people, Trump had 250-600k, and indeed there were more protesters the next day than people watching Trump get sworn in.

Trump getting hung up on the dispute over the numbers, when the reality is he is the President. How petty and petulant can he be. Surely he now has vital and important State matters that need to be addressed and all the promises he has to meet.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

They should have been so smart on November 8th. Or did they also vote a day late?

inforfun wrote: »
    They should have been so smart on November 8th. Or did they also vote a day late?

HCL won the popular vote, also in Washington. But this doesn't matter with the electoral system in the US and I highly doubt that people from the rust belt would come to the inauguration to Washington. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Looks like George Soros grubby hands were all over the ''spontaneous'' ''grass roots'' Womens March on Washington. He is directly linked to at least 50 of the groups involved. A morally bankrupt wealthy old billionaire white guy pulling the strings behind the scenes. Ironic. This kind of stuff is Soros stock and trade

http://nytlive.nytimes.com/womenintheworld/2017/01/20/billionaire-george-soros-has-ties-to-more-than-50-partners-of-the-womens-march-on-washington/

• Advertisement

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    Trump getting hung up on the dispute over the numbers, when the reality is he is the President. How petty and petulant can he be. Surely he now has vital and important State matters that need to be addressed and all the promises he has to meet.

He has Narcissistic Personality Disorder, he is unable to accept that anything he is involved in is not the biggest and the best, sending out his Press Secretary to lie to the White House Press Room, as his first act in the role, clearly demonstrates this.

His speech to the CIA was another clear example, he cared about telling them how 1m-1.5m people turned out to his inauguration, lied that God made it stop raining during his speech, when it actually started to rain the minute he started his speech, and also gave the ridiculous I'm smart because my uncle was an MIT lecturer line again. None of this was appropriate for the solemn setting or indeed at all relevant to the members of the CIA.

He seems simply unable to let unflattering news pass him by without confronting it head on even if it is true and his view of matters false. As people have noted in this thread and others, he could have just said something along the lines of, "We got a good turnout, in a Democrat City and I look forward to beginning the big job of Governing to come." Case closed, no headlines, no Spicer presser, no Conway "Alternative Facts", would all have been put to bed on Saturday and never mentioned again.

Sad fact is he is unfit to be president and if stuff like this keeps getting under his skin and he responds so outrageously then it is going to be a shít show.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Looks like George Soros grubby hands were all over the ''spontaneous'' ''grass roots'' Womens March on Washington. He is directly linked to at least 50 of the groups involved. A morally bankrupt wealthy old billionaire white guy pulling the strings behind the scenes. Ironic. This kind of stuff is Soros stock and trade.

http://nytlive.nytimes.com/womenintheworld/2017/01/20/billionaire-george-soros-has-ties-to-more-than-50-partners-of-the-womens-march-on-washington/

Oh noes, are the Nasty Women going to perform a Ukraine-style coup against your "God-Emperor"? :rolleyes:

HCL won the popular vote, also in Washington. But this doesn't matter with the electoral system in the US and I highly doubt that people from the rust belt would come to the inauguration to Washington. :cool:

I know how it works, not the first time popular vote didnt win it.

Not a big Trump fan at all, but certainly no Clinton fan.
    But all these protests/protestors, orchestrated and financed or not by Soros, almost make me go like Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Oh noes, are the Nasty Women going to perform a Ukraine-style coup against your "God-Emperor"? :rolleyes:

Unlike the hysterical foaming at the mouth loons who are loosing what's left of their fragile sanity I am prepared to give Trump a chance. I don't particular care for the man, his personality or his approach but one thing is for sure - he is not worse than Hillary Clinton.

If America wants to put an end to division in society a good place to start would be shutting down the master manipulator George Soros and his myriad of ''grass roots'' front groups. He is the source of an awful lot of cultivated division in American society. The Godfather of identity politics. A truly malevolent psychopath.

Unlike the hysterical foaming at the mouth loons who are loosing what's left of their fragile sanity I am prepared to give Trump a chance. I don't particular care for the man, his personality or his approach but one thing is for sure - he is not worse than Hillary Clinton.

If America wants to put an end to division in society a good place to start would be shutting down the master manipulator George Soros and his myriad of ''grass roots'' front groups. He is the source of an awful lot of cultivated division in American society. The Godfather of identity politics. A truly malevolent psychopath.

Trump has the Koch brothers, they are as bad as Soros, this is an issue with American politics in general, and not with Hilary or Trump specifically, but it is the Republicans who constantly insist on preventing campaign reform so that rich donors can give limitless amounts of money to politicians, and have undue influence over policy, something that is effectively banned in Europe.

inforfun wrote: »
    Not a big Trump fan at all, but certainly no Clinton fan.
    But all these protests/protestors, orchestrated and financed or not by Soros, almost make me go like Trump.

Soros is affiliated by a report to 50 groups of more than 400, that are listed in this google sheet, what is around 12%, but then are the groups that are affiliated with him where he "Spoke at a panel". Let's say 10%, hardly he is financing the protests. Orchestrating, hard to say, are there any proofs for that?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zYoQoffWRAHrECq2PDshlPvNpNDSLtdmNjtW-gUuhqw/edit#gid=0

Anyway the biggest news outlets that are reporting this are a NYT opinion piece and breitbart. Hardly hard facts.

Ok lets wait and see what develops on this issue .Earth cam needs to publish it not someone on you tube or an online news website without time and date .

Dont care who are reporting it, if it is true. They might exaggerate a bit but then again, i see that rather than not reporting it at all. I can at least draw my own conclusions then.

Soros was financing the "yes" campaign in the Dutch Ukraine referendum. He is a twat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

I am just comparing the photos you read into what you want to see .
    I'll make this really easy for you.

14ucidv.png

wmkz0l.png

There's no "left-wing" conspiracy to make it look like there was far less people at Trumps inauguration than either of Obama's.

There was simply far less people there.

That shouldn't have been an issue or even in dispute. DC voted 90% for Hillary and of course there was going to be less turning out for Trump.

The issue is that people like yourself (Trump nuts) and Trump himself like to frame everything they don't like as "Fake News" or a conspiracy.

Perspective.

Both photos are taken at a similar time in Trumps inauguration.

• Advertisement

Perspective.

Both photos are taken at a similar time in Trumps inauguration.

Where is the proof time and date just photos , if you want to keep dragging the issue .
    There is no one on the podium in your photo so its before .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement