Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President 'The Donald' Trump and Surprising Consequences - Mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

rgossip30 wrote: »
    On and on and on . Spicer did not dispute the numbers in his press conference so why should I .
    Correcting for your ninja edit.

Trump/Spicer said it was the biggest attendance ever. It was not, and you agree it was not. So you do disagree with them on the matter. It's pretty cut and dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭demfad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-vbqSLritY

The Russians are responsible and so on and on .

The Russians are responsible is a little more than a conspiracy theory.

Current investigations:
    1. Senate Intelligence committee investigation into Russian hacking extended to include ties between Trump campaign team and Russia. Staring soon.
    2. Major FISA case run by FBI with help from 5 other agancies into illegal Russian connections to Carter Page, Paul Manafod, Roger Stone (and probably more). http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/article127231799.html
    3. Dept of Justice Investigation into activities of NY FBI office.

Note: The NYTimes has the story of the FISA investigation before election but chose not to publish.

It would seem Hillery was correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,236 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

rgossip30 wrote:
    No just the less than 1/3 attendance estimate , twister . I would like to progress on but I keep getting dragged back to this .

So you agree with Trump or you disagree with his assertion that it was the biggest attendance ever?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭rgossip30

So you agree with Trump or you disagree with his assertion that it was the biggest attendance ever?

I never said I agreed it was the biggest attendance ever . I just queried the photos that were published .

demfad wrote: »
    The Russians are responsible is a little more than a conspiracy theory.

Current investigations:
    1. Senate Intelligence committee investigation into Russian hacking extended to include ties between Trump campaign team and Russia. Staring soon.
    2. Major FISA case run by FBI with help from 5 other agancies into illegal Russian connections to Carter Page, Paul Manafod, Roger Stone (and probably more). http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/article127231799.html
    3. Dept of Justice Investigation into activities of NY FBI office.

Note: The NYTimes has the story of the FISA investigation before election but chose not to publish.

It would seem Hillery was correct.

Wait and see what develops on this .

I never said I agreed .

So you do disagree with Spicer/Trump on it being the biggest attendance ever, then?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

On and on and on . Spicer did not dispute the numbers in his press conference so why should I .

Yes he did.

He also told lies about the Metro transport numbers and compared completely different statistics (whole day v pre 11am). A bit like comparing a picture from the Capitol to one from the Washington Monument and stating "look, they are different...loads of people" and expecting to be taken seriously.

rgossip30 wrote:
    I never said I agreed .

It would have been so easy to just say that in the first case.

Just out of Interest, do you disagree with Trump/Spicer's assertion that it was the biggest attendance ever? If yes, why are they saying it, in your opinion?

It would have been so easy to just say that in the first case.

Just out of Interest, do you disagree with Trump/Spicer's assertion that it was the biggest attendance ever? If yes, why are they saying it, in your opinion?

i think they have moved on from this suggest you do the same .

robinph wrote: »
    Yes he did.

He also told lies about the Metro transport numbers and compared completely different statistics (whole day v pre 11am). A bit like comparing a picture from the Capitol to one from the Washington Monument and stating "look, they are different...loads of people" and expecting to be taken seriously.

Why were these lies not challenged at the press conference full of reporters . I repeat he did say that greater numbers had watched on all media .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭demfad

Wait and see what develops on this .

In view of the fact that the NYTimes didnt do its job back in October, we will have to wait and see in Ireland. I would think that many many Americans will be doing everything in their power to accelerate this mans impeachment/trial before he destroys their country.
    You wouldn't invite a suspected traitor into your house, near your family, never mind voting for him as head of your country. Serious error by NYTimes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Trump is still going on about it alright, and he's still repeating lies about the election.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/23/us/politics/donald-trump-congress-democrats.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

Lets keep it going then. Babble on so you can punch your keyboard yes he did no he did not .:p

Why were these lies not challenged at the press conference full of reporters . I repeat he did say that greater numbers had watched on all media .

Because the press secretary ran out of the room.

The line he stated regarding was:
    This was the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration -- period -- both in person and around the globe.

That is quite clearly claiming that Trump had the largest in person audience, and separately, the largest TV/ online audience.

Because the press secretary ran out of the room.

The line he stated regarding was:

That is quite clearly claiming that Trump had the largest in person audience, and separately, the largest TV/ online audience.

:pac: The press secretary asked the reporter did he have figures to dispute what he stated .He did not I begin to see why you prolific posters exist .

I think we're all seeing what happens when you treat politics as sports, put your agenda before logic or sense, and then wind up miss-stepping along the way! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

at this stage can't he just get on with it and drop the twitter spiel ..

He can't stop because he is a thin-skinned narcissistic idiot. His own staffers have told several newspapers that he is genuinely angry about the popular vote, his inauguration numbers, the press narrative, the fact that everyone loves Obama and hates him etc.

It isn't an act, that's the real Donald. They will have to do what they did to Reagan - keep him away from the press completely. They will also have to take his phone or change his twitter password. But Reagan was an actor, and could stand on a taped mark and deliver a prepared speech. Trump will deliver a mad rant to any open microphone.

Because he is mad.

rgossip30 wrote:

Fair enough. I'm just curious to see how much you're willing to contort yourself to avoid disagreeing with Trump.

Honest criticism of someone you admire is an admirable trait in a person. Inability to honestly criticise is... not admirable.

Fair enough. I'm just curious to see how much you're willing to contort yourself to avoid disagreeing with Trump.

Honest criticism of someone you admire is an admirable trait in a person. Inability to honestly criticise is... not admirable.

:pac: babble on . I disagree with a number of his policies .

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Inquitus wrote: »
    Interesting clip of Melania and Donald from the inauguration

https://twitter.com/Marv_Vien/status/823621167621619713

LPdGfuz.jpg

Oh wait....

People being nervous on the first day of about the biggest job in the world.
    And end up with jaw cramps because of the need to smile.

How dare they.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

inforfun wrote: »
    Oh wait....

How dare they.

Yeah - look at the tension evident here:

83598448.jpeg
    mobama-epa_2457782a.jpg
    6a00e554e5d8fe8833017d4037f6b6970c-pi

• Advertisement

Maybe they are glad the official stuff is over?
    Like a wedding for "normal" people. First the church, then the party. Usually 2 different moods too.

:pac: The press secretary asked the reporter did he have figures to dispute what he stated .He did not I begin to see why you prolific posters exist .

No he didn't. Here's the transcript of what he did say. Chock-a-block with 'alternative facts' (lies).

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/transcript-press-secretary-sean-spicer-media-233979

Maybe they are glad the official stuff is over?
    Like a wedding for "normal" people. First the church, then the party. Usually 2 different moods too.

They seemed pretty relaxed in the midst of things too:

KJ6JOGCY.jpg

:pac: babble on . I disagree with a number of his policies .

Such as?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

This Women’s March... I don't get it. What was the purpose of the demonstrations? It just seemed to be an embarrassing vulgar display with no coherent reason for marching. And their portrayal by the media as angry women with signs depicting angry vaginas didn’t help matters.

Some say it was spurred by Trump’s vulgar bragging about pussy grabbing. But I wondered why these women are outraged by some old locker room talk, because where they and why did they ignore Bill Clinton, who actually committed similar activities while in the White House? Where were they when radical Islam kidnapped large numbers of women and forced them into being sex slaves (A hashtag does not a march make)? And where were they when all the honor killings were going on?

This march seems to be little more than some ginned-up event intended to display opposition to some myth of what the Trump administration will be like, not the reality. Funny why the iron is hottest for progressive when there’s only smoke and no fire.

But I admit it did accomplish something. The progressive agitators got a lot of names they can start using soon to continually hound these women for donations to their radical causes... welcome to the harassment jungle, ladies.

Yeah, and if i could bother my arse, which i cant, i definitely will find at least 1 picture with Melania and Donald smiling.

What is the point? Different people, different reactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Amerika wrote: »
    This Women’s March... I don't get it.

Well, bless.

Yeah, and if i could bother my arse, which i cant, i definitely will find at least 1 picture with Melania and Donald smiling.

What is the point? Different people, different reactions.

The point is that you implied that the Obama's were just as strained on their inauguration day. They clearly weren't. Much more relaxed and celebratory than the tone of the Trumps. But tbh, if you were married to Trump, with his record, you'd be watching your back that much more too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

LPdGfuz.jpg

Oh wait....

How dare they.

Michelle is probably saying, "have you seen that rug" :D

• Advertisement

alastair wrote: »
    The point is that you implied that the Obama's were just as strained on their inauguration day. They clearly weren't. Much more relaxed and celebratory than the tone of the Trumps. But tbh, if you were married to Trump, with his record, you'd be watching your back that much more too.

I said people are stressed on the first day at the probably biggest job in the world. I didnt say the Obama's were just as stressed. Neither did i imply that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement