Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President 'The Donald' Trump and Surprising Consequences - Mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,420 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I see Donald trump has placed a ban on EPA employees releasing info to social media or taking to reporters. So is he trying to control the flow on info from the EPA ?

A "Temporary media blackout" ordered at the EPA.

This is the reason climate scientists have been urgently copying and backing up their data to external centres.

Trump is putting his cronies into every state department. It's a total takeover of the federal government and all its agencies.

He's not draining a swamp, he's taking over the institutions of the USA.

We're not living in a 'post fact world', We're watching in real time the successful rise to power of the 21st centuries first global tyrant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

Overheal wrote: »
    Alternative Facts? The Tea Party was launched in 2009. Thanks for playing.
    Sorry, but no, it’s roots began with GW Bush’s bailout of the banks in 2008. I know, I was there in the beginning.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,973 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Amerika wrote: »
    Sorry, but no, it’s roots began with GW Bush’s bailout of the banks in 2008. I know, I was there in the beginning.

Perhaps you have some evidence to back that up. Maybe not. The majority of Americans found the Tea Party when it came out of the closet. In 2009. They certainly didn't have any wide appeal prior to then. Not until a black president wanted to be rational about our nations tax policy, then a lot of gin'd up activists joined the fray.

And the roots to gw bush began before you started paying attention.

You were there at the beginning of the tea party, and you will be here to watch the extinction of all kinds of species because of the anti environmental policies your ideology promotes

Perhaps you have some evidence to back that up. Maybe not. The majority of Americans found the Tea Party when it came out of the closet. In 2009. They certainly didn't have any wide appeal prior to then. Not until a black president wanted to be rational about our nations tax policy, then a lot of gin'd up activists joined the fray.

First hand knowledge isn't good enough for you, eh?

http://reason.com/archives/2014/10/03/the-birth-of-the-tea-party-movement-bega

• Advertisement

Akrasia wrote: »
    And the roots to gw bush began before you started paying attention.

You were there at the beginning of the tea party, and you will be here to watch the extinction of all kinds of species because of the anti environmental policies your ideology promotes

Sorry, but the extinction of all kinds of species won't be caused by any anti-environmental policies, it will be caused by the ravages of war brought about by overpopulation.

Sorry, but the extinction of all kinds of species won't be caused by any anti-environmental policies, it will be caused by the ravages of war brought about by overpopulation.

Extinction is happening now. You've already broken the world.
    Overpopulation is hypothetical. Extinction is real, depressingly real

your anecdotes hold no value, no.

And great: when was the first major rally? How much attendance?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,932 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Its not real unless Trump says its real, its called 'trump real' everyone elses real is different and not as good.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

This Women’s March... I don't get it.

Of course you don't. Your reproductive health isn't being undermined by the very first act of an emboldened Congress.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

"Subject Policy Area: Civil Rights & Liberties, Minority Rights".

That's the GOP for you! Next up under the "Minority Rights" policy area, slashing workers' rights, because as we know employers are the most persecuted minority in the USA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Jan_de_Bakker

He´s now going on about how there is "evidence" that illegals voted in the election.
    Can he just act like the president now that he WON and has been sworn in ?

He is still acting like he is on the campaign and has something to prove about popularity !

oscarBravo wrote: »
    This Women’s March... I don't get it.

Of course you don't. Your reproductive health isn't being undermined by the very first act of an emboldened Congress.
    Hmmm... So, according to you women's reproductive health is being undermined because I'm not paying for their abortions through the my taxpayer dollars. You don't see how asinine that sounds, do you?

Hmmm... So, according to you women's reproductive health is being undermined because I'm not paying for their abortions through the my taxpayer dollars. You don't see how asinine that sounds, do you?

No. Tax. Dollars. Go. To. Funding. Abortion.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭sameoldname

We'll be paying for more flood defences with our tax payers euros thanks to Trump. Guess which is more expensive?

Also, how many times do they have to tell you they don't use money from the US government to pay for abortion services? Even I know that and I don't live there!

Extinction of species has been going on forever. Even before man entered the picture. And overpopulation is very real. The earth soon will be unable to sustain man's population. And it is already too late to change course without major conflicts or diseases that severely culls the population.

Extinction of species has been going on forever. Even before man entered the picture. And overpopulation is very real. The earth soon will be unable to sustain man's population. And it is already too late to change course without major conflicts or diseases that severely culls the population.

Or you know... birth control measures

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Population growth is slowing down rapidly, but sure what are facts to Trumpeteers if not the enemy?

http://blogs.worldbank.org/futuredevelopment/futuredevelopment/rapid-slowdown-population-growth
    Last%20pic%20for%20dramatic%20slowdown%20post.jpg

Also, how many times do they have to tell you they don't use money from the US government to pay for abortion services? Even I know that and I don't live there!

So please tell me then what Trump's executive order to reinstate The Mexico City Policy does.

your anecdotes hold no value, no.

And great: when was the first major rally? How much attendance?
    First hand knowledge of an organization I belonged to from the beginning holds no value in YOUR universe, apparently.

And the first major rally happened some time in early in 2009, I believe. It took Santelli's outrage to motivate us to get loosely organized from where we began as individual outrage. Things don't happen overnight, ya know. Takes a little time to get somewhat organized for a new grassroots movement.

• Advertisement

Or you know... birth control measures
    Birth control measures.... oh yeah, sure. :rolleyes:

http://www.worldpopulationbalance.org/3_times_sustainable

We'll be paying for more flood defences with our tax payers euros thanks to Trump. Guess which is more expensive?
    I'm not familiar with what you are referencing. But if I understand somewhat of what you're saying, I have to wonder why are WE paying for your flood defense measures?

So please tell me then what Trump's executive order to reinstate The Mexico City Policy does.

I thought you were talking about Planned Parenthood, apologies.

I'm not familiar with what you are referencing. But if I understand somewhat of what you're saying, I have to wonder why are WE paying for your flood defense measures?

You're about to get rid of a raft of environmental protection regulation and you are the worlds second largest polluter. Sea levels are rising and will now no doubt accelerate due to these policies.

So yeah, flood defences being paid for from our taxes due to your nations poor decisions.

I thought you were talking about Planned Parenthood, apologies.
    Well, it does affect International Planned Parenthood.

So what's your solution to overpopulation? War? Starvation? God will save/slaughter them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

You're about to get rid of a raft of environmental protection regulation and you are the worlds second largest polluter. Sea levels are rising and will now no doubt accelerate due to these policies.

So yeah, flood defences being paid for from our taxes due to your nations poor decisions.

Ah Shure they can always build an Ark, between the creationists and the global warming deniers. They have no idea and and care less.

Haven't we now experienced 15 years with no warming?

So what's your solution to overpopulation? War? Starvation? God will save/slaughter them?
    War and starvation will happen because of overpopulation. God has nothing to do with it. It's man's doing.

• Advertisement

Mr.Micro wrote: »

Ah Shure they can always build an Ark, between the creationists and the global warming deniers. They have no idea and and care less.
    I have over 20 acres that I keep wooded and in a natural state. It converts co2 into oxygen to sustain thousands of people. What are you doing?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement