Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President 'The Donald' Trump and Surprising Consequences - Mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

recedite wrote: »
    Yes, I accept that is also true.
    If we add up all these alternative facts, would it be fair to say that "both" the POTUS and the President of Mexico had arrived at an agreement not to meet?

"Both" as in "collectively, but not necessarily while both in the same place" ;)
    Yeah, it's like saying yourself and Emma Watson both decided that she wouldn't be going out on a date with you. :pac: You may have arrived at the same conclusion, but at vastly different times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Who's Emma Watson?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Who's Emma Watson?

A girl with whom you won't be going on a date :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Harika

More alternative facts. Yes it was the President of Mexico's "decision", but only after Trump had strongly "suggested" it would be best.
    http://www.newsday.com/news/nation/trump-suggests-canceling-mexico-meeting-in-tweet-1.13017742

Are elder statesmen now starting a pissing contest who cancelled a meeting first? "No you were second, no you were second, I cancelled first, no I cancelled first, no I cancelled first, no I cancelled first." :confused:
    Edit: One thing you can now measure Trumps success will be the outcome of this Mexico "whopaysthewall" disaster. Will a solution be found where both states will be happy or will it spiral out of control?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

This is absolutely hilarious...

http://www.hewillnotdivide.us/

Depressed people who have trouble accepting democracy and moving on chanting ''He will not divide us'' to a CCTV camera and mic installed on a wall on a street in New York. Very cult like behaviour. Repetitive chanting is a hallmark of cults. They are a parody of themselves. It's is like a real life episode of South Park.

• Advertisement

Harika wrote: »
    Are elder statesmen now starting a pissing contest who cancelled a meeting first? "No you were second, no you were second, I cancelled first, no I cancelled first, no I cancelled first, no I cancelled first."
    Now you have strayed outside the competing world of alternative facts, and into the world of makey uppy.
    Neither President is claiming to have been "first". It was a gradual process of escalation.

A girl with whom you won't be going on a date :pac:
    Oh, I didn't realise she was tweeting about me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Harika

Now you have strayed outside the competing world of alternative facts, and into the world of makey uppy.
    Neither President is claiming to have been "first". It was a gradual process of escalation.

Excuse me: their fans, followers, supporters whatsoever.

Harika wrote: »
    whatsoever...
    The media. Yep, same old bull$hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Nobody really cares about the crowd size on the day anyway.

Trump does. He really, really does. On his first day in office, he spent time berating the Parks dude and demanding more pics proving Trumps crowd was yuge.

He is still talking about it. he already has a picture on his wall, and points it out in his big TV interview.

likewise he cares that he lost the popular vote - he has invented a scenario with 5 million illegals voting for Hillary to justify how he "really" won - but it is baloney.

He simply cannot deal with the idea that he lost, or that Obama was more popular. Fake News! Sad!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

B0jangles wrote: »
    I was waiting for your response actually; an intelligent, rational person would realize that they had been duped by a deceitful source, and would acknowledge what had happened; a foolishly stubborn person would double-down.

Its increasingly clear what you are.

I don’t know what you’re getting on about. I acknowledged that the picture from the recent article I read apparently was taken from a file photo. Media often does that with the explanation that it is a representation of the point being made (as was mine). The examples you presented from different years seems to prove that point. But if it will make you happy for some reason, I’ll perform 3-Our Fathers and 2-Hail Mary’s as penance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,936 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

This is absolutely hilarious...

http://www.hewillnotdivide.us/

Depressed people who have trouble accepting democracy and moving on chanting ''He will not divide us'' to a CCTV camera and mic installed on a wall on a street in New York. Very cult like behaviour. Repetitive chanting is a hallmark of cults. They are a parody of themselves. It's is like a real life episode of South Park.

So is assigning grandiose titles to your leader, e.g. "God-Emperor" and "The Donald".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭rgossip30

Trump does. He really, really does. On his first day in office, he spent time berating the Parks dude and demanding more pics proving Trumps crowd was yuge.

He is still talking about it. he already has a picture on his wall, and points it out in his big TV interview.

likewise he cares that he lost the popular vote - he has invented a scenario with 5 million illegals voting for Hillary to justify how he "really" won - but it is baloney.

He simply cannot deal with the idea that he lost, or that Obama was more popular. Fake News! Sad!

he lost then why is he President ?
    I was half-joking, but on further reflection "educated" is extraordinarily subjective. One might think someone with an undergraduate degree is "educated"; another might think subjectively that finishing high school / leaving cert makes a person "educated"; another might think having a master's degree makes a person "educated"; whilst someone else might scoff at that with their PhD; which a medical doctor might find equally as scoff-worthy.

Some just feel the need to type and type .

So is assigning grandiose titles to your leader, e.g. "God-Emperor" and "The Donald".

You need to keep up with the times... it's now The Orange Overlord. :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

rgossip30 wrote: »
    he lost then why is he President ?

Nobody is saying that he lost the election to become president.

Just that he had less votes, and less people at the inauguration than other people did.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

robinph wrote: »

Just that he had less votes, and less people at the inauguration than other people did.

He needs to build a wall around that and get over it.

I thought according to you Putin was my leader. Bewildered, delirious hipsters and freaks swaying from side to side chanting ''he will not divide us'' 24/7. Cult like behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I thought according to you Putin was my leader. Bewildered, delirious hipsters and freaks swaying from side to side chanting ''he will not divide us'' 24/7. Cult like behaviour.
    Chain of command, Putin is Trump's leader. ;)

Billy86 wrote: »
    Chain of command, Putin is Trump's leader. ;)

Putin has a video in his top drawer of two hookers pissing on Trump in a Russian hotel room apparently. He keeps it next to his videos of an abominable snowman and proof that Elvis is still alive.

Putin has a video in his top drawer of two hookers pissing on Trump in a Russian hotel room apparently. He keeps it next to his videos of an abominable snowman and proof that Elvis is still alive.

Maybe or maybe not, though your second sentence is considerably less (edit) likely. Probably just a lot of shady connections that make Trump claim he has no dealings whatsoever with Russia and has never met Putin, despite all his listed dealings with Russia (that his son will attest to) and his previous bragging about his meeting with Putin. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

As is when a leader terrorizes his followers, seeks to isolate them, makes wild promises utterly detached from reality, repeatedly demonstrably lies to them, and claims to be their only saviour.

As is when a leader terrorizes his followers, seeks to isolate them, makes wild promises utterly detached from reality, repeatedly demonstrably lies to them, and claims to be their only saviour.
    You must be thinking of someone other than Trump because he seems to be doing everything he said he would during the campaign.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/316411-surprise-trump-doing-what-he-said-he-would

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

I'll take their chanting over of a bunch of deluded 'true believers' salivating over of the bloated, fake tan, blowhard demi-god as they chant 'lock her up' and 'build that wall' whipping themselves into a state of near ecstasy while Trumpolini manipulates and feeds into their basest desires for personal gain.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Nobody really cares about the crowd size on the day anyway.

You haven't figured out "alternative facts" yet, have you? They're pretty similar in concept to "doublethink".

Nobody cares about the crowd size, which by the way was yuuge, bigger than Obama's. Nobody wants to see Trump's tax returns, there's nothing to see in the tax returns. The only people who want to see the tax returns are the media, who would only use the information in the tax returns to attack the president. But there's nothing in them that would interest anyone. Obama was a dictator for using executive orders. Trump is getting things done: look how many executive orders he's signed! Hillary was a crook, she may have used insecure email! @POTUS is tweeting from an insecure Android device, with a Twitter account connected to a Gmail account, but that's OK, because Trump knows all about hacking: he has a ten-year-old son, and you should never use computers because it's safer to write things down. Clinton was a warmonger, but the new administration just threatened an illegal naval blockade in the South China Sea.

It all makes sense - you just need to switch off the part of your brain that thinks critically about things, and accept what the Dear Leader tells you.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,974 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Amerika wrote: »
    You must be thinking of someone other than Trump because he seems to be doing everything he said he would during the campaign.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/316411-surprise-trump-doing-what-he-said-he-would

draining the swamp by filling his cabinet with swamp-people? Or making Americans pay for his border wall? What you gettin at willis.

oscarBravo wrote: »
    It all makes sense - you just need to switch off the part of your brain that thinks critically about things, and accept what the Dear Leader tells you.
    Definitely nothing cult-like to see here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

robinph wrote: »

The electoral college was won by a landslide by him and unlike when Bush was elected and those who were irate Gore was cheated gave up their outrage after a while leaving only the nutty protesters to refuse to accept him. With President Trump now in office the banjaxed media continues to groan that Trump is a fraud. Democracy according to some is not served after an exhaustive campaign. It's not Trump's delinquencies it is the corp media for selling a con to the American public & American taxpayer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭BabyCheeses

Overheal wrote: »
    draining the swamp by filling his cabinet with swamp-people? Or making Americans pay for his border wall? What you gettin at willis.

Lock her up? Repeal and replace? Taxes? Muslim ban and registry?

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Hillary was a crook, she may have used insecure email! @POTUS is tweeting from an insecure Android device, with a Twitter account connected to a Gmail account, but that's OK, because Trump knows all about hacking.
    OK, I'm not sure if you will understand any of this but I will attempt to explain.
    Twitter is not supposed to be secure, it is designed to allow the user to disseminate info to the public.

Classified documents that Clinton had stored on her private e-mail server were not meant to be accessible by the general public.

When Trump tweets a link to classified documents, come back to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

This is the guy who's research Trump is touting as the reasoning behind his 3.5-5 million illegal votes, a dude with a shítty crowd sourced App who can't answer basic questions about methodology or the stats.........if only this wasn't the new day to day norm. SAD!
    On Friday morning, just a day after Vice President Pence told members of Congress that the Trump administration is planning a “full evaluation” of “the overall integrity of our voting system,” President Trump tweeted about a voter fraud reporting app called VoteStand, whose creator, Gregg Phillips, claims to have found 3 million incidences of illegal votes in November’s election:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/01/27/some_dude_with_an_app_gives_trump_his_voter_fraud_ideas.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement