Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President 'The Donald' Trump and Surprising Consequences - Mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/827112633224544256

What in the actual **** goes through this man's head?

A couple of clowns cause trouble, the University condemns them, and then he suggests he'll cut federal funding.

There's also ZERO evidence the troublemakers were students.
    Around 1,500 people gathered to peacefully protest Mr Yiannopoulos' visit before a smaller group of people dressed in black started a wave of vandalism.
    “This was a group of agitators who were masked up, throwing rocks, commercial grade fireworks and Molotov cocktails at officers,” said UC Berkeley Police Chief Margo Bennet.

It would not surprise me in the slightest if Milo and his slimeball organisation paid these clowns to cause trouble and make them look like the victims. He's a horrible human being who along with his rotten fake news machine makes up blatant lies in order to fund their fascist ideology.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Christy42 wrote: »
    I literally said there was already tensions in my post.

China seems to feel Trump's rhetoric matters. Saying there should consequences over the south Sea is fine. You have to stand up to them. Trump has gone out of his way to piss them off.

It is a wonder China in the last months of the Obama presidency chose to capture a US undersea drone.
    They eventually gave it back, but these countries have been playing games to annoy each other for a long time.

It was argued on CNN that in game theory that was Trump which is being unpredictable is a legitimate strategy, once it is part of an overall plan with overall goals.
    I don't know if this is part of a game theory, but China is being unpredictable too, it is not like one side is playing a game and annoying the other, both sides are making threats, doing things to irk the other side.

China will of course do their best to express annoyance at Trump. They see people like you and others and they know the propaganda will be lapped up and China in this scenario is not the loser, Trump is as he is then blamed for making things worse.
    Propaganda wars between two superpowers, while the serious stuff in the South China sea and economic area has been ongoing for years now.

A couple of clowns cause trouble, the University condemns them, and then he suggests he'll cut federal funding.

There's also ZERO evidence the troublemakers were students.

It would not surprise me in the slightest if Milo and his slimeball organisation paid these clowns to cause trouble and make them look like the victims. He's a horrible human being who along with his rotten fake news machine makes up blatant lies in order to fund their fascist ideology.

I read in another thread, that these people dressed in black are anarchists and regularly cause violence in Berkeley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Christy42 wrote: »
    I literally said there was already tensions in my post.

China seems to feel Trump's rhetoric matters. Saying there should consequences over the south Sea is fine. You have to stand up to them. Trump has gone out of his way to piss them off.
    You see, Robert knows actually addressing and acknowledging the points made kind of ruins his argument, so it's pretty clear he'll just continue to ignore them.

Someone used a sports analogy earlier in the thread, carrying that on its like if Jose mourinho were to play a 442 formation with Ashley Young in goals for man utd, Dailly Blind as a striker and ander herrera at fullback and face backlash for it, for someone unwilling to criticise him to try and just repeatedly claim "man utd have pretty much always played 442 so nothing to see here"... and when repeatedly having it pointed out to them that said players had never been used in those positions in a 442 or not, to try and prove some point by repeatedly asking about man utd playing 442 for decades, even to the point of ignoring others acknowledging that because they know discussing what was being brought up would ruin their argument.

Its conceding the points made by an inability to address them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

I'm pretty sure Robert has about half of us on ignore at this point, he's certainly not interested in responding to anything I've posted in the last couple of days.

I suppose it is easier to nitpick about details about China than comment plausibly on the diplomatic turmoil with regards to Yemen, Iran, Iraq, Sudan, Libya, Syria, Somalia, Mexico and Australia

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Ignoring the strange notion that the university is engaging in violence, is Trump asking about federal funding for the university, inviting a poll of opinions regarding that funding, or threatening removal of that funding in some inept fashion?

It's all very unclear.

RobertKK wrote: »
    I read in another thread, that these people dressed in black are anarchists and regularly cause violence in Berkeley.

Could you link us the post?

Since they're masked, how does anyone know they're not just Trump supporters or fascists who mask themselves to make bad publicity for the other side?

Not saying that's exactly what happened, but it was a tactic employed by the Nazi's to justify their actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,443 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Sure Donald is telling his defence forces to ignore these type of anarchists and concentrate solely on Muslim terrorists.
    What's he worried about?

B0jangles wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure Robert has about half of us on ignore at this point, he's certainly not interested in responding to anything I've posted in the last couple of days.

I suppose it is easier to nitpick about details about China than comment plausibly on the diplomatic turmoil with regards to Yemen, Iran, Iraq, Sudan, Libya, Syria, Somalia, Mexico and Australia

You are not obsessive.
    You did not drag up posts from last year from this forum to post on After Hours to have a go at me.
    I admit I did it after the 2nd time Billy did it, so he could see how it is not nice, we can all dig up posts to post a selective view of someone to make them look a particular way, and how he didn't choose to post this post from me:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=101549527&postcount=5742
    I think Trump will win this barring any more scandal.

I can see him winning Florida, North Carolina, Ohio, Nevada, Utah and Arizona.
    Then flip somewhere like New Hampshire which would give a tie, or somewhere like Colorado or as recent activity has shown with both the Clinton and Trump camps campaigning in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan, and with Clinton having started TV ads there again, they are also back in play.
    States the Clintons thought they had wrapped up are showing trends to Trump, the thing is will the momentum be halted or will it continue.

Kelly Ayotte looks like winning the senate seat in New Hampshire and while she doesn't like either Trump or Clinton, I think she could drag Trump to a win New Hampshire.
    That would put Trump and Clinton at 269 each, if Trump wins Florida, North Carolina, Ohio and Nevada,think Trump wins Arizona relatively easily in the end.

The signs are not good for Clinton, and election day cannot come soon enough for her.

That was five days before the election, but Billy would rather take posts and try and make me look bad in his eyes, rather than post his own posts where he kept saying the election was over weeks before the election as he wondered how big a win Clinton would have.

If someone wants to denigrate all the time I will hit back. I answer questions but sometimes the answer is not what any of us want when we ask a question of someone.

I have no one on ignore, and Bojangles, you have not acted in a way that comes across as obsessive towards me, I admit I have turned more hostile towards Billy since his antics when up many notches last week, because he went very hostile towards me.
    He use to be someone I respected, and that is what made it worse for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Mirror game

Mental age? 10-12.
    To be honest, I think that's unintentionally a little insulting to 10 year olds; I've seen 10 year old kids give well-contructed, coherent speeches without cards or notes, like this kid for example:

Trump is more like a 3 year old who hasn't had enough nap-time.

Trumps mental age has come up a lot, and it may well be as bad as it seems but it must be remembered how he acted during the debates when all the fuss was about him not respecting the results of the election. All he did was crack a joke "I will totally accept " election results "if I win".
    In the minds of his supporters or those considering him that one line completely changed the dynamic of that issue. And if you look at his recent tour of the white house were he's talking about his "sea of love" its hard to believe that he's not taking the piss.
    The best we can hope for is that, he is very immuture, because if his piss taking is part of some well worked out formula based on poll results and experience that Bannon, Kushner and the likes have been working on over the years that would be a serious issue.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Billy86 wrote: »
    You see, Robert knows actually addressing and acknowledging the points made kind of ruins his argument, so it's pretty clear he'll just continue to ignore them.

You are not obsessive.
    You did not drag up posts from last year from this forum to post on After Hours to have a go at me.
    I admit I did it after the 2nd time Billy did it, so he could see how it is not nice, we can all dig up posts to post a selective view of someone to make them look a particular way, and how he didn't choose to post this post from me:

Mod Note:

Stop the personal back and forth please or you will be banned. Quite apart from the standards of debate and the civility requirements, this stuff is completely off topic.

Could you link us the post?

Since they're masked, how does anyone know they're not just Trump supporters or fascists who mask themselves to make bad publicity for the other side?

Not saying that's exactly what happened, but it was a tactic employed by the Nazi's to justify their actions.

Apologies I thought it was on boards that I read that, but it was elsewhere and I can't remember where it was exactly.
    But violence in Berkeley is not uncommon:

http://www.dailycal.org/2014/12/07/police-fire-tear-gas-protesters-berkeley-demonstration-disperses-3-m/

It may have just been students as this is from last December:
    The crowd originally consisted largely of community members from Berkeley and surrounding cities, but it was joined by a rush of UC Berkeley students later in the night, as the interactions between police and demonstrators escalated in violence.

Well it's quite obvious he has a narcisstic personality disorder. It's a flaw that probably makes him unsuitable for elected political office.

It is debatable whether it helps in business, tho a significant percentage of business leaders have it. However, it makes them also unsuitable as business partners.

Very simply, too much focus on self. But as POTUS, it's the position that commands authority and respect, more so than the person who happens to hold the position at any time.

Very simply, the wrong person for the job.

Apologies I thought it was on boards that I read that, but it was elsewhere and I can't remember where it was exactly.
    But violence in Berkeley is not uncommon:

http://www.dailycal.org/2014/12/07/police-fire-tear-gas-protesters-berkeley-demonstration-disperses-3-m/

It may have just been students as this is from last December:

Ah come on Robert that was 2 years ago, and the protest was BLM not against the 'Alt Right'.

Read the quote I posted above from the police officer, the peaceful gathering was all students until a small group of masked people started the trouble. I'm not saying for certain they weren't students, but neither can anyone prove they were.

Surely Trump threatening to cut federal funding to one of the world's top Universities is an overreaction, no?

Well, if he keeps commenting on every tittle tattle, his words and pronouncements will be dulled by overuse.

Even threathening to send troops into a neighbouring friendly country is just lunatic stuff. Keep mouthing off like that and his comments will lose all meaning and credibility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Water John wrote: »
    Well it's quite obvious he has a narcisstic personality disorder.

Perhaps, perhaps not, it's not uncommon for these and those with psychopathic type tendencies tend to be great leaders which explains their rise to the top.

Not great to work with, agreed, but good for making difficult decisions and getting work done.

Meanwhile in other news:

Amnesty International has pledged to stage mass protests if US President Donald Trump visits Northern Ireland.

According to the Impartial Reporter former first ministers Arlene Foster and Martin McGuinness sent a congratulatory letter to the US President and said he would be assured of a "warm welcome".

However, Amnesty International said it will mobilise as many people as possible to give him 'the welcome he deserves'.

Ah come on Robert that was 2 years ago, and the protest was BLM not against the 'Alt Right'.

Read the quote I posted above from the police officer, the peaceful gathering was all students until a small group of masked people started the trouble. I'm not saying for certain they weren't students, but neither can anyone prove they were.

Surely Trump threatening to cut federal funding to one of the world's top Universities is an overreaction, no?

There was a generator that had petrol in it that caught fire in the violence, that was potentially very dangerous, I watched it live last night, the CNN reporter went to run away as she saw it caught fire for the fear it would explode.
    I would not worry over the threat of federal funds cut, it might help to focus the minds of the university to work harder to avoid such violence and maybe invite people who are less controversial if they are unable to control the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Water John wrote: »
    Well it's quite obvious he has a narcisstic personality disorder. It's a flaw that probably makes him unsuitable for elected political office.

It is debatable whether it helps in business, tho a significant percentage of business leaders have it. However, it makes them also unsuitable as business partners.

Very simply, too much focus on self. But as POTUS, it's the position that commands authority and respect, more so than the person who happens to hold the position at any time.

Very simply, the wrong person for the job.

I'll take a narcissist over a psychopath any day of the week. Was Clinton the ''right person for the job''? There is no doubt whatsoever that Clinton (backed by Soros etc) would have ratcheted up tensions with Russia, possibly to the point of no return. The professionally outraged would have had nothing whatsoever to say about it because if whoever is in the White House has left cover they remain silent, on everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

maybe invite people who are less controversial if they are unable to control the situation.

Punching Nazis works.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

There is no doubt whatsoever that Clinton (backed by Soros etc) would have ratcheted up tensions with Russia, possibly to the point of no return.

There isn't?

Oh wait. There is.

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I'll take a narcissist over a psychopath any day of the week.
    Maybe - if you're absolutely certain that the narcissist isn't also a psychopath.
    There is no doubt whatsoever that Clinton (backed by Soros etc) would have ratcheted up tensions with Russia, possibly to the point of no return.

It's beyond bizarre that Trump's acolytes are still responding to his ratcheting up tensions with every country he talks to other than Russia with "Clinton would DEFINITELY have started a war with Russia."

I would not worry over the threat of federal funds cut, it might help to focus the minds of the university to work harder to avoid such violence and maybe invite people who are less controversial if they are unable to control the situation.

I didn't ask if you believed he would do it, I asked if you thought it was an overreaction. Is it appropriate for him to threaten a funding cut over 1 incident like this?

Milo and the rest of his crowd constantly berate institutions and media organisations for not allowing them to speak. This is the exact thing they give out about.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

I'll take a narcissist over a psychopath any day of the week. Was Clinton the ''right person for the job''? There is no doubt whatsoever that Clinton (backed by Soros etc) would have ratcheted up tensions with Russia, possibly to the point of no return. The professionally outraged would have had nothing whatsoever to say about it because if whoever is in the White House has left cover they remain silent, on everything.
    Clinton isn't president. That narrative is over. The time for discussing alternatives was before the election. WYSIWYG.

I didn't ask if you believed he would do it, I asked if you thought it was an overreaction. Is it appropriate for him to threaten a funding cut over 1 incident like this?

Milo and the rest of his crowd constantly berate institutions and media organisations for not allowing them to speak. This is the exact thing they give out about.

I think it was fine. It was like saying to a child if you don't eat your vegetables you won't get what you want.
    Just the same principle.
    Last March, Trump had to call off a rally due to concerns of violence in Chicago.
    Common sense is needed, and money being in question will focus people to avoid situations like last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭Harika

Seems Trump disses Arnold Schwarzenegger at National Prayer Breakfast, for the low ratings of the "Apprentice"

Arnold's spokesmen replied

C3qyRsIUEAEUvf2.jpg:small

and Arnold himself

https://twitter.com/Schwarzenegger/status/827169996866347008

Seriously, Trump has nothing better to do, than to bitch about television ratings of a tv show? Arnold even didn't mock him before and said to give him a chance. In the rate he pisses off enemies and people on the fence, as second term becomes more and more unlikely and we are only two weeks in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Maybe - if you're absolutely certain that the narcissist isn't also a psychopath.

It's beyond bizarre that Trump's acolytes are still responding to his ratcheting up tensions with every country he talks to other than Russia with "Clinton would DEFINITELY have started a war with Russia."
    It's easier than defending temp, which you rarely actually see Trump fans do directly here beyond trying to blame others for Trump's carry on.

And the number of signs/symptoms of psychopathy boxes that Trump ticks is simply remarkable - http://www.healthyplace.com/personality-disorders/psychopath/psychopathy-definition-symptoms-signs-and-causes/ - indeed, some of his fanbases favourite things about him are literally the signs of psychopathy listed that he gives off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Remember when Freedom of Speech and the freedom of the press were things that were cornerstones of what the United States claimed to stand for?

https://twitter.com/imWaavey/status/826930342271541251?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Not anymore.

(watch to the end, it manages to get even worse)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Remember when Freedom of Speech and the freedom of the press were things that were cornerstones of what the United States claimed to stand for?

https://twitter.com/imWaavey/status/826930342271541251?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Not anymore.

(watch to the end, it manages to get even worse)

Can you please tell us what is in it and why we should watch it?

Harika wrote: »
    Seems Trump disses Arnold Schwarzenegger at National Prayer Breakfast, for the low ratings of the "Apprentice"

Arnold's spokesmen replied

C3qyRsIUEAEUvf2.jpg:small

and Arnold himself

https://twitter.com/Schwarzenegger/status/827169996866347008

Seriously, Trump has nothing better to do, than to bitch about television ratings of a tv show? Arnold even didn't mock him before and said to give him a chance. In the rate he pisses off enemies and people on the fence, as second term becomes more and more unlikely and we are only two weeks in!

It was light hearted fun, I saw it live, he asked people to pray for Arnie as the rating for the Apprentice are not the best according to Donald.

He then went onto and I will quote my post from the Political cafe:

Trump speaking at the National Prayer Breakfast.
    He started off by saying Arnie needs a lot of prayers as his ratings for the Apprentice are poor.
    He said a lot of very wealthy people are materially wealthy, but are miserable because they are not spiritually wealthy, and he has seen the opposite where people who are not materially wealthy are happy people as they are spiritually wealthy.
    Trump says he was brought up in a 'churched home'.

Then on to religious minorities being attacked and says religious freedom is under attack in the world.
    Speaking out about peaceful Muslims being attacked by groups like ISIS.
    Christians being beheaded.
    Jews under attacks.
    He says ISIS is a threat to many religions.
    He says everyone needs to speak out against this violence and it is not right to discriminate against any religion, and the US will be bringing in new immigration laws soon.
    That immigrants must respect religious freedom, and must love the values of the US.
    Trump said "Freedom of religion is a sacred right"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭rgossip30

The Thread should be renamed, The hate Donald Thread .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement