Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President 'The Donald' Trump and Surprising Consequences - Mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Can you please tell us what is in it and why we should watch it?

It's only 45 seconds long but ok - A reporter at a press conference presses Trump on his anti-immigration policies and Trump refuses to answer then has the reporter thrown out. The person throwing him out tells him to "get out of my country". Reporter responds that he is a US citizen, (not that that should matter). It is an illustration of how Trump is behaving more like a dictator than a democratically elected leader.

Edit: Correction it's a pre-election Trump so not fair to call him a democratically elected leader at that point. However the point still stands that Trump thinks it is acceptable for him to have legitimate reporters who ask hard questions thrown out and insulted by his team.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

B0jangles wrote: »
    Remember when Freedom of Speech and the freedom of the press were things that were cornerstones of what the United States claimed to stand for?

https://twitter.com/imWaavey/status/826930342271541251?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Not anymore.

(watch to the end, it manages to get even worse)

This was last year actually. Never saw the bit at the end though.

'Get out of my country'

'I'm a US citizen'

'...well...whatever'

What an absolute dickhead that Trump aide was.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

RobertKK wrote: »
    That immigrants must respect religious freedom, and must love the values of the US.
    Trump said "Freedom of religion is a sacred right"
    That part will be turned into a meme if the leaked memo on religion which would enshrine Christianity and Catholicism as the US religion into law and action inc. banning LGBT marriage, pro life laws etc. which are all religious nutjob inventions (and not supported by the bible; exactly as many nutjob laws in Muslim countries are not based on the Koran but an extreme interpretation in favour of their opinion). Now I hope the leaked memo is not going to happen because it's effing stupid exactly like Saudi Arabia laws are stupid due to religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

rgossip30 wrote: »
    The Thread should be renamed, The hate Donald Thread .

If you dislike the criticism of him, feel free to defend him, or post anything which can be considered to be good. The only reason it's predominately negative in here, is because 99% of the stuff he's doing is very, very bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Pretty soon the Earth will have to be renamed HateDonaldWorld.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭Harika

RobertKK wrote: »
    It was light hearted fun, I saw it live, he asked people to pray for Arnie as the rating for the Apprentice are not the best according to Donald.

I would agree, if there were not those tweets from before and his personality.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

It's only 45 seconds long but ok - A reporter at a press conference presses Trump on his anti-immigration policies and Trump refuses to answer then has the reporter thrown out. The person throwing him out tells him to "get out of my country". Reporter responds that he is a US citizen, (not that that should matter). It is an illustration of how Trump is behaving more like a dictator than a democratically elected leader.

It is news from the election campaign, a journalist tried to hijack a press conference.
    I don't know how Trump can be blamed for what someone else said.

This is really old news, that I saw on twitter this morning, and seemed to have gained some traction, it was shown on CNN last summer.
    6 month old news and people calling Trump a dictator for the actions of what someone else said.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

Edit: Correction it's a pre-election Trump so not fair to call him a democratically elected leader at that point. However the point still stands that Trump thinks it is acceptable for him to have legitimate reporters who ask hard questions thrown out and insulted by his team.

It was a journalist from Mexico trying to cause trouble. His daughter was on the Hiliary campaign team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

A reporter tried to ask a hard question.

Trump refused to answer and tried to move on to another reporter, but apparently no-one was willing to help him move on.

He then had the reporter thrown out and, as a bonus, the reporter was gratuitously insulted by a member of his staff.

A rational, reasonable person who believed in free speech and the freedom of the press would have given some kind of answer to the question, they would not silence and then eject the questioner.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

It was a journalist from Mexico trying to cause trouble. His daughter was on the Hiliary campaign team.
    Oh that makes it alright so. Pretty lax of them letting such a character into the press conference.

A Mexican with a daughter on Hillary Clinton's team shouldn't be allowed be a journalist anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭Harika

Oh that makes it alright so. Pretty lax of them letting such a character into the press conference.

A Mexican with a daughter on Hillary Clinton's team shouldn't be allowed be a journalist anyway.

Or get work at all! Who is not for Trump simply gets fired, no more problems with #wrong questions.

A reporter tried to ask a hard question.

Trump refused to answer and tried to move on to another reporter, but apparently no-one was willing to help him move on.

He then had the reporter thrown out and, as a bonus, the reporter was gratuitously insulted by a member of his staff.

A rational, reasonable person who believed in free speech and the freedom of the press would have given some kind of answer to the question, they would not silence and then eject the questioner.

It is not like Ramos didn't know the opinion of Trump, and Ramos refused to let any other journalist speak and that is why he was thrown out.
    That was fine, what was said to him afterwards was not, and one can't blame Trump for what someone else said.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

FA Hayek wrote: »
    No, the world is not going to end, no matter how many people are willing it. People are losing the run off themselves with fantasy nonsense. They are actually enjoying feeling afraid. The democrats and the media are peddling fear, fear of Trump, to mobilise their base. People are stupid enough to fall for it.

No that is not true. Bush was the one who started this war on terror stuff, fuelling fear in the American public. It allowed him and his Government to set up Homeland security and other outfits, and kept people afraid. Obama continued in the same vein IMO, but to say it was just the Democrats peddling fear is totally incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭rgossip30

Pretty soon the Earth will have to be renamed HateDonaldWorld.

A new terrorist organisation from within , the left and radical Muslims and anyone else can tag along .
    You ain't seen HATE speech yet . Reality TV up a notch rating 5* .

On CNN now, they are saying the attack in Yemen that killed Al Qaeda members,also killed 13 civilians and it was planned by the Obama administration, and approved by Trump.
    Trump like Obama killed many innocent people in their first week in office.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

But everyone loves Donald Duck.:D

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    No that is not true. Bush was the one who started this war on terror stuff, fuelling fear in the American public. It allowed him and his Government to set up Homeland security and other outfits, and kept people afraid. Obama continued in the same vein IMO, but to say it was just the Democrats peddling fear is totally incorrect.
    Dubya also brought in the Patriot Act and the danger status colours.

What was it again?

Green: Be prepared to be afraid
    Yellow: Be afraid
    Orange: Be very afraid
    Red: Run like fúck

;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

He can be whatever he wants to be, so long as he's honest. He was preventing real journalists from asking real questions.

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    But everyone loves Donald Duck.:D

Duck for cover he's coming .

He can be whatever he wants to be, so long as he's honest. He was preventing real journalists from asking real questions.
    It looked to me like the 'real' journalists wanted to hear the answer too.

But you're right. It was an unreal question alright.

• Advertisement

Hiilary Clinton could not negotiate in the middle east an Arab prefers a man and Russia ,forget it .

Hiilary Clinton could not negotiate in the middle east an Arab prefers a man and Russia ,forget it .
    Not sure if serious?

She was Secretary of State. That would have been her job. And apparently; according to many posters on here, she was getting on much too well with the Saudis. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Are you saying that USA should pander to Muslims and their traditions now? And no; they would negotiate with Hillary or any other female if that's the person USA sent because what matters more is the power of the position than the gender of the person.

Not sure if serious?

She was Secretary of State. That would have been her job. And apparently; according to many posters on here, she was getting on much too well with the Saudis. :rolleyes:

Mmm she never mentioned anything about safe zones that I can recall .

Mmm she never mentioned anything about safe zones that I can recall .
    It's a bit early to be hitting the drink. I have no idea what you're talking about. Could you clarify please?

It's a bit early to be hitting the drink. I have no idea what you're talking about. Could you clarify please?

Come on no need for put me downs

Safe zones to be set up in Northern Syria for real refugees .Trump has started negotiations with the Saudi King .

Come on no need for put me downs

Safe zones to be set up in Northern Syria for real refugees .Trump has started negotiations with the Saudi King .
    I hope you'll forgive my impudence, but I was literally confused at what seemed a complete non sequitur.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

No it should be renamed the "documenting Donal trump and his attempts to mess up the USA"

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I see that Donald trump has annoyed the austrialians. Which has led to speaker Paul Ryan and other republicans to have to say that the relationship is a valued one. I mean at some point Paul Ryan and others will get sick of having to walk back stuff their bumbling president is doing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Not sure if serious?

She made light of the untimely demise of the head of state of a Muslim country a Muslim secular country. Had she negotiated with the Saudi's stop stop funding anti Shi'ite Jihadists then her record would be greatly enhanced.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement