Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President 'The Donald' Trump and Surprising Consequences - Mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Gustavowoltman

In my opinion Trump wont do anything for Syria and the situation will get even worse than before because he just does nothing but speak saying that he will and he will not, however no actions are taken to solve what he claims are problems. But I expect that the US economy will get higher because I think that what he's only good at.
    Thanks and regards,
    Gustavo Woltmann

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

I await the ban being extended to Egypt as well as Canada. SAD!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,372 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Yes but business, Hillary, Obama, look over there....

Odds on Egypt being put on the ban list? Zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

But I expect that the US economy will get higher because I think that what he's only good at.

Bankrupting stuff he's responsible for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭rgossip30

Well, Trump likes to grab pussies.

You know, if you think Trump is the answer then you don't understand the question.

sorry prof you need to explain ?

In my opinion Trump wont do anything for Syria and the situation will get even worse than before because he just does nothing but speak saying that he will and he will not, however no actions are taken to solve what he claims are problems. But I expect that the US economy will get higher because I think that what he's only good at.
    Thanks and regards,
    Gustavo Woltmann

Well, no. He's good at being set up in business by Daddy, failing, being baled out by Daddy and hiding his amazing success at paying tax for twenty years. If you think that a billionaire POTUS not paying tax for twenty years is a good thing, then you might think a little deeper.

rgossip30 wrote: »
    sorry prof you need to explain ?

The Donald was recorded saying "Grab 'em by the pussy".

My point is that ordinary people who believe that Trump is going to transform their country/world in a way that benefits them need to reflect deeply on his track record as a 'businessman', 'politician' and as a human being. Also, Heads of State are expected to behave in certain ways. There are many good reasons for that. If you don't understand my explanation then I'm afraid I can't help you further.

Well, no. He's good at being set up in business by Daddy, failing, being baled out by Daddy and hiding his amazing success at paying tax for twenty years. If you think that a billionaire POTUS not paying tax for twenty years is a good thing, then you might think a little deeper.

I was not thinking along those lines .The thing is trump is around a long time everyone knows his past but voters still pulled the trump card .

Bush was a former hell raiser, alcoholic ,found god then became President
    Jimmy carter a peanut farmer .Regan an actor etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Yes but business, Hillary, Obama, look over there....

Odds on Egypt being put on the ban list? Zero.

I was going to sarcastically post how this was all Obama's fault, odds are one of the usual suspect will do it for me, minus the sarcasm.

Thing is, this is likely to give us yet another example of the real failings of the American media - unless they prove me wrong and all hold him/Spicer to task over the attacker being from one of the countries Trump left off his list to avoid hurting his own family's wealth.

• Advertisement

rgossip30 wrote:
    Bush was a former hell raiser, alcoholic ,found god then became President Jimmy carter a peanut farmer .Regan an actor etc

All of the above were better presidents than Trump will ever be, by a country mile. In less than a month, he's flip flopped on policy like a dying salmon, insulted, threatened and mocked friend and foe alike and divided the USA in a way that hasn't been seen since the civil war.

In one month.

He is also an abominable person, but that's by the way.

All of the above were better presidents than Trump will ever be, by a country mile. In less than a month, he's flip flopped on policy like a dying salmon, insulted, threatened and mocked friend and foe alike and divided the USA in a way that hasn't been seen since the civil war.

In one month.

He is also an abominable person, but that's by the way.

A fixer is a shake up .

• Registered Users Posts: 33,948 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Unsurprisingly he is now tearing apart all the safeguards put in place on wall Street post 2008 crash . Dodd Frank.

This is an agressive action to unbridle recklessness.

Whilst unlatching senior bonuses.

Incredible

listermint wrote: »
    Unsurprisingly he is now tearing apart all the safeguards put in place on wall Street post 2008 crash . Dodd Frank.

Incredible

Yeah but at least he's not beholden to Wall Str... oh wait, errr... uhm... err...

OOOOOOBBBBBBAAAAAMMMMMMAAAAAAAAA!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Incredible
    But all his voters love the Wall street guys, right? I esp. loved how he tore up a law that required financial advisors to put their clients interest first. The reason for the law being to prevent people with limited financial understanding being sold products not suitable for them (see Prime loan crisis 2008 for an example); oh baaaaaaaaaaaaad law lets remove it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Inquitus wrote: »
    Interesting allegedly insider account at the WH

I thought it was only conservatives that fall for fake news.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I said allegedly, its been widely reported in the MSM, I am just posting it here and qualifying it as unconfirmed as it makes for some interesting reading.

Nody wrote: »
    But all his voters love the Wall street guys, right? I esp. loved how he tore up a law that required financial advisors to put their clients interest first. The reason for the law being to prevent people with limited financial understanding being sold products not suitable for them (see Prime loan crisis 2008 for an example); oh baaaaaaaaaaaaad law lets remove it!

That'll do wonders for all the lesser-educated, poor folks that voted for him!

Inquitus wrote: »
    I said allegedly, its been widely reported in the MSM, I am just posting it here and qualifying it as unconfirmed as it makes for some interesting reading.

Fair enough, I think it's obviously fake but it's pretty humorous.

Fairly frustrating when people flock to an account like that but ignore something with credibility like Wikileaks.

https://twitter.com/RoguePOTUSStaff/status/826131477519880192

• Advertisement

Hey Hank anything on the Dodd Frank real news?

Or do you prefer to skirt around things you have no defence for.

Or do you prefer to skirt around things you have no defence for.

Haven't gotten around to the liberal media's outrage of the day yet. When I do I may or may not post about it, that OK with you?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Fair enough, I think it's obviously fake but it's pretty humorous.

Poe's Law has come to politics. It's a pretty damning indictment of the current administration that, while that could well be a spoof account, it could equally plausibly be real.

Because, let's face it: is there anything that account has tweeted that's genuinely beyond the bounds of credibility?

Haven't gotten around to the liberal media's outrage of the day yet. When I do I may or may not post about it, that OK with you?

Ah right okay, liberal media made up...

Got ya.

Absolutely beautiful it add credence to my assesments of the average trump promoters.

It's not real news if you know normal people read it.

Il await your assessment when you get around to obtaining the alternative view point from some fringe websites that usually takes a day or so to come up with something.or sure we could just attack the opposition. That works.

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Poe's Law has come to politics. It's a pretty damning indictment of the current administration that, while that could well be a spoof account, it could equally plausibly be real.

Because, let's face it: is there anything that account has tweeted that's genuinely beyond the bounds of credibility?

Simply pointing out the hypocrisy of the "muh Russians" narrative many held of the Wikileaks releases which were actually credible, whilst some apparent unverified account of White house staffers is deemed credible enough to post and nobody bats an eyelid.

I think if the account was in anyway credible it would have been mentioned in one of the press briefings by the media, or somebody from within the administration themselves.

No narrative,

Just looking for thoughts on Dodd Frank dismantling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

The threat once again posed by Islamic terrorism never too far from the headlines. Good that the French police are doing well taking out this deranged extremist. Vive la France.

Ah right okay, liberal media made up...

Got ya.

I didn't say the liberal media made it up in this case, I'm simply pointing to the non stop hysteria that they propagate when he's been following what he said he would do during the campaign.

https://i.redd.it/y7kdgyw2andy.png

I'll post my opinion in around an hour because I have some things to do first.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Yes "the liberal media" (read: 95% of news global news outlets) are well known for peddling bull**** stories. If you want the truth you have to look to bastions of journalistic integrity like infowars and breitbart. Even Fox is a member of the "liberal media" these days. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭DredFX

I think it would be prudent for people to take a small dose of scepticism before reading any news nowadays.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement