Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President 'The Donald' Trump and Surprising Consequences - Mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭conditioned games

Hardly widespread though, he mentioned Nice and Paris and then followed up by saying it was all over Europe.

Also, are the media hiding it?

Sweden has the second highest rapes in the world and the media there try to cover it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Fr D Maugire

Sweden has the second highest rapes in the world and the media there try to cover it up.

Which relates how? Is there anything to back that claim?

Which relates how? Is there anything to back that claim?

Not just that but over 50 no go zone areas in Sweden have being abandoned to muslim immigrants.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Thats a big claim... any proof???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Thats a big claim... any proof???

"The thing is, the number of reported rapes has been going up in Sweden - it's almost trebled in just the last seven years. In 2003, about 2,200 offences were reported by the police, compared to nearly 6,000 in 2010.
    So something's going on.

Sweden has the highest rape rate in Europe, author Naomi Wolf said on the BBC's Newsnight programme recently. This was three times higher than the number of cases in the same year in Sweden's next-door neighbour, Norway, and twice the rate in the United States and the UK. It was more than 30 times the number in India, which recorded about two offences per 100,000 people.
    On the face of it, it would seem Sweden is a much more dangerous place than these other countries.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-19592372

Then there's this UN report. Haven't been able to find anything past 2012.

rsz_1233.png

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Keith olbermann sums up the trump presidency nicely. Dear god.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

"The thing is, the number of reported rapes has been going up in Sweden - it's almost trebled in just the last seven years. In 2003, about 2,200 offences were reported by the police, compared to nearly 6,000 in 2010.
    So something's going on.

Sweden has the highest rape rate in Europe, author Naomi Wolf said on the BBC's Newsnight programme recently. This was three times higher than the number of cases in the same year in Sweden's next-door neighbour, Norway, and twice the rate in the United States and the UK. It was more than 30 times the number in India, which recorded about two offences per 100,000 people.
    On the face of it, it would seem Sweden is a much more dangerous place than these other countries.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-19592372

Then there's this UN report. Haven't been able to find anything past 2012.

rsz_1233.png

I presume you're joking, right.The definition of rape is pretty broad over there. You'd know this if you ever heard of a guy called Julian Assange. More info here if you don't want to click on breitbart.

Even the link that you provided explains this. I had to point this out because, on the face of it, you seemed to be backing up ideas that are more suited to the CT forum.

You wouldn't promote info that you know to be misleading for the sake of an agenda, would you?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Not just that but over 50 no go zone areas in Sweden have being abandoned to muslim immigrants.
    Have you got links for this?

So something's going on.

Of course there is. Sweden changed how it classified and quantified Reported rapes in 2005. The figures instantly had a multiplier effect, putting Sweden out of whack with everyone else. The actual instances of reported rape have risen, but not in any fashion that isn't found in other countries with increased openness about reporting sexual assault. You may have noticed a similar dynamic closer to home.
    In the Swedish system, individual reports regarding a great number of offences may affect and give rise to variations in the statistic. For instance, when a single case is reported that turns out to involve hundreds or even thousands of instances of offences committed against an individual over the course of many years, every single incident is recorded as an offence in the year it was reported. It is also important to remember that non-reporting is particularly extensive for sex offences and changes in the inclination to report can affect the number of rapes in the statistic.

The number of reported rape offences has increased over the last ten years (2006-2015). The increase can be partially explained by the entry into force of new sex offence legislation on 1 April 2005. This legislation entails, among other things, that certain acts which were previously classified as sexual exploitation are now classified as rape. The effect of the statutory change appeared in the statistics such that the number of reported offences in respect of sexual coercion and exploitation declined in the years immediately following the statutory change while the number of reported rapes increased. As from 1 July 2013, the sex offence legislation was again made tougher; among other things rape was expanded to include cases where the victim reacts passively.
    https://www.bra.se/bra/bra-in-english/home/crime-and-statistics/rape-and-sex-offences.html

Oh, and those increased figures for reported rape in the years post the classification change: 2006:4,208, 2015: 5,916. No trebling over the last seven years evident on those figures.

In Ireland the reported instances of rapes were: in 2006: 369, and in 2015: 536, in a scenario where it's estimated that only one in ten sexual assaults are actually reported and only 37% of rapes registered by the rape crisis centres are reported. Irelands population is 4.6 million compared to 9.5 million in Sweden.

I presume you're joking, right.The definition of rape is pretty broad over there. You'd know this if you ever heard of a guy called Julian Assange. More info here if you don't want to click on breitbart.

Even the link that you provided explains this. I had to point this out because, on the face of it, you seemed to be backing up ideas that are more suited to the CT forum.

You wouldn't promote info that you know to be misleading for the sake of an agenda, would you?

I have no agenda other than I'm against the mass immigration of people from Countries with cultures that fail to integrate. I think Islam is a dangerous ideology which suppresses basic human rights. That isn't really up for debate is it?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/apr/11/british-muslims-strong-sense-of-belonging-poll-homosexuality-sharia-law

What am I misleading? You're right in the sense there's no hardcore data available but all you can do is use the stuff that's been reported on. Here's a link which refers to sexual assaults and not specifically the term rape.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/sweden-and-denmark-have-highest-number-of-sexual-assaults-in-europe-a6800901.html

Then there's stuff like this, where coverups are happening. The though of something like that happening here is mindblowing, but there's so many similar stories at what do you begin to question it?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jan/11/swedish-police-accused-cover-up-sex-attacks-refugees-festival

I have no idea what point you're trying to prove with Julian Assange. He would have been extradited to the US if the Swedish authorities got hold of him so his case isn't a good example to use for obvious reasons.

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/807291023068164096?lang=en

Donal55 wrote: »
    Well in fairness over the last number of years the only terrorism in Europe has been Islamic.

The Norwegians might beg to differ.

Breakdown of categorisations and volume of terrorist attacks in the EU (obviously there's been high loss of life in a few Islamist attacks since, but the instances of Islamic attacks are still the minority):

Terrorist_Attacks_in_the_EU_by_Affiliation.png

I have no agenda other than I'm against the mass immigration of people from Countries with cultures that fail to integrate. I think Islam is a dangerous ideology which suppresses basic human rights. That isn't really up for debate is it?

So, no agenda beyond bigotry. Gotcha.

alastair wrote: »
    So, no agenda beyond bigotry. Gotcha.

Bigotry? Over half of Muslims in the UK think homosexuality should be illegal and a quarter of them want Sharia law according to the guardian. Women need to cover themselves and are treated poorly. I don't agree with that, do you?

You've conveniently posted an old diagram when there's been a string of terrorist attacks most noticeably over the past 2 years. The graph below only shows up to July for the year of 2016. It doesn't show the 39 killed in the Turkey nightclub shooting or the truck market incident in Germany.

map-605536.jpg

You've conveniently posted an old diagram when there's been a string of terrorist attacks most noticeably over the past 2 years. The graph below only shows up to July for the year of 2016. It doesn't show the 39 killed in the Turkey nightclub shooting or the truck market incident in Germany.

Because the discussion related to the last ten years in Europe. Turkey isn't part of Europe either.

alastair wrote: »
    Because the discussion related to the last ten years in Europe. Turkey isn't part of Europe either.

Do the countries matter, when it is normal to make excuses for terrorists?

If you want to exclude Turkey, according to this

http://www.latimes.com/world/europe/la-fg-europe-terror-20160715-snap-htmlstory.html

From January 2015 - July 2016, 278 people were killed by Islamic terrorism in Europe.

Also I don't appreciate being called a bigot because I see suppression of rights in an ideology that are outdated and not wanted in modern society.

You failed to answer my question, do you think I'm a bigot because I think half of UK Muslim's thinking homosexuality should be illegal is a problem, and 25% of them wanting Sharia Law.

Things like that could never happen, sure buzzfeed the site who regularly posts articles like "21 things white people ruined" said so. There's a documentary by 60 minutes where the film crew get attacked in Sweden by migrants, or you could just use something like below to show the negative reality. The point about if no go zones exist or not in Sweden is irrelevant, there are culture integration problems and we only have to look across the pond to see that.

https://youtu.be/Dao89RedIco?t=70

There was a good post in the AH multiculturalism thread, which also has a reference to supposed no-go zones.

It's pretty interesting that a policeman in the city of Orebro, Sweden, feels he can now tell the truth as he will retire soon.
    He points out that the vast majority of crimes are committed by migrants.

He lists the suspects in the cases and the home counties of the alleged perpetrators.
    He wrote: “Iraq, Iraq, Turkey, Syria, Afghanistan, Somalia, Somalia, Syria again, Somalia, unknown, unknown country, Sweden.

“Half of the suspects, we can't be sure because they don't have any valid papers. Which in itself usually means that they're lying about their nationality and identity. Now we are only talking about Örebro municipality.”

Orebro has aprox 130K population.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/763354/Migrants-blame-serious-crimes-Sweden-police-officer-blasts-rant

Imo some people are underestimating the problems in Europe, I'm all for multiculturalism, but only if the cultures involved also embrace it. It's unfair to be insulted for believing that. This is what happens to a society, culture & social cohesion when spineless unprincipled left wing imbeciles infiltrate the corridors of power, and brainwash people with their dogma about multiculturalism and political correctness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭jaykay74

I heard Birmingham in England is also a no go area. Desperate stuff. Anything to back up your claim ? I have a fox news link for mine.

• Advertisement

jaykay74 wrote: »
    I heard Birmingham in England is also a no go area. Desperate stuff. Anything to back up your claim ? I have a fox news link for mine.

Try google there's alot of information about it out there provided you actually want to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Try google there's alot of information about it out there provided you actually want to know.

If you don't back up your opinion then don't be surprised when you are called out on it. It just means people don't take you seriously but thats fine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

When I went to bed last night this thread was in politics, but judging by the posts this morning it appears es to have been moved to After Hours. Some fine diversionary work by Trump fans it must be said! :pac:

Billy86 wrote: »
    When I went to bed last night this thread was in politics, but judging by the posts this morning it appears es to have been moved to After Hours. Some fine diversionary work by Trump fans it must be said! :pac:

After hours was where all the cool kids hung out until that thread got closed, now we're stuck here in real life where believing that there's problems with mass immigration from certain regions makes you a bigot.

What's the hot topic to give out about today so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,997 ✭✭✭Christy42

Billy86 wrote: »

Well the Trump team has been throwing mud at the wall in the hope that some will stick.

First they tried to use the Quebec attack and blame it on Muslims. Then they made up an incident. Now they are saying that attacks that received wall to wall coverage were brushed under the carpet.

All it has been is wall to wall lies to try and justify this ridiculous ban. From the start it was ridiculous and obviously stupid with the countries chosen and the speed at which it was rushed through. It had errors galore and essentially exiled US residents because it was never thought through or just no one cared about American residents from those countries.

While I laugh I am also worried that people are buying this bull. This could be where the world is going. Another attack is a possibility and sure why not? It would help ISIS no end to ensure that world is divided between Muslims and non muslims.

We have seen this presidents priorities and he is far happier to focus on an attack by a Muslim in another continent with 0 casualties (and would not be affected by his ban) while ignoring a mass shooting in a neighbouring country as it was a white attacker and Muslim victims.

Also I don't appreciate being called a bigot because I see suppression of rights in an ideology that are outdated and not wanted in modern society.

You can attempt to defend your bigotry, but it really just acts to highlight that same bigotry. Hope you can appreciate that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

recedite wrote: »

I have a diploma in constitutional law BTW, but that is not to say my opinion has any extra weight.

Funny, I'm not aware of any Irish third level institution that does a diploma in Constitutional law.

In any event, I would argue that a diploma in Irish Constitutional law, although helpful, wouldn't put one in a massively strong position to interpret US Constitutional law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Christy42 wrote: »
    Well the Trump team has been throwing mud at the wall in the hope that some will stick....
    It would help ISIS no end to ensure that world is divided between Muslims and non muslims.
    We keep hearing this mantra, but how exactly is IS being helped by Trump? In the parts of the world where IS is rampant, the world is already divided; into sunni muslims, shia muslims, and "any other infidels".
    IS has survived under the two periods of Obama administration. His stated aim was to "degrade" them. In other words to contain them, but to maintain them as a useful threat to Syria and Assad.
    Trump on the other hand, has vowed to destroy IS, and soon.
    Funny, I'm not aware of any Irish third level institution that does a diploma in Constitutional law.
    In any event, I would argue that a diploma in Irish Constitutional law, although helpful, wouldn't put one in a massively strong position to interpret US Constitutional law.
    Night classes, including various aspects of law. As I said, I don't attach any great importance to the paper qualification.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Night classes, including various aspects of law. As I said, I don't attach any great importance to the paper qualification.

That is not a diploma in Constitutional law.

• Advertisement

We keep hearing this mantra, but how exactly is IS being helped by Trump? In the parts of the world where IS is rampant, the world is already divided; into sunni muslims, shia muslims, and "any other infidels".
    IS has survived under the two periods of Obama administration. His stated aim was to "degrade" them. In other words to contain them, but to maintain them as a useful threat to Syria and Assad.
    Trump on the other hand, has vowed to destroy IS, and soon.

Obama didn't pretend to have the capacity to destroy IS, and used exactly the same language in relation to al-Qaeda. Unless you reckon that Obama also had some nefarious plan to use al-Qaeda as a 'useful threat' to someone, it's clear that Obama was merely confining his statements to the realm of the achievable. Trump isn't exactly a stranger to talking big, and failing to produce the goods.

Trump is actively promoting the notion that Muslims - whether Shia or Sunni, are a threat to the US. If you can't see how this would promote radicalisation, which clearly benefits the IS playbook, then I don't know what to tell you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement