Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Record player

Options
  • 16-11-2016 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭

I am looking to buy my first record player and tbh I'm confused by the amount of different ones there is. As it is my first one I don't want to spend alot of money on it but at the same time I don't want to buy one that's not going to do the job right.

Is it possible to buy a budget one that works well? I have seen loads new ones from bush,Auna and lidl have one but i have yet to see one in a store these range from 45-80 euro.

Are any of these worth the money?
    Can anyone recommend one?

I'm thinking to buy my first one for relatively small money and spend the money on records but am unsure what to buy.

Any and all suggestions and help would be very grateful

TB26

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Do yourself a favour and invest in a mid-range one. I went the route of buying cheap and after a week was cursing myself for not just putting that wasted money towards a decent one.

The cheap ones have no weight in the arm and you'll get lots of skipping. It'll do your head in.

I settled on a Teac 300 in Cherry from Richersounds. Lovely player!

It'll cost you around €360 delivered from them.

TEAC-TN300-Image-1-.jpg

Advertisement