Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business Opportunities / Options

Options
  • 16-11-2016 9:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi All. I am very happy to find "boards.ie", very informative place to get knowledge / feedback.
    I am going to apply for "Ireland Startup Entrepreneur Visa". This visa allows foreigners to come with a business plan with minimum investment of 50,000 Euros. I would like to take this opportunity and decided to explore the ways to start a business in Ireland.
    My Facts: Education: MBA
    Experience: Alumni Affairs Management, IT School Management, Industrial Equipment Supplier, Trading
    Investment Range: 50,000 - 60,000 Euros
    Interested in:
    Trading / Wholesale / Distribution / Dairy Products Export
    Entertainment / Recreational / Travel / Tourism Services
    Any other option warmly welcomes

My Quarries:
    Is it possible to start and survive with said investment?
    Startup suggestions from above options
    Due to limited first hand information, I need a mentor to guide me in business selection, market research, business plan and startup.
    Regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭BreadnBuddha

Regarding your queries, your MBA should have provided you with the means to answer them yourself.

Are you looking for a mentor, or a business partner in some form?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sajid.

Thank you, first I would like to have some options within the available investment.
    I want to get a start and ready for mentor or business partner.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,570 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Are you looking for business opportunities with €50k of your own to invest, or along with being handed a business idea are you looking for €50k handout too?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭odeamarcas

Hi Sajid,

I recently came across a man originally from the middle east, but resident and in business in Ireland and that deals exactly with this kind of situation with potential entrepreneurs. I write business plans for my own clients, but this man was interested in me writing business plans for his clients. And when I engaged with them I was pretty impressed by what he has been doing for them. If you'd like, send me a PM, and I can reply with some of the details.

Mark.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

This is coming across as a very roundabout way of getting residency.

On the other hand if you actually have 75k to invest, you might just get someone with a "funding gap" in their already qualified HPSU to run with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

As I understand it, it is an entrepreneur visa, not an investment visa. You can't just invest the money, you have to actively invest the money and grow the business. You need to have a chance to grow rapidly with a view to creating at least 10 jobs and it has to be export-oriented. To directly answer your first question, you need a really good business concept and sales leads to reach this level with only 50,000 euros of funding. All the areas you mention as areas that you are interested in are very capital intensive and will need a lot more capital than that to get to the level of providing ten jobs.

That said, if you have the contacts abroad to sell products or services abroad, it would certainly be possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭laurie88

It is indeed possible Sajid!

Advertisement