Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LAN calls and transfers?

Options
  • 16-11-2016 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi we are a small business(2 employees), 1 upstairs in office and 1 on ground floor, we have two grandstream gxp 1620 phones working on same lan with two different IP address', how can we get the phones to call each other? Very limited knowledge of these and any online help is way over my head! I have selected 'Use Quick IP call mode' and cannot call the other phone. Also once we manage to sort this we really need to be able to transfer calls to each other.
    Any help appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

Are they both connected to the same SIP number? Usually in this case if one phone just calls its own number the other phone will ring

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭pamweld

Thank you so much!!! Such a simple solution!!! Trying this for 3 months nearly now!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭pamweld

This method worked for few days but now both phones cannot call each other stating that the other is unavailable and goes straight to voicemail!! Any ideas why this may happen?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Hang on, you shouldn't register the phone with the same sip account on a number of phones. Who is your provider?

The reason it's unavailable is because it's lost registration to the phone or the provider thinks that you're on the phone (i.e. busy)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

Mr. G wrote: »
    Hang on, you shouldn't register the phone with the same sip account on a number of phones. Who is your provider?

The reason it's unavailable is because it's lost registration to the phone or the provider thinks that you're on the phone (i.e. busy)
    It is possible on many providers where simultaneous registrations and calls are allowed. It will usually just ring on all registered devices for inbound and allow multiple calls in parallel on outbound. Yuo may be right in this case that one of the registrations isnt working

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 kbotond2

The same can be achieved also using different account via ring groups. Check if your provider has this feature.
    Another possibility would be to use 2 different account/extension on both of your phones (if the phones has multi account feature). In this case you could use the second account for internal calls.

Advertisement