Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damaged wall by Floor Fitters

Options
  • 16-11-2016 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Hi,

I had a new floor fitted yday by a well known carpet/floor company. Happy with the job but the lads fitting somehow broke the door stopper to stop the handle banging off the wall in bedroom. They also left a hole in wall in the exact shape of the handle.

Legally do I have any rights here to get them to fix it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Have you talked to the contractor about this before doing gun ho?

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭WhyTheFace

davo2001 wrote: »
    Have you talked to the contractor about this before doing gun ho?

Hi,

I've emailed them the issue. The guy I dealt with is not in today. I just want to know where I stand. It's not a major issue, just curious as to who is responsible for repairing.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,459 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

WhyTheFace wrote: »
    Hi,

I've emailed them the issue. The guy I dealt with is not in today. I just want to know where I stand. It's not a major issue, just curious as to who is responsible for repairing.

they did the damage so they are responsible for repairing it. Their insurance should cover it.

Advertisement