Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New National Party announces itself

• 16-11-2016 12:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭

According to The Journal a new anti-EU and anti-immigrant party is holding a press conference in Dublin tomorrow to announce itself to the nation.

Party President is Justin Barrett, who has a history in conservative Catholic pressure groups such as Youth Defence, and he will be the main speaker at the event.

Key issues for the party will be opposition to "multiculturalism", a determination to achieve "unity by consent" and support for the rights of the unborn child.

Whatever happened to that bunch of buffoons with a similar message who announced themselves a year ago?

We have had our problems in this little island but, mercifully, they have not yet extended to blaming immigrants for all our woes. In my humble opinion, we should continue to resist the temptation to do so and give this shower of clowns a wide berth.

But that's just me. Or is it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Already heard that this has been cancelled. The Merrion Hotel heard exactly who they were and pulled the plug.

Why is it that the staunchest of Catholics are always the most intolerant of people?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Already heard that this has been cancelled. The Merrion Hotel heard exactly who they were and pulled the plug.

Why is it that the staunchest of Catholics are always the most intolerant of people?

That's a bit unfair. You don't have to be a staunch Catholic to be a xenophobic arsehole.

Neither are all serious Catholics deserving of that description.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Anti multiculturalism was probably more the problem.

I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with canceling it tbh, don't like to see business refusing to deal with people because of political views if at all possible. Obviously if it was something like your average Nazi protest, fair enough, but some political non entity who'd probably have more journalists at it than supporters?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Advertisement