Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

e-mails not arriving for two days

Options
  • 16-11-2016 1:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭

I get a pop-up box [Enter Network Password]
    The box shows .... Server  .... User name ...... Password

Error message
    Task 'eircom.net - Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).  The server responded: -ERR LOGIN failed'

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

diomed wrote: »
    I get a pop-up box [Enter Network Password]
    The box shows .... Server  .... User name ...... Password

Error message
    Task 'eircom.net - Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).  The server responded: -ERR LOGIN failed'
    Hi diomed,

There is an on-going issue with webmail I'm afraid.  

The issue appears to be a password issue and customers’ are locked out from their webmail account until they reset the email password. Can you change your password via the online process and ensure the new password is completely different to the old one.

Can you check your emailed Contacts (under the Contacts menu) and delete the list. 

Deleting the emailed Contacts list is easiest done in the basic mode. If you are using the advanced version of Zimbra, you will need to click on their email address (upper right hand side) and on the drop down menu click on ‘HMTL client’ and this will bring them into the basic mode (a blue and white interface). Click on Preferences and Contacts, max out the display to 100, click save (upper left hand side). Click on Contacts (on the blue bar), scroll down to emailed Contacts and click the top tick box to select the top 100 and delete. emailed contacts can have up to 10,000 in the list.

Any issues with verification, please email wmsupport@eir.ie

Thanks,

Pamela 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Pamela,

Thank you. I've changed my password.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

diomed wrote: »
    Pamela,

Thank you. I've changed my password.
    No problem at all diomed,

-Pamela