Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyclist Killed in Westmeath

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Andy Magic

RIP.

That's my regular spin, although I try to avoid the N52 north of Mullingar and head south, that Delvin road is very dangerous to cycle on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Trekker09

Damn, I met a gentleman in Cyclesuperstore on Monday and got chatting to him about cycling in Majorca as we were drooling over the €10k Look bikes. He was from Mullingar and in his 70s. Really hope it's not him but terribly sad for the friends and family of whoever it was. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Andy Magic wrote: »
    RIP.

That's my regular spin, although I try to avoid the N52 north of Mullingar and head south, that Delvin road is very dangerous to cycle on.

absolutely ridiculous that that twisty, windy road has 100km an hour speed limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

I hate driving on that stretch, never mind cycling. SO many fatalities over the years.... RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Moflojo

EC1000 wrote: »
    I hate driving on that stretch, never mind cycling. SO many fatalities over the years.... RIP

Jesus, I just googled "N52 Road Death" there now and the results are shocking. There were at least 4 deaths near Mullingar in the past 5 years alone, and further deaths on other stretches of the N52. Such death rates can't be coincidental, it seems like a failure on the part of the authorities to me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement