If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moisture Resistant Speaker

Options
  • 16-11-2016 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Can you recommend a good ceiling speaker you stock (if any) that are water resistant?

Wired and wireless options if you have any!

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Hi guys,

Can you recommend a good ceiling speaker you stock (if any) that are water resistant?

Wired and wireless options if you have any!

Thanks in advance!
    hI Flatzie_poo, thanks for your post

The ceiling speakers we stock would be the Monitor Audio range, starting with the CT165 - http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-11974-ct165.aspx AT €119.95 per speaker,or depending on the room size etc, the CT265 - http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200878-ct265.aspx at €169

Is this for a bathroom/shower room? 
    We have used these in bathrooms on a number of jobs and they are perfectly fine. They would all be wored tho, we don't have any wireless ceiling speakers, as you would still need a mains supply to the wireless

Regards
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Flatzie_poo

Thanks Brian!

Yeah it's for a wet room. Wired is perfect!

Lastly, can you give me recommendation on mid quality level range ceiling speakers? 

These won't need moisture protection.

Preferably one that you can do a Boardie bulk order speacial on (circa 9-10 units)  :)

Thanks again for your help here!

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Thanks Brian!

Yeah it's for a wet room. Wired is perfect!

Lastly, can you give me recommendation on mid quality level range ceiling speakers? 

These won't need moisture protection.

Preferably one that you can do a Boardie bulk order speacial on (circa 9-10 units)  :)

Thanks again for your help here!
    We do have an install pack of 5 of the Monitor Audio Pro65 - http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/pro-ic/pro-65 - they are a decent speaker but not quite as good as the CT165 - the pack of 5 would be €350, so for 10 I could do at €665

If you were buying bulk of 10 or 12 of the CT165, I could do that at €1049 for 10, or for the CT265 - €1490

Cheers
    Brian

Hi fellers,

Apologies in the delay on getting back, but after taking care of other DIY stuff I'm ready to pull the trigger on this.

Can you give me your best price on 9 x Ceiling speakers with a respectable spec. (Must be able to come in a white finish on the cap.)

And 1 x Moisture resistant speaker - something just for a wetroom.

Cheers again for all the help/advice here.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi fellers,

Apologies in the delay on getting back, but after taking care of other DIY stuff I'm ready to pull the trigger on this.

Can you give me your best price on 9 x Ceiling speakers with a respectable spec. (Must be able to come in a white finish on the cap.)

And 1 x Moisture resistant speaker - something just for a wetroom.

Cheers again for all the help/advice here.
    Hi Flatzie_Poo.

Speakers would be the same as mentioned above:
    Monitor Audio Pro -65 which I can still offer at the above pricing.
    http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/pro-ic/pro-65

For 9 of these total price would be £522.90 or 630 Euro.

Next would be the Monitor Audio CT165 
    https://www.richersounds.com/product/installation-speakers/monitor-audio/ct165/moni-audio-ct165

For 9 of these I could offer at £783.60 or 944.99 Euro

For a moisture resistant speaker you could look at the Monitor Audio all weather.
    http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/all-weather

They are pretty pricey coming in at £250 - £300 per speaker. (They would be a special order).

Q Acoustics have the QI65CW st priced at £180 per speaker. I could drop this to £140 each.
    https://www.richersounds.com/product/installation-speakers/q-acoustics/qi65cw-st/qaco-qi1200

Let me know what you think.

Any questions drop me a post.

• Advertisement

Great stuff - is it easiest if I just PM you my contact details to proceed?

Great stuff - is it easiest if I just PM you my contact details to proceed?
    Hi Flatzie_Poo.

Yeah drop me a PM with some details and a contact number and I can give you a buzz.

Hi folks,

Thanks so much for the help with all that. The speakers look great and are exactly what I was after.

Can you recommend and amp to compliment these?

I'll have 10 speakers in total needed to connect. Is it possible to implement a multichannel systems to zone the inputs to different rooms at a time?

Thanks again!

Hi folks,

Thanks so much for the help with all that. The speakers look great and are exactly what I was after.

Can you recommend and amp to compliment these?

I'll have 10 speakers in total needed to connect. Is it possible to implement a multichannel systems to zone the inputs to different rooms at a time?

Thanks again!
    Hey Flatzie_poo.

Excellent that you are happy with the speakers.

On the amp side of things, we would not have anything that can run that many speakers at one time.
    Most of our stereo amps are only designed to run 4 speakers )2 pairs).

How many rooms are the speakers spread over? There may be some other options depending on budget.

Thanks for getting back.

Figured as much from the info I'm getting my side.

Basically there are 6 rooms overall with speakers.

Can you let me know the options? Hoping for something other than 3 amps!!

Thanks again for all your help!

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Thanks for getting back.

Figured as much from the info I'm getting my side.

Basically there are 6 rooms overall with speakers.

Can you let me know the options? Hoping for something other than 3 amps!!

Thanks again for all your help!
    Hi Flatzie_Poo,

Unfortunately the only multi zone amplifier we stock is the Denon Heos Drive which will run 8 speakers in up to 4 rooms. This unit retails at £1999. It also has inputs for each zone as well as the ability to run wirelessly as part of a multi zone system with other Heos products:

https://www.richersounds.com/product/multi-room-components/heos/drive/deno-heos-drive

Let me know if this sort of option would suit.

Kind regards

David

Thanks for the reply David.

Trying to be creative here, in theory, could you recommend an amplifier that could be used in conjunction with something like this?

https://www.amazon.com/Speaker-Selector-Switcher-Control-SPECIALTY-AV/dp/B009LSOXHS/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1501832665&sr=1-1&keywords=10+channel+speaker+selector

It's not the price of the Denon you sent me on that puts me off it, I'd just rather have one centrally-controlled amp if possible... hence why I'm trying to be creative :)

Cheers again for the assistance folks!

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Flatzie,

thanks for the post - we would not recommend any amps to run with that Speaker switch / volume control - TBH tying to run 10 pairs of speakers from one domestic amp is pretty much always going to end in tears! Generally we would recommend using a max of a 3 set speaker switch such as the excellent QED SS30.

On another point - the Denon HEOS drive mentioned above by David is centrally controllable via a really smart app!

Thanks again and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks for that,

So is there 2 amps you could recommend to use in conjunction with 2x QED SS30? To provide total coverage for the 9 rooms?

Cheers again lads.

Thanks for that,

So is there 2 amps you could recommend to use in conjunction with 2x QED SS30? To provide total coverage for the 9 rooms?

Cheers again lads.
    Hey Flatzie_poo.

Seems your post got missed.

I'll need to look into this for you as again its not a standard type of thing to do.

I suppose as long as one of the amps had a pre out then it could be connected to another and used with a 2nd SS30.

Let me confirm this and get back to you.

Hi kenny,

Absolutely no problem. Thanks for the assistance!

I get that this isn't ideal, but set-up wise i'd prefer to keep it to 2 amps. The Denons would have been a way around this, but i like the aesthetics of the wired.

I'll keep my side too! but again really appreciate you guys' creativity with this :)

here's hoping you have something that will suit!

Cheers!!
    F

Hi kenny,

Absolutely no problem. Thanks for the assistance!

I get that this isn't ideal, but set-up wise i'd prefer to keep it to 2 amps. The Denons would have been a way around this, but i like the aesthetics of the wired.

I'll keep my side too! but again really appreciate you guys' creativity with this :)

here's hoping you have something that will suit!

Cheers!!
    F
    Hey F.

I've done a little checking and one of the first amps with a preout to run a 2nd amp would be the Onkyo A9150 which is priced at £499 each
    https://www.richersounds.com/product/amplifiers-receivers/onkyo/a9150/onky-a9150-blk

I could get a bit lower on these if they are of interest to you.

I'll also see if I can come up with anything else.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.