Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfair Warning

Options
  • 16-11-2016 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,987 ✭✭✭✭

I am asking here to overturn a yellow card warning I feel I received unfairly.

Recently there has been lots of disputes in the Dash Cam thread on the motors forum regarding videos uploaded which are not from Dash Cams. For clarification I personally never had any problem with any of the videos and felt they all should be allowed as they basically capture the same thing, just from different sources or angles. But the thread has its rules and I can accept that.

Last week, someone posted a video from a mobile phone, walking around cars, and while I personally thought it was a good video, I posted on the thread that the OP should be aware he/she may get a wrap on their knuckles as the video was not a dash cam.

My post was deleted with no comment, no warning and no PM. I couldn't understand why, or who done it. So I posted again, addressing the moderators pointing out the seemingly double standards being allowed but wondered why my innocuous post was deleted

This post was again deleted and I received a warning. Now if I had of received a pm from the moderator who deleted my first post, I would have replied, but as I had no idea who it was, I posted on the thread. I was in no way aggressive or causing trouble, I was just asking for clarification.

As my post which I received the warning for was also deleted, I feel that was punishment enough and it was unfair to follow that up with a warning.

So I have discussed with Alanstrainor who refuses to overturn the warning, hence my turning to here.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057386855

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Hi Seve OB.

I'll have a look at this. Can you please forward your PM exchange preferably by PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,987 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

thanks tricky D. PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Hi Seve OB,

Thanks for the PMs.

The charters (all of them) are very clear on not questioning mod actions on thread as they merely derail threads and don't get the same notice a Reported Post does. The deletion of the first which was a minor case of backseat modding, though not enough for further action, should have served as a hint that you should have used the Reported Post function. You stated you didn't understand why but that should have been handled off thread instead of your subsequent post questioning the mod action on thread which is a clear no-no, hence the card. You have already previously received 2 one week bans for the same, so a card in this case is relatively speaking a light sanction which I have no option but to uphold.

Card Upheld

Regards
    tricky D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,987 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

fair enough, i appreciate you taking a look

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement