Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you ever done it on a 1st date?

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Rekop dog wrote: »
    You seem to be inferring that women who wait for a while don't have any sexual desires or arent liberated. It's absolutely not the case. Women can have a huge sexual appetite but also be sensible in picking who she wants it with and not jumping into bed with a stranger. All I'm saying is in mine and my friends experiences, women who are the most desirable nearly never let out early, but as I say we probably have different tastes.

But they aren't liberated... Let's not beat around the bush here men and women equally love sex. We're human, we're wired that way. If she's not putting out because she'll think it makes her a slut or that people will look down on her then she is not liberated. I have no problem with that, hey it's your life but I am not attracted to that. Women who're openly sexual about what they want and true to their desires and needs are women I like.

You and your friends need to meet more women then, or need to step up your game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Burial. wrote: »
    But they aren't liberated... Let's not beat around the bush here men and women equally love sex. We're human, we're wired that way. If she's not putting out because she'll think it makes her a slut or that people will look down on her then she is not liberated. I have no problem with that, hey it's your life but I am not attracted to that. Women who're openly sexual about what they want and true to their desires and needs are women I like.

You and your friends need to meet more women then, or need to step up your game.

Anyone who uses the word 'game' or openly boasts about such exploits are usually the most inexperienced.

There's tonnes of reasons why someone wouldn't sleep with someone on a first date and the fact you think not doing so equates to them not being sexually liberated is a very juvenile attitude to have.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

All this talk of women putting out etc doesn't really resonate with me as a man. I wouldn't be keen on sleeping with women after the first date because I'm not in any rush, and I'd like to be a bit more comfortable with someone before sleeping with them. What I would ideally like from a first date is at least some form of sexual chemistry whether it be a kiss or flirting or anything to go on, so that at least you would know that this is going to go somewhere in the future. My biggest problem with first dates is that often I come out of them with none of the above and thus I'm never sure if there's any point in going on a second date at all.

Anyone who uses the word 'game' or openly boasts about such exploits are usually the most inexperienced.

There's tonnes of reasons why someone wouldn't sleep with someone on a first date and the fact you think not doing so equates to them not being sexually liberated is a very juvenile attitude to have.

Step up your game is a figure of speech. Anyone with a brain cell knows pick up techniques are a complete joke. Not boasting one bit either. Sex is what it is.

Of course there are plenty of reasons. But it is the essence of not being liberated. If it is something like after a long term relationship and in a crossroads I will know that in advance and I simply won't date that girl. As I said I only take girls who I know I'll have a great chance of having something serious with out and never ask a girl on a date until I know her quite a bit. But if we're talking single guy, single girl, guy like girl, there's no reason why it shouldn't happen on date one. And if she simply isn't liberated, then fine by me, onto the next one you can't win them all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

All this talk of women putting out etc doesn't really resonate with me as a man. I wouldn't be keen on sleeping with women after the first date because I'm not in any rush, and I'd like to be a bit more comfortable with someone before sleeping with them. What I would ideally like from a first date is at least some form of sexual chemistry whether it be a kiss or flirting or anything to go on, so that at least you would know that this is going to go somewhere in the future. My biggest problem with first dates is that often I come out of them with none of the above and thus I'm never sure if there's any point in going on a second date at all.

Yeah, I'm kind like you in that sense, if there's no touching at all it seems a bit flat doesn't it.

Although I've already said I have slept with men on a first date simply because the opportunity was there and the chemistry great.

Wouldn't put me off if I didn't though so long as there was something there.

• Advertisement

Perfectly fine. As I have said some men and women like to take things super slow, I simply am not one of those guys and cannot be arsed wasting my time on a woman like that as they're are simply too many women out there who'll be up front about things. Thankfully women are slowly realising their true sexual nature and I am certain my policy will become the majority norm in the not so distant future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭Walter H Price

Thankfully women are slowly realising their true sexual nature and I am certain my policy will become the majority norm in the not so distant future.

Think you're 100% spot on there morals are pretty much dead, nobody gives a fcuk anymore it's all about pure hedonistic pleasure now , and it's about time tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Perfectly fine. As I have said some men and women like to take things super slow, I simply am not one of those guys and cannot be arsed wasting my time on a woman like that as they're are simply too many women out there who'll be up front about things. Thankfully women are slowly realising their true sexual nature and I am certain my policy will become the majority norm in the not so distant future.

How old are you? Because my attitude towards these things have changed as I have gotten older

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

That's ridiculous. Not many attractive women these days let out in first few dates, they've an abundance of choice and too much risks out there. You're basically ruling out most people worth having. The chase is fun too.

Thats funny I found attractive girls are just as likely to sleep with guys as unattractive. I agree regarding the chase

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Step up your game is a figure of speech. Anyone with a brain cell knows pick up techniques are a complete joke. Not boasting one bit either. Sex is what it is.

Of course there are plenty of reasons. But it is the essence of not being liberated. If it is something like after a long term relationship and in a crossroads I will know that in advance and I simply won't date that girl. As I said I only take girls who I know I'll have a great chance of having something serious with out and never ask a girl on a date until I know her quite a bit. But if we're talking single guy, single girl, guy like girl, there's no reason why it shouldn't happen on date one. And if she simply isn't liberated, then fine by me, onto the next one you can't win them all.

She could have genuine reasons for not wanting sex, time of the month, work in the morning, tired, still trying to get the measure of you etc. Nothing to do with being liberated or not. I'd be wary of sleeping with someone on the first date if I didn't know them well just from a safety point of view. Going home with a stranger can be risky and some people understandably want to wait. I wouldn't even consider that someone isn't liberated just because they won't shag on the first night. It's an odd conclusion to draw.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭Goya

Jeez... I do think this thing of "waiting" some arbitrary period of time for the sake of it, is pointless. If you both want to have sex with each other on the first date, why wait.

But there are some strange leaps here regarding not having sex (or "putting out" - charming :D) on the first date. It is one date. What's the rush? How does one date without sex mean having to wait ages (how do you know there won't be sex on the second date)? And how the heck does one date without sex mean (the following are bits I picked up on the thread) the person is not liberated or is wanting to abide by some moral code or has notions of purity about themselves?! It also doesn't mean the person is not sexual or that they don't fancy their date or that they don't view sex as purely for pleasure either.

Some people aren't into sex with strangers - it doesn't mean they have to be in love with them before they have sex with them, just that they'd like to get to know them a little bit first; it is one of the most intimate acts after all. Sex is a bigger deal to some than to others - there is a wide spectrum between sex as just a gratifying act, and sex between two people madly in love with each other.

Missing out on something with a person just because they don't have sex on the first date is bizarre. Are there not other attributes of theirs that are of interest? I thought a date was with a view to a relationship too - if sex is the only thing of interest, why bother with a date and why not just go to a crowded club or late bar?

If the other person keeps avoiding sex for weeks (for whatever reason) then that's obviously something that not everyone can deal with, but one date? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 29 airportlackie

I put out on the first date if she buys me a packet of crisps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭Torcaill

l;

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭Torcaill

Pant pant - If we're gonna go all the way, tonight's the night. If we're gonna go all the way, tonight's the night!

I'll love u forever!
    "Love lift us up where we belong"

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭mayobumblebee

Just once . I knew him years before. We got talking ended up at his and I never really went home. Still together

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

It would be highly immoral if it were indeed to take place. The only moral sexual act is natural marital relations.
    To be moral, each and every knowingly chosen sexual act must have three good fonts of morality : the intention must be good, the moral object must be good, and the good consequences must outweigh any bad consequences.
    In order to have a good moral object, each and every sexual act must be marital and unitive and procreative.
    All non-marital sexual acts are intrinsically evil and always gravely immoral. As such, 'doing it' on a first date probably never happens in Ireland despite some of the claims above. Irish people are better than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

I'm guessing any poor girl with the name Lucretia knows she's getting lucky with you on a first date bhoyo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭naughto

It would be highly immoral if it were indeed to take place. The only moral sexual act is natural marital relations.
    To be moral, each and every knowingly chosen sexual act must have three good fonts of morality : the intention must be good, the moral object must be good, and the good consequences must outweigh any bad consequences.
    In order to have a good moral object, each and every sexual act must be marital and unitive and procreative.
    All non-marital sexual acts are intrinsically evil and always gravely immoral. As such, 'doing it' on a first date probably never happens in Ireland despite some of the claims above. Irish people are better than that.

Christ just get locked and ride her ffs
    Never mind your sh1te talk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭dubrov

I'm guessing any poor girl with the name Lucretia knows she's getting lucky with you on a first date bhoyo!

Unfortunately he was only able to achieve 2 of the 3 good fonts of morality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,522 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

naughto wrote: »
    Christ just get locked and ride her ffs
    Never mind your sh1te talk.

He's TRoL-ing as per usual

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,676 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

No Calibri?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭naughto

fullstop wrote: »
    He's TRoL-ing as per usual

I no he is cos no woman in her right mind would stand for sh1te he talks.even the ones that liked to be paid after would turn him down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Yes, a few times. I was out in town once after a match in Croke Park, met a girl and went back to hers. Did the deed and fell asleep. I woke up a couple of hours later, no sign of her so I went looking for the kitchen to get a drink. Opened the wrong door, and made eye contact with her just as she was dropping a ****e. It was like somrthing out of a movie, time seemed to slow as she shouted "GET OOUUUUTTT!", then the plop reverberated around the room.
    Just put my clothes on and left, wasnt much point after that.

Advertisement