Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most stupid reason even ESB cant read one of the meters

Options
  • 16-11-2016 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭

yesterday the ESB guy came for the meter readings
    I have two meters in the house
    One heating other for light
    Reading the meter for heat was no problem but meter for light was impossible
    He tried to read 3 times to read it with his handheld reader and was declined
    he tried it a fourth time to put in the four digits of the light meter by hand and his handheld reader showed a name and an adres from someone else but not mine
    He told me there is someone else near me with a meter with the same last four digits so he could do nothing with is and I had to contact ESB with the problem myself
    Example

My meter  Last four digids of the meter wxyz
    Someone elses meter near me  Four digits  of the meter wxyz

He left without reading them
    Called ESB and they told me my story was impossible

Looked at my previous bills from 2014 until now

4 October 2014  consumer reading

14 nov ESB reading
    19 nov bill say estimated

28 jan 2015  bill estimated

15 mar esb reading
    20 mar bill estimated

22 may bill estimated

22 jul bill estimated

12 sep ESB reading
    18 sep  bill estimated

3 nov got a letter of the esb my meter was not read for a year bla bla
    19 nov bill says you read your meter yourself

4 jan ESB reading
    10 jan bill estimated

21 jan bill estimated

10 mar ESB reading

19 mar bill estimated

10 jan to 20 jul three bills with three different amounds on it and payd them all????

25 sept esb reading

5 oct bill estimated

16 nov ESB reading guy says because I stood near him cant read meter because its in the system  under another name and another place and handheld reader said  did read it already and walked away without the readings done
    ESB don't believe the story thinks I'm nuts of something like that

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

o and yes I'm a consumer of yours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi crossmolinalad,

Thanks for getting in touch.

ESB Networks read all electricity meters regardless of supplier. They aim to read these meters four times a year, and estimate them twice yearly. However, depending on the accessibility of the meter, the number of estimates may increase. As such, if you would like to discuss the meter reader, or the meter reading process, we would recommend contacting ESB Networks directly. Their contact information can be found online here.

However, we would be more than happy to look into your Electric Ireland account if you wish. In order for us to look at your account, and compare the serial numbers we have on file for you with the serial numbers of your meter, could you please send us a private message with the following details?
    • Your full name
    • Your account number
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)
    • The RM/Serial Numbers of your meter
    We can also look into entering an accurate meter reading for you, after your bill has been released. When your bill is issued, and should it say that the reading is estimated, you can send us a private message with your account details and a reading taken by yourself from your meter. We can then look into issuing you with an up-to-date bill.

If you have any questions please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

Advertisement