Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employment in Cork

Options
  • 16-11-2016 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi everyone!

I am a university graduate from the US and was wondering if there are anything I need to know about getting a job in Ireland.

I studied International Business in the US. I took classes in HR, Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Management, and Economics. The business college I attended at university is internationally accredited. I am looking to go into Finance and Accounting. I do some professional experience in HR from an internship I did. I moved here to Cork in September this year.

So, if you have any information that could help that would great! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭blindsider

If you want Accountancy, you will need to go the professional route - i'm sure you know all about that.

If you want more general graduate finance, you could try any of the multinationals - they all have some sort of finance function and a decent degree might be enough to get you in.

EMC/Dell are not hiring currently - from what I hear.....

Apple, Lilly, Pfizer, Amazon, Johnson Controls etc will all have vacancies - maybe try to hook up with people on LinkedIn.

IMO any job in a multi-national can be used as a stepping stone into another job. So, if you joined e.g. Amazon in Customer Care, you could then try to apply for internal opportunities.

I presume you have visas/work permits etc in order.

Best of luck!

Advertisement