Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone on here make their own portable rocket stove?

Options
  • 16-11-2016 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Has anyone done this? I have a couple of ammo cans that i'm planning to convert.

regards
    Stovepipe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Savage93

Stovepipe wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Has anyone done this? I have a couple of ammo cans that i'm planning to convert.

regards
    Stovepipe

https://www.pinterest.com/explore/rocket-stoves/
    Have a look here :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

I am just after making a drink can stove though have to buy some methylated spirit, rocket stove will be next

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭bogwarrior

yep , made one out of large dog food can . like on youtube . worked great , had a great cook out one night with the young fellow . the amo can ones look very good ya should give it a go , great fun . there easy once you stop looking at the internet and get busy doing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭laurie88

made loads, out of cans, cinder blocks, getting one ready to be made out of steel tube
    may post a pic once it's welded

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

Hi all,
    I have just bought the cross-members from SiegeStoves for use with IKEA's cutlery holder. They are made of stainless steel, a pair for the top and a pair for the bottom. They fit the IKEA cutlery holder perfectly but can adapt to any kind of can, such as a large coffee can or a paint can. One pair has a set of wickedly sharp points, which can be used to stand the stove up on rough ground or can be used to punch holes in an unprepared can to make a stove out of it. They are also available in titanium. The stainless steel set cost USD 22, while the titanium set are slightly more. They are not always in stock so there may be a shipping delay, but mine took less than a week, door to door. They have a footprint of seven inches and are quite stable. Also included is a small P38 can opener. Not a fan of these, myself, but it's small and light and easy to carry.

regards
    Stovepipe

• Advertisement
Advertisement