Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ford Kuga

• 16-11-2016 5:39pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I am looking at a new 171 Kuga.

How do they compare with the VW Tiguan, Seat Ateca, Hiyundai Tuscon, Kia Sportage?

I want a decent well specced car with leather, parking sensors plus a few extras.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I'd say much smaller, you'd nearly need to look at a Ford Edge when comparing with the above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

The edge is much bigger than all of those, and starting price is north of 20k more than all of them too. The Kuga is what they compete with, it's similar inside and out in size to the rest.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Drive one OP.

I drove a newish Titanium model with a lowish output 2.0TDCI engine last weekend. Quite liked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Cupra280

The Ateca is one fine looking machine.
    I'm after something of this size next, and it will be on the shortlist, alongside the Kia Sportage, Audi Q2/Q3 and MINI Countryman.

I prefer the look of the old Kuga, the 171 model looks a little plain compared to the rivals.

The Edge is much bigger, that is going for the Range Rover/Jaguar F-Pace market.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Do Fords hold their value?

I have driven the VW Tiguan, the Seat Ateca, and the Ford Kuga. I think they all drive much the same - but it is hard to tell in a short drive, and I could live with any of them.

The Ford appears to have a higher driving position, but it could be just an illusion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

What about the Renault Kadjar or Kia Sportage?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

bazz26 wrote: »
    What about the Renault Kadjar or Kia Sportage?

Not too keen on Renault - had one once and electrics failed wholesale.

Kia - not that keen on Asian cars. I rent cars quite often and I think the Asian ones do not leave a good feeling.

The short list if VW, Seat, and Ford. The real question is residuals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Qashqai has traditionally been very solid second hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Renaults are as reliable as any other brand these days, the Kadjar is a Qashqai with slightly different packaging.

The current Kuga has been on sale since 2012 and has just been revised for 2017 so in 3 years time there will most likely be an all new one on sale which will have an impact on resale values of the current model. Personally I'm not a fan of the interiors of Fords these days, I find the design and switchgear to be a bit dated with some fiddly buttons

If you're concerned about resale values, the VW Tiguan is probably the safest bet in that regard but they will cost more up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Cupra280

The new Peugeot 3007 also looks stunning.

I've only seen it online as part of my research, and the interior quality seems to be a big improvement of Peugeots of old.

• Advertisement
Advertisement