Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Builders muck everywhere on the R113 Ballycullen.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,079 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

There are fairly strict rules for building sites about cleaning truck wheels as they exit the site. If you get onto South Dublin Co Co planning enforcement dept, they will probably follow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

There are fairly strict rules for building sites about cleaning truck wheels as they exit the site. If you get onto South Dublin Co Co planning enforcement dept, they will probably follow up.

This is probably the best course of action. The council will have granted the planning application with conditions - some of which will cover keeping the access and roads close to the site clean.

It was very noticeable early this year at the entrance/exit to the site on Lower Kimmage Road where construction of a sizeable apartment complex began. The road was kept clean during the early ground work. Same can be said for the site on Dorset St. at the old Mongey Plunkett garage and the recent housing development at the hospice in Harolds Cross. All of these are in Dublin City Council but I'm sure similar applies to SDCC.

Do bear in mind that some dirt and muck is to be expected from time to time and it can't be kept clean 100% of the time but it is not acceptable for any construction works to leave the road in shíte during the works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Not as strict as I thought. I had a similar problem with a local site and the site exit was on a narrow windy road. The trucks would leave lumps of stone and gravel all over the place, and when it was wet it was just a river of mud. Contacted the local councillors and a couple investigated, visited on a wet day and agreed. Site manager said they'd change their heavy vehicle exit and will clean the road, which would have been part of planning being granted anyway. Anyone near a site would know that the street cleaners just spread the mud around anyway but at least the gravel and rock stopped being dragged out.

An office I used to work in had a number of sites around it back during the boom in the city centre and they had wheel washes and lads with power washers cleaning the trucks as they left the muddy site. That should be mandatory for every big development imo but like crosstownk mentions, I've only ever seen it within Dublin City Council.

Advertisement