Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garage pricing ok or rip off.

• 16-11-2016 6:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭

Quoted €500 for this work (full service and bearings - I knew there was a few more bits too). Collected it was €788. He said he underestimated bearing price. I looked up the bearings (rear 05 cmax) and they do seem more expensive than standard focus ones but not by the margin given. Was I ripped off or are they reasonable (i.e. should I avoid in future or safe to use again).

1.6 petrol CMAX 05.

Wheel Bearings X 2 = €227
    Front wish bone bushing €79.45
    Pollen Filter €13.62
    Rear Brake Pads €29.83
    Engine Mounting €73.78
    Spark Plugs €29.74
    Oil Filter €11.69
    5W-30 OIL €39.50
    Labour €272.40

Total: €788.83

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

That is pretty dam good there for all that work (including labour!) holy sheet. He is under pricing by a fair wack. Go get a second opinion on that service with another garage and you can easily add another €200.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭wingnut

Thanks for the reply Hal1. They do seem honest but its hard to know if your not mechanically inclined!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

That was definitely a lot of work to get done for €788 you did better out of it than him.

Advertisement