Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When is O'Connell Street Re-opening?

Options
  • 16-11-2016 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭

Anyone know when O'Connell Street is re-opening?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

Kettleson wrote: »
    Anyone know when O'Connell Street is re-opening?

Thanks

From the Councils website:
    "O’Connell Street (from its junction with Grattan Street to its junction with lower Knox Street)

Pedestrian access only from Monday 5th September until Wednesday 30th November (inclusive)

Access for deliveries will be facilitated between 8am and 12noon Monday to Saturday.

Pedestrian access will be maintained at all times.

The alternative route for vehicular traffic will be via Lower John Street, Adelaide Street and Wine Street."

I would expect the traders would be raging if it went past the 30th November. Considering the time of year I won't blame them if it did happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Yes thanks for that.

I did hear on the radio a while ago that Co-Co resources were having to be diverted to other projects at the expense of resources/labour then currently employed in O'Connell Street, and delays to original completion target were to be expected.

BUMP:

Anyone else heard of possible delays to completion? Its a real headache doing school run and getting to work on time at present. Hope it re-opens soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Heard on the radio alright that some of the funds have to be diverted to the N4 re-alignment. I was also told (not a reliable source)
    that on completion next year it's being pedestrianized again.
    So I'm afraid it's going to be a case of setting the clock earlier if true!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Irish Water are still expected to finish their work on the 30th, meaning the road shoukd re open.

The delayed work, is the street improvements, that were to be done in the new year. Seems thatcould be delayed till atleast later in the year. Hopefully IW return to street to what it was befpre they started, buf walking down the street in the week, the areas that theyhad dug up, and refilled, look like an absolute state. The whole street currently resembles a building site.

• Advertisement

Thanks folks.

Personally I'd be delighted if it was permanently pedestrianised.

I bring my friends kids into school as well, so it would just be good to get a def idea of where we are at with it one way or 'tother.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Could they not at least temporarily allow you into wine street car park from john st. Such a nightmare getting around from Dunnes in Cranmore to Tesco, although it always was anyway.

Its one way, out onto john street, which is far more dangerous coming out blind across a footpath.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

If these works are going to run over into December should the work men have to wear Santa suits? Might improve the Christmas spirit on O'Connell St.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

If these works are going to run over into December should the work men have to wear Santa suits? Might improve the Christmas spirit on O'Connell St.

Absolutely, or little elf ones at the very least.

Advertisement